ElaineS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I'm booked on this tour and wondered if any fellow travellers would like to do the Hong Kong add on after New Zealand?

Also what are the best optional excursions on this tour and should I prebook them or wait and pay on the tour.

Elaine.

Helenmac
(Member)
Hi Elaine

I am booked on Amazing Australia part of the tour only and extending within Melbourne for a few more days to complete the Great Ocean Road. I have booked most of the excursions on offer excluding Ballarat. Am keen to see as much of the country as possible.

his is my first trip with JY but from reading some of the posts the tour looks brilliant.

Look forward to meeting you in November

Helen

ElaineS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen

Thanks for replying. I'm still looking at which excursions to choose both in Australia and New Zealand - they all look good. I've just booked the add on to Bangkok after New Zealand.

I can't wait until November. Looking forward to meeting you then.

Elaine.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Elaine

I have been to NZ with JY and done OZ independently if you let me know what excursions they are if you want I can give my humble opinion.. ! For what it is worth...

Cindy

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi

I did this tour last November and loved Australia, I did most of the optional tours, Daintree and Ballarat didn't operate as not enough booked but there's plenty to do in their place in both Cairns and Melbourne or just to recharge your batteries as you will need to odd day to recharge, the tours I do highly recommend are Freemantle in Perth, the balloon in Alice Springs, Kuranda Skyrail in Cairns is a must do as is Sydney's Blue mountains and harbour cruise, the western Mcdonnell Ranges in Alice is good though lots of clambering about so you need to be reasonable agail and follows on from the included city tour, again you may wish to just relax beside the hotels pool though you do get some stunning pictures from the tour, you will also love the included Silence of the sounds dinner at Ayers Rock as well as the farewell dinner aboard the Melbourne Tram

have a great time

Dave

ElaineS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Elaine

I have been to NZ with JY and done OZ independently if you let me know what excursions they are if you want I can give my humble opinion.. ! For what it is worth...

Cindy

Hi Cindy

Thanks for replying. There are lots of excursions so here goes, Australia: Kuranda Skyrail, Bush BBQ Alice Springs, Daintree, Featherdale Wildlife Park, Philip Island's Penguin Parade, Sovereign Hill,Swan Valley and Freemantle, Sydney Harbour Cruise, Western McDonell Ranges, Yanchep National Park. New Zealand: Dart River Safari,Hobbiton, Karawarau Jet, Rainbow Springs and Gondola Ride and Wine Tasting, Walter Peak Cruise and Dinner.

I've only listed the prebookable trips, there are flights to book when you are in NZ.

Thanks

Elaine.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Elaine

Blimey there are a lot you can choose from!

Ok Kurunda Skyrail is worth doing, if you like photography you get a great shot at one point of the train with all the carriages behind you...is the only one I can vouch for...on the first section..I did a helecopter flight over Ayres Rock and the Olga's which I would totally recommend if you have the time. I booked this up while at Ayres rock. Sydney harbour cruise is worth doing as you see great views of the bridge and opera house.

New Zealand Rainbow Springs was ok and the sheep dog display was amusing...I did the kawAra jet ride which I thought would be fast and furious in fact it was worth doing but wasn't scary at all. I didn't do gondola ride but those that did said it was worth doing. Walter peak cruise and dinner was nice, but we had horrendous weather so that took the edge of the visit.

Our Rep had a few other things for us to try one was a 4 stop wine tasting tour with a lunch In between. Which I found interesting and informative..the other one was Antarctic centre www.iceberg.co.nz

I wanted to do many of the optional flights while away but due to weather conditions (up in the air) the only one I managed was the flight to Franz Josef Glacier which was good all others did not run

Cindy