BettyBoo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I have booked this trip, my 4th JY holiday. I have visited some of of the places on the tour before but never seen New England in the fall or New York. Any other fellow travellers out there?

BB

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello BB

I to am booked on this tour with a friend, we are doing the add on as well in NYC.

I have been on the Boston New England and NYC tour before in 2006 and looking forward to doing this all again.

With the bonus for me Canada...

I have posted reviews and comment about this before have a look and see what I said Might help you, it's going to be a great tour..

Cindy

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to meeting you and your friend. Will be doing research on NYC nearer the time.

Kind regards BB

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thought I would bring this forward in case there are any other forum users on this tour doing the add on who would like to make contact. I'm now planning what to do in New York, have posted in the ask your editor section as well.

BB

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BB

Like you I am looking forward to this tour, won't be to much longer now..really looking forward to it..just hope I can manage the boat and the helo at the falls..

Cindy

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Hi BB

Like you I am looking forward to this tour, won't be to much longer now..really looking forward to it..just hope I can manage the boat and the helo at the falls..

Cindy

Hi Cindy

I have done both on a trip about 20 years ago but like you I still want to do both. Have you got a list yet of must sees in NY city?

BB

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
BB

The reason I am re doing This tour and New York add on, is because I didn't have time last time to see all I wanted to.

I want to re visit and see what they have done re 9/11 memorial and museum. Last time it was just a peak at Central Park so I want to spend time there, perhaps a buggy ride or a guided walk. I have never been to Ellis Island so that's on my wish list to take in that part of the history. I have done a helicopter flight over and around the Statue of Liberty. I have seen a show in Broadway, but would like to do another, shopping, walk the Brooklyn bridge there's fantastic views from there, museums etc etc.

There is a great revolving restaurant that's worth visiting, amazing views.

I think we will all be very busy.

Cindy

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy and fellow travellers

The official provider of tickets and tours to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island can be found at www.statuecruises.com. The boats depart from Battery Park which is not too far from the hotel. I booked a 10am ticket for the Crown access on Monday 6/10 of the add on as it will leave the rest of the day free. I think this will mean getting to the boat by 9am. From Julia's reply in the ask your editor section it appears that the city tour will be on Saturday morning and the optional cruise on Sunday morning.

Most of the Broadway shows are closed on Mondays but have a Sunday pm show. Not sure yet if I will pre book, might just take a chance with the TKTS booth.

I am sure the tour manager will have a few suggestions of what to do in our 'free time'. I want to keep my plans quite flexible as some sights may depend on the weather. I don't fancy Central Park in the rain or shopping in the sunshine!

BB

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
BB.

Thanks for that link I will have a look and perhaps book. Like you I won't book a show this end I will take a chance with the booth. I also am tryin to plan wet/dry weather plans so when I get up it's an either/or scenario. personally I am not a BIG shopper or tourist sovenier type of person, so not many hours will be spent shopping!! I would rather be looking at something!

Once again thanks

Cindy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
BettyBoo

See you tomorrow, I think this will be a great trip..

Cindy