BettyBoo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, can you let me know how many people have booked so far, and how many with the New York add on.

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BettyBoo,

There are 15 booked on this trip - 5 are booked to take the main tour only while New York add-on is fully booked with 10 travellers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BB

I have answered your other message re this tour..looking forward to this tour

Cindy

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi BettyBoo,

There are 15 booked on this trip - 5 are booked to take the main tour only while New York add-on is fully booked with 10 travellers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia

Can you let me know what pre-bookable optional excursions are available in New York with prices please.

Thanks BB

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BB,

I have the following as pre-bookable for New York:

New York by Night - £35

A fantastic opportunity to see the great sights of Manhattan Island illuminated! During your tour of the city you'll also visit Times Square to view the lights followed by a trip up the Empire State Building for magnificent views of the Big Apple.

Then, the following as bookable in resort:

Circle Cruise (£ 26.00)

This is just about everyone’s favourite excursion in the ‘Big Apple’! This 2.5hr cruise sails all the way around Manhattan Island and takes in over 101 city sights of it’s exciting skyline, including a close-up of the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and the Yankee Stadium. Each cruise is narrated by one of the professional onboard guides.

2.5 Hour Cruise

Helicopter Flight - New York New York (£ 161.00)

Soar above New York Harbour to view all of New York City’s most captivating sights. Your tour begins down the Hudson River, flying by Manhattan’s Financial District, allowing for a birds eye view of the Statue of Liberty, the newly refurbished Governors Island, Ellis Island and the Verrazano Bridge. Your helicopter will then continue up the Hudson River towards Midtown where you will see all of New York City’s most famous skyscrapers, including the Empire State Building and the Chrysler building, along with the USS Intrepid, Central Park, St. John the Devine Cathedral, Columbia University, George Washington Bridge and the Palisades of New Jersey.

Scenic Flight approx. 20 minutes

Helicopter Flight - The Big Apple (£ 119.00)

This very popular tour provides awe inspiring views of the Big Apple’s most iconic landmarks. As you soar above the famous Hudson River you will fly right by the magnificent Statue of Liberty in all of her glory. View Governors and Ellis Islands and see Manhattans Financial District before cruising past the cavernous landscape of the NYC skyline. Sights include the Empire State Building, Chrysler,Woolworth and Met Life Buildings and the USS Intrepid to mention a few. You will even catch a glimpse of the George Washington Bridge and the world renowned Central Park before heading back to the heliport.

Scenic Flight approx. 15 minutes

Hope that information helps,

Julia

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia

Has this tour been cleared to operate yet?

BB

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BB,

Not yet, but with 15 travellers booked across the main tour and add-on it's looking healthy.

Kindest regards

Julia

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia and fellow travellers.

Not too long to go now so I have started to plan what to do with the free time and add on days in New York. We will arrive in NY on Friday 3/10 and Saturday morning is the included tour.

I have booked the NY by night optional tour, is this scheduled for the Friday night as Saturday evening is the farewell get together? Also does this tour include going up the Empire State Building?

Do you know what is included on the morning tour of NY? I am interested in spending some time in Central Park and going to the Top of the Rock in the Rockefeller centre and would like to find time to fit in a show and some shopping, plus anything else there is time for!

When are the optional helicopter flights and circle cruise taken?

If anyone reading this is on the same trip or later (Cindy i know you are on this tour) and wants to self book a trip to Ellis island and The Statue of Liberty, Statue cruises are now taking reservations for October if you want to go up the statue. It was only $21 so I have booked for 10.00am on Monday 6/10 which is the first add on day.

Thanks BB

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Betty Boo,

Sorry for the delay - I was just getting a few things confirmed with my colleague....

Yes, the New York by Night escursion will be on the evening of Day 11 and yes, a trip up the Empire State Building is included.

The follow is the provisional itineray for your time in New York which includes rough information about the optional excursions will take place however these are subject to change and weather dependant:

Day 11

After the wonderful natural scenery of New England, it’s time to experience the wonders of New York, where you will stay for two nights. An irresistible, exciting, eclectic city, New York truly is a 24-hour city, with no shortage of things to do and places to see at any time of the day or night.

There’s a range of optional excursions available to help you get the most out of your time here - just talk to your Tour Manager, who will be able to give you plenty of advice if you haven’t already planned every minute of your time before leaving home!

Make the most of your stay in New York by joining our optional New York by Night excursion this evening.

Day 12

This morning join an included tour of New York City, which takes you from Broadway, Times Square and the Empire State Building to Greenwich Village, then Chinatown, the Bowery and Wall Street. The rest of the day is then free for you to continue your explorations.

Perhaps visit the enigmatic Statue of Liberty, head to Harlem, or even treat yourself to a helicopter ride over the famous skyline. For all you shopaholics out there, Fifth Avenue is the place to be, and when the hustle and bustle gets too much, slow the pace down with a leisurely Hansom cab ride through Central Park. In the evening, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants - from diners serving burgers to five-star restaurants, New York has it all.

This evening your Tour Manager will provide details regarding your return transfer.

Day 13

This morning is free in New York or why not take our optional cruise around Manhattan. Late afternoon you will transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK.

Hope that helps,

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BettyBoo' wrote:

Hello Julia and fellow travellers.

Not too long to go now so I have started to plan what to do with the free time and add on days in New York. We will arrive in NY on Friday 3/10 and Saturday morning is the included tour.

I have booked the NY by night optional tour, is this scheduled for the Friday night as Saturday evening is the farewell get together? Also does this tour include going up the Empire State Building?

Do you know what is included on the morning tour of NY? I am interested in spending some time in Central Park and going to the Top of the Rock in the Rockefeller centre and would like to find time to fit in a show and some shopping, plus anything else there is time for!

When are the optional helicopter flights and circle cruise taken?

If anyone reading this is on the same trip or later (Cindy i know you are on this tour) and wants to self book a trip to Ellis island and The Statue of Liberty, Statue cruises are now taking reservations for October if you want to go up the statue. It was only $21 so I have booked for 10.00am on Monday 6/10 which is the first add on day.

Thanks BB

Well done to you for getting organised my brains still in a whirl!!! Which website did you use to book for Ellis and Statue of Liberty?...

Still trying to work out what/ when/ and how I want to plan things. Really must try and form a plan of action....

Cindy

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the information Julia, that has helped a lot. Can you update on tour numbers please including the add on.

Cindy, I posted a reply re the statue cruise in the say hello section

BB

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not a problem!

There are 17 travellers in total, 7 taking the main tour only with 10 booked on the New York add-on.

Kindest regards,

Julia