JoyceW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, recently lost my husband but we always wanted to visit America's Golden West, do you think this will be suitable for me as my first singles holiday?? JoyceW.[/size][/font]
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce, this was my 2nd JY hol and 1st ever long haul tour! I thoroughly enjoyed it and met four lovely ladies that I still keep in touch with - we try to meet up once a year! It is a great tour, busy but not too hectic and you see some great sights, especially San Fr and I really enjoyed Vegas as well. It's a real fun tour, so I'd say it'd be great for your first JY tour. It is one of their most popular tours and some people have done it several times. Go for it!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome Joyce

Sorry to hear about the loss of your husbands, there are many people like you who find JY a great way to travel.

The American Golden West is a very popular tour, but not one that binnacle been on. I have been in 4 USA tours they can be quite full on, and can be many hotels along the way, but you do get to see so much along the way. I am sure you will be fine. I will be going in my 10th JY tour this year if you have any questions please just ask and I am sure someone will be able to answer them.

JY is a very safe way for ladies to travel.

Good Luck.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce,

I chose this holiday after losing my partner and never regretted it. I've since done 10JY hols and still consider Americas Golden West up there with the best of them.

Mick

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would add that if you really fancy this trip then go ahead and book it. I am sure you will have a great time and meet some wonderful people along the way.

Kind regards

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce- go for it!!!!

As Bob has said he has done the tour and had a great time. Loads of people are nervous the first time they go however all nerves disappear quickly when you see someone else with a JY tag!

People are all in the same boat- they are out to have a good time!

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
And dont forget to write your own review. It would be nice to see what you think!

Mark

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce, I haven't done this particular tour but I did do 2 tours of the USA with JY last year that cover some of Golden West itinerary. My first tour was the National Parks and Little Big Horn which included the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. There are no words to describe the Grand Canyon and no pictures can ever do it justice....you simply have to see and feel it. Las Vegas is great fun as long as you don't take it too seriously and the Stratosphere hotel is an amazing place to stay - the only hotel I've ever stayed in where you're given a map to find your way around. My second tour was 'Aloha Hawaii' which also included 2 nights in LA, although not at the hotel shown for the Golden West tour. I enjoyed LA - again good fun on the Hollywood part of the tour, especially if you enjoy the movies like me. So, in short, I think this will be a great tour to do especially considering the very positive comments from others who have actually done this holiday. I would like to do it sometime in the future, especially now that JY have added an extra day in SF, but I've got other places to see first!

Hope you take the plunge and book it.

All the best, Mike

JoyceW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies and feedback, I am certainly considering this holiday perhaps in Sept/Oct. I have travelled long haul before with my husband but this will be my first solo trip and I will feel nervous I expect but as you say once I meet my fellow travellers all will be fine.

Many thanks JoyceW

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce- thats thje spirit.

Also, if you look at the top of the forum there are a couple of threads from former newbies who were nervous at first but after having met fellow travellers, all nerves disappeared!

Have a read and see what you think.

All the best.

Mark

Janund
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JoyceW' wrote:

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies and feedback, I am certainly considering this holiday perhaps in Sept/Oct. I have travelled long haul before with my husband but this will be my first solo trip and I will feel nervous I expect but as you say once I meet my fellow travellers all will be fine.

Many thanks JoyceW

Hi Joyce,

I also lost my husband just under two years ago and went on my first just you holiday last year. I have booked to go on the Americas Golden west trip in Sept the itinery looks amazing and the reviews have been good. I am sure you will enjoy the holiday if you take the plunge, I am realy looking forward to it and like you a little nervous.

Janet

jackyhopley1
(Member)
hi joyce,so sorry for your loss.i lost my husband 4 years ago and have just plucked up the courage to book the golden west tour on 6th october but am so nervous.why not take the plunge/

jacky hopley