julie2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello. This is my 1st time on holiday alone. Ive picked Andalucia and leave on 20thMarch.

I would love to chat with anyone else going on this trip.

Its a scary thought holidaying alone ,but hopfully it will be fun as well.

look forward to hearing from fellow travellers soon

Julie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

You have picked a lovely destination for your first trip. You will love Andalucia. I went there in September 2010. Have a great time.

Jaya

julie2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Julie

You have picked a lovely destination for your first trip. You will love Andalucia. I went there in September 2010. Have a great time.

Jaya

thats reassuring to know ..any tips for 1st time lone travelling ?

Julie

Auntie D
(Member)
'julie2' wrote:

'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Julie

Jaya

Julie

Hiya Julie.

I quite a agree with Jaya. I was on this trip for Christmas and had a wonderful time. The hotel is super, the staff are most helpful and it's only about a 7 minute walk from the village of Mijas, which is quite delightful.

Tips for 1st time lone travelling ~~ when you arrive at the airport, look out for other travellers with JY luggage labels, introduce yourself and away you go.........

Enjoy your trip and I'll bet you won't be able to wait to get home to book your next one!!!

Denise

:thumbup::thumbup:

Peony
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

I am booked to go on the 20th March too. This will be my second holiday on my own; the first was last September and it went so well I couldn't wait to book another.

A

julie2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Auntie wrote:

'julie2' wrote:

'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Julie

Jaya

Julie

Hiya Julie.

I quite a agree with Jaya. I was on this trip for Christmas and had a wonderful time. The hotel is super, the staff are most helpful and it's only about a 7 minute walk from the village of Mijas, which is quite delightful.

Tips for 1st time lone travelling ~~ when you arrive at the airport, look out for other travellers with JY luggage labels, introduce yourself and away you go.........

Enjoy your trip and I'll bet you won't be able to wait to get home to book your next one!!!

Denise

:thumbup::thumbup:

hi Denise

thank you for the tip about the luggage labels .. it will give me something to focus on as Im sure I will be very nervous.

Iam looking forward to it and im sure I will book again.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

I agree with Denise re tips for first time lone travelling. Would add just be yourself and enjoy.

Jaya

gailtravels
(Member)
I think I might do this trip can someone please tell me if the flight times in the brochure are correct Gatwick out British Airways 1535hours and back 1450hours or have they been changed?
julie2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Peony' wrote:

Hi Julie

I am booked to go on the 20th March too. This will be my second holiday on my own; the first was last September and it went so well I couldn't wait to book another.

A

Hi A

its good to know Im not the only traveller on this trip!

It cant be that bad to go it alone as reading the threads lots have booked again and again, it does give reassurance for 1st timers like myself.

do you have any tips?

Julie

julie2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gailtravels' wrote:

I think I might do this trip can someone please tell me if the flight times in the brochure are correct Gatwick out British Airways 1535hours and back 1450hours or have they been changed?

Hi

i havnt had the tickets yet but its 0835 out from Gatwick and in at G 1450

Julie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Flight times are confirmed when you receive your final itinerary and tickets. I have been on 4 Just You holidays and the flight times were those mentioned in the brochure though sometimes they can change.

Jaya

Peony
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

A

Hi A

its good to know Im not the only traveller on this trip!

It cant be that bad to go it alone as reading the threads lots have booked again and again, it does give reassurance for 1st timers like myself.

do you have any tips?

Julie

Hi Julie

I believe there will be approx. 28 or so on this trip, so it should be a nice sociable holiday. My first holiday alone was last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was not just the destination but the friendliness of the others in the group. I am hoping this holiday will be just as good.

I look forward to meeting you.

A

gailtravels
(Member)
I am told there are 32 people booked on this trip so far so you are certainly not alone just lots of people do not go on the community in fact I have met lots of people who don't even know about it. Alot of people book from the brochure and don't even go on the website.