Rob.E
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I've booked Peru with the Amazon add on departing Manchester on 7 October 2014. This will be my first trip with Just You - actually my first solo trip.

Really looking forward to going to Peru, although not sure what to expect with a solo holiday.

I would love to hear from anyone planning the same trip.

Cheers

Rob

mick62
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi rob going on same trip but in april you will be fine remember everybody is solo obviously some people you will get on with better than others but everybody has always been friendly did china 2 years ago and Egypt last year already planning for Cambodia next year everybody gets on and from what ive heard from others the main reason for going to peru is machu but apparently the amazon is the highlight have a good time
AbbaDave
(Member)
hi Rob doing this tour in sept but with Travelsphere, really looking forward to it, the amazon will be amazing, sounds of the jungle and we'll be there, as mick says you'll always fall in with someone did Australia last year and liked everyone in the group but just seemed to hang out with some more than others, just the way it goes so you'll have plenty of company that's for sure

enjoy, dave

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Rob.E' wrote:

Hi,

I've booked Peru with the Amazon add on departing Manchester on 7 October 2014. This will be my first trip with Just You - actually my first solo trip.

Really looking forward to going to Peru, although not sure what to expect with a solo holiday.

I would love to hear from anyone planning the same trip.

Cheers

Rob

Hello

I am also doing this tour in September but with Travelsphere, in fact I am going on the same day as AbbaDave. I am not doing the Amazon extension though,purely because of personal circumstances.I feel certain that Dave and Mick are correct in saying that you will be fine and enjoy the holiday.

Since 2005 I have done about 12 Just You holidays and 6 Travelsphere holidays, albeit they have usually been with a friend. You may find after your Peru trip you could become addicted to JY as I rather think a great many people are---especially on this site, including me!!!

Everyone on the holiday, has been like minded in choosing the holiday so immediately you have something to chat about. People are invariably friendly.

Best wishes diane

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

hi Rob doing this tour in sept but with Travelsphere, really looking forward to it, the amazon will be amazing, sounds of the jungle and we'll be there, as mick says you'll always fall in with someone did Australia last year and liked everyone in the group but just seemed to hang out with some more than others, just the way it goes so you'll have plenty of company that's for sure

enjoy, dave

Hello Dave

Although I am not doing the Amazon extension unfortunately--will just be more than happy to get to Peru--I have just googled the Amazon lodge, wow, what an experience to stay there.

I understand from Travelsphere that the other single lady on our tour has got a regional flight so perhaps we will see her in Amsterdam. At least one couple have a regional flight, too.

Am looking forward to the holiday. As there is still 7 months before we go my daughter has told me to "park it" for a while, because I keep talking about it and wondering whether I will actually get there.

Hopefully see you at BHX

Best wishes

Diane

Rob.E
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, many thanks for the responses and all very positive. I'm really looking forward to seeing Peru, particularly Machu Picchu and the Amazon.

Mick, I was thinking of the Indochina trip this year but went for Peru, I'm currently looking at Indochina for next year, although the parks and monuments of America looks like a good trip.

Hope you all have a great time.

Cheers, Rob

AbbaDave
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

enjoy, dave

Hello Dave

Although I am not doing the Amazon extension unfortunately--will just be more than happy to get to Peru--I have just googled the Amazon lodge, wow, what an experience to stay there.

I understand from Travelsphere that the other single lady on our tour has got a regional flight so perhaps we will see her in Amsterdam. At least one couple have a regional flight, too.

Am looking forward to the holiday. As there is still 7 months before we go my daughter has told me to "park it" for a while, because I keep talking about it and wondering whether I will actually get there.

Hopefully see you at BHX

Best wishes

Diane

Hi Diane

That's good news there is at least three single travellers and another couple on regional flight hopefully BHX least we get a head start on LHR, it is difficult to not talk about your holiday as I found with Australia last year but it did creep up fast, eventually... wow do you really think the amazon lodge looks good I must look it up hope it's in a good location jungle wise with plenty of wildlife

Regards

Dave

mick62
  • (Member)
(Member)
thanks rob hope you do too but im sure you will dont know if you had the same reponse but all my mates at home say WHAT YOUR STAYING IN THE AMAZON ARE YOU NUTS but i reckon it will be fantastic
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I think you all are in for a treat. This is one holiday which is on my list. If I ever do the Peru trip I will definitely do the Amazon add on as well as it is an experience not to be missed though hope there are no snakes! Am not very keen on them.

Regards

Jaya

Gulzar
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I have just booked Peru with Amazon add-on for 7th Oct. This will be my first solo trip. I am very excited and pleased that I finally built up the courage to book the trip. However still a little nervous, I would like to say Hi to all.

Gulzar (female - thought I would say so due to unusual name)