Carmie M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm thinking of going to Jordan in the Autumn, but I am a little nervous about my safety/security given what's happening in the surrounding region.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done this trip before and if they can offer any re-assurance.

Looking forward to hearing from someone!

Carmie M

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Carmie,

I left your query for a couple of days to let someone who has done this trip respond.

I'm going with JY to Jordan in April. I can understand where your concerns are coming from but I personally are not concerned in the slightest.

In this region of the world Jordan is held to be one of the most stable countries. You see on the news them taking in people from Syria but we will not be anywhere close to the areas affected. I am also led to believe the people are most welcoming and with tourism taking a hit, they are only too glad to see you.

Recent reviews on Jordan on the forum say this is a wonderful trip - don't miss out if that's where you want to go.

Hope this helps.

Angie

Carmie M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Angie

Thanks for your response all I'm looking for is a little re-assurance I have been thinking of going for some time. It would be great to hear from you when you return from your trip in April

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Carmie

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Carmie and Angie,

My trip to Jordan in October 2010 included the Sinai and Cairo- 3 months before the Arab Spring. Loved Jordan- such a peaceful place. Egypt was Police who followed us everywhere. I know that they now have refugees from Syria, nowhere near where you go to. Closest to the border is Jerash which I believe is on the old Roman road to Damascus.

Lots of children selling chewing gum for 1 Jordan Dinar, pound or US dollar- cheaper on the US dollar!

Jan.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I went to Jordan in September 2009, my first trip with Just You, and found it to be a very safe place. There were a few people who wondered why I booked Jordan considering its location, but I had no concerns at all. I had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to go back again. You will love Jordan.

Jaya