Rosidah
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Has someone been on a luxurious cruise just you.

I am very nervous to travel on my own and specially going on a cruise.

Please let me have your thoughts. Cheers!!

grannyannie53
(Member)
'Rosidah' wrote:

Hi

Has someone been on a luxurious cruise just you.

I am very nervous to travel on my own and specially going on a cruise.

Please let me have your thoughts. Cheers!!

HI

I have done many cruises on my own with several of the bigger cruise lines and in my opinion it is the safest way to travel and see many places albeit only a shortish time in each port

Companies such as P & O have some shipd with single cabins and they will also arrange coffee mornings for solo travellers to attend if you wish. This is a great way to meet people as is the open sitting dining at breakfast and lunch. Dinner can be set sitting and they will usually seat solo travellers at the same table

I would strongly advise to give it a go and enjoy

Regards

Anne

Julian
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would love to do a cruise but I'm just the same ,too nervous on my own ,I'm new to this today ! Would love to hear from those who have done it . love sue XX
Joan Smith
(Member)
'Julian' wrote:

I would love to do a cruise but I'm just the same ,too nervous on my own ,I'm new to this today ! Would love to hear from those who have done it . love sue XX

Like you, would love to do a cruise,with JY or other options.Let me know if you have booked.

Joan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All,

Yesterday, a member was asking about some last minute cruises that had been offered by one of our sister companies with a 0% single supplement.

Swan Hellenic and Voyages of Discovery are both part of the All Leisure Holidays Group which also includes Travelsphere and Just You. They have various offers throughout the year (sometimes with 0% single supplement) which we don't always promote to our Just You customers.

If cruising is something that you are considering, it might be worth signing up to receive their newsletters which can be done here.

Swan Hellenic

https://www.swanhellenic.com/newsletter.html 

Voyages of Discovery

https://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/newsletter.php 

Kindest regards,

Julia

mags5
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia, It was me who had enquired about cruising and thanks again for info. Would be just great if JY could do a cruise/cruises as I'm sure MANY of us would be very interested. I'm a comparatively new member and have done my first JY holiday to Cilento and will certainly be booking again very soon as I was so impressed with the whole experience. Any chance whatsoever????

Thanks, Mags

'Julia' wrote:

Hi All,

Yesterday, a member was asking about some last minute cruises that had been offered by one of our sister companies with a 0% single supplement.

Swan Hellenic and Voyages of Discovery are both part of the All Leisure Holidays Group which also includes Travelsphere and Just You. They have various offers throughout the year (sometimes with 0% single supplement) which we don't always promote to our Just You customers.

If cruising is something that you are considering, it might be worth signing up to receive their newsletters which can be done here.

Swan Hellenic

https://www.swanhellenic.com/newsletter.html 

Voyages of Discovery

https://www.voyagesofdiscovery.co.uk/newsletter.php 

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mags (and others)

A lot of ships don't like to offer too many cabins as single occupancy - we have offered the occasional cruise in the past when we have been allocated a number of cabins knowing that our customers would be interested.

The Just You Brand Manager is fighting for you all - I understand she is constantly pestering our sister brands for an allocation of cabins on our ships and she has confirmed to me today that she's not giving up either!

Kindest regards,

Julia

mags5
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Mags (and others)

A lot of ships don't like to offer too many cabins as single occupancy - we have offered the occasional cruise in the past when we have been allocated a number of cabins knowing that our customers would be interested.

The Just You Brand Manager is fighting for you all - I understand she is constantly pestering our sister brands for an allocation of cabins on our ships and she has confirmed to me today that she's not giving up either!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Many thanks - fingers crossed!

Mags5