wales150
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi everybody i am traveling on sept 9 and i am nervous about the whole thing especially the prospect of not being able to find the group in denver can anybody give me some information

thanks a very new newbie

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi newbie

If your travelling with the main group you will be fine as you will be together. Don't worry you won't get lost.

have a great time

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this tour in Sept last year and it is fantastic! Don't worry when you get to check in you will most probably meet the JY tour manager and some of your fellow travellers. If not, keep an eye out for the luggage labels on people's bags and go and introduce yourself. You will definitely meet some of the group at the departure gate - you might even be sitting next to someone from the group on the flight. The TM will tell you where to meet in Denver airport - usually beside the baggage carousel, so don't worry you will have no problems. This is one of JY's best tours - even when the US govt shut down last year, the TM was able to revamp the tour to make it memorable for those on that particular date. So you will have a brilliant time and take 100s of fantastic photos. One lady who was on my tour loved it so much she is going again this year!

All the best,

Bob

PS any questions you have about the tour, just ask!

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
This trip is on my short list for September - having a look at the many reviews it looks amazing. As Bob says, there are many opportunities for you to locate your fellow travellers once you arrive at the airport. Make sure your JY luggage label is on your hand luggage and someone is bound to approach you. Some of the trips have access to an airport lounge before the flight which increases your chances. Once you arrive at your destination you will find everyone starts to congregate at the carousel as their luggage comes off and then finally once you go through customs the local tour guide will have a JY or Travelsphere sign held up. There's always the chance that others on the trip will see your post and you can arrange to meet somewhere before the flight.

One question for Bob - what temperatures did you have last year. Is it tshirts or long sleeves and jackets?

Sally

wales150
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Hi newbie

If your travelling with the main group you will be fine as you will be together. Don't worry you won't get lost.

have a great time

Cindy

thanks cindy ill try not to worry

wales 150

wales150
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi I did this tour in Sept last year and it is fantastic! Don't worry when you get to check in you will most probably meet the JY tour manager and some of your fellow travellers. If not, keep an eye out for the luggage labels on people's bags and go and introduce yourself. You will definitely meet some of the group at the departure gate - you might even be sitting next to someone from the group on the flight. The TM will tell you where to meet in Denver airport - usually beside the baggage carousel, so don't worry you will have no problems. This is one of JY's best tours - even when the US govt shut down last year, the TM was able to revamp the tour to make it memorable for those on that particular date. So you will have a brilliant time and take 100s of fantastic photos. One lady who was on my tour loved it so much she is going again this year!

All the best,

Bob

PS any questions you have about the tour, just ask!

thanks for the advice Bob probably the photos will run into the thousands

wales150

wales150
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sallyc' wrote:

This trip is on my short list for September - having a look at the many reviews it looks amazing. As Bob says, there are many opportunities for you to locate your fellow travellers once you arrive at the airport. Make sure your JY luggage label is on your hand luggage and someone is bound to approach you. Some of the trips have access to an airport lounge before the flight which increases your chances. Once you arrive at your destination you will find everyone starts to congregate at the carousel as their luggage comes off and then finally once you go through customs the local tour guide will have a JY or Travelsphere sign held up. There's always the chance that others on the trip will see your post and you can arrange to meet somewhere before the flight.

One question for Bob - what temperatures did you have last year. Is it tshirts or long sleeves and jackets?

Sally

sally thanks for the info its put my worries to rest now i can look forward to having good holiday wales150

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Sally

Hi Sally, temperatures varied a lot on this tour. It was mild and rainy when we arrived in Denver (just avoided the flooding), cold and wet at Yellowstone (but still got amazing photos - and you're 10,000ft up so not surprising), hot and sunny at Salt Lake, Arches,Monument Valley and Grand Canyon, cold but dry at Bryce and mild at Zion. Bring a decent fleece/jacket, a couple of long sleeve tops/trousers and a good assortment of short sleeve/shorts and you should be fine!

Cheers,

Bob

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
i was on the trip just after Bob at end of september and the snow was following us and parts of Yellowstone were closed a couple of days after we visited.

Monument valley was 80f day each side of our visit but freezing for us, of course we expected it hot and even the locals were laughing at us doing the jeep ride in shorts and fleece.

Endacksi@aol.com
(Member)
There is no need to worry. I did this trip last year and loved it so much I am going again this year with my sister. I was also a bit scared about meeting up at Denver as I was on my own but it is not a problem. It is a small area once you clear immigration,look for the "Just You" Labels on suitcases. We all met up after there. It's impossible to go wrong. Look forward to a wonderful trip and stop worrying.