mogwilover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I thought I had posted on Friday, but the message has never appeared, :huh: maybe because it needed moderating or maybe because I pressed the wrong button. So here goes again.

I am a newbie to just you, in my 60s - who travelled under my own steam to New Zealand for 5 weeks earlier this year and decided single travel wasn't so bad. I went on loads of trips during the day and met interesting people, it was just the evenings which could be a bit lonely - as I rented a flat and there was little company around. In the end I managed to book on a 2 week coach trip with a lot of very friendly and noisy Aussies and had a whale of a time.

So I have decided to give single travel another go by taking the holiday to Andalucia for Christmas, this time in the company of other single travellors. I will be flying out from Manchester on the very early morning flight. I gather most people travel via Gatwick - so will not meet many others until they get to the hotel in Andalucia.

Looking at past messages I gather there are some who have been on this Christmas holiday in the past. So I was wondering if it is usually cold there and if I should buy some thermal underwear!! Also do people dress up a lot in the evenings or are most people casual in dress.

I am really looking forward to my first Christmas away. Thanks for any advice received :thumbup:

stu151
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Good to see your message.

I'm on the same holiday, but flying from Bristol.

There is another posting about this holiday, on this forum, see :-

www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-58916.html

From other JY holidays I've been on "smart casual" is normal for evening meals, although often people dress up a more on Christmas Day. Just do what you feel comfortable with.

I would hope it's reasonably warm, like a UK summer.

There will always be a delay before your posts appears, because the forum is moderated, and posts have to be cleared to cut out spam etc. This is normally only a few hours, but is longer at weekends, as Julia needs some time off !

Look forward to meeting you.

Stuart

Auntie D
(Member)
'mogwilover' wrote:

Hi, I thought I had posted on Friday, but the message has never appeared, :huh: maybe because it needed moderating or maybe because I pressed the wrong button. So here goes again.

I am a newbie to just you, in my 60s - who travelled under my own steam to New Zealand for 5 weeks earlier this year and decided single travel wasn't so bad. I went on loads of trips during the day and met interesting people, it was just the evenings which could be a bit lonely - as I rented a flat and there was little company around. In the end I managed to book on a 2 week coach trip with a lot of very friendly and noisy Aussies and had a whale of a time.

So I have decided to give single travel another go by taking the holiday to Andalucia for Christmas, this time in the company of other single travellors. I will be flying out from Manchester on the very early morning flight. I gather most people travel via Gatwick - so will not meet many others until they get to the hotel in Andalucia.

Looking at past messages I gather there are some who have been on this Christmas holiday in the past. So I was wondering if it is usually cold there and if I should buy some thermal underwear!! Also do people dress up a lot in the evenings or are most people casual in dress.

I am really looking forward to my first Christmas away. Thanks for any advice received :thumbup:

Morning Mogwilover.

I'm booked on the Andalucía Christmas trip and really looking forward to it. I will be on the EARLY Manchester flight, so hope to meet up with you at the Airport.

Not too sure about the weather, although I do have a few feelers out with a friend who lives in Nerja (not too far away) and hope to get some feedback soon. Will let you know as soon as I do.

I was on the Lake Como Christmas trip last year ~~ people tended to "dress up" a little for Christmas Day, i.e. sparkly tops or dresses but the remainder of the time it was usually smart casual. Would imagine the same applies anywhere.

Anything else I can help with, please just ask.

See you soon!!!!!

Denise

:thumbup:

stu151
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Denise/Mogwilover

I have to admit that until I saw you mention a "very early flight" from Manchester, it hadn't sunk in that people on this holiday were on various flights, and thus would arrive at different times.

My flight from Bristol leaves at 0630 and arrives in Malaga at 1010 (based on the provisional times), what time does your flight leave/arrive ?

Hopefully they are all similar (and on time) otherwise I suspect we could be spending some time at Malaga airport waiting for other flights to arrive !

Stuart

putnoe1
(Member)
hi i was ther 2years ago weather on new year day was 68 deg
mogwilover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for the replies.

Stuart - the flight from Manchester leaves at 06.35 and arrives at Malaga at 10.30, so very close to the time you arrive. By the time everyone clears customs etc I shouldn't think there will be too long a wait.

Denise - I look forward to seeing you at Manchester airport. I will be arriving around 2.30am anyway, as I am travelling from Shrewsbury on the train and that is the closest time I can get there. So I will be sleeping/resting on the seating in the waiting area for a couple of hours, along with a few cups of coffee.

Putnoe1 - thank you, that sounds quite warm, better than what is predicted in the UK anyway.

Liz :thumbup:

stu151
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Liz

Thanks, I'm glad the flights are that close together

Look forward to meeting up with you at Malaga airport.

Stuart

Debbie12
(Member)
Hello, looking forward to meeting you in Andalucia, this will be my first JY Christmas holiday and I say wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Debbie

Auntie D
(Member)
'Debbie12' wrote:

Hello, looking forward to meeting you in Andalucia, this will be my first JY Christmas holiday and I say wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Debbie

Hello fellow travellers,

I've just heard from my friends in Nerja re weather.

"It can be sunny in the day but once the sun goes down it can be cold, so bring a light coat or a cardigan".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Denise

:):):)