Kezzer46
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to David, Mick, Bob and Olive for their fantastic holiday reviews on National Parks, Mount Rushmore & Little Big Horn. I had been struggling to decide what I wanted to do next year, and your reviews and enthusiasm (some even in the face of disaster) helped me make up my mind that this is the holiday for me next year.

I've now raided my piggy bank, broken the bad news to my boss that I WILL be on holiday for 3 weeks next year and made my booking.

So thanks again for taking the time to write such honest and comprehensive reviews - they really helped.

Kezzer

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Kezzer,

You need to start making plans here is some restaurant tips -

1. Salt Lake City if you like Chinese food (yes a few of us did Chinese in America) a place called PF Changs about too blocks from the hotel was fantastic.

Also just past the chinese at the next street corner was an Italian called Macaronis which was very good, lot of our group went to a different Italian which was also good but had a long wait, 10 of us enjoyed Macaronis.

2. In Sheridan there is a very good restaurant walkable from the hotel called "Rib & chop houe".

3. Cody, Cassies I thinks its called was good fun, food was ok but worth the visit for the live music (country) even if its not your taste. Its walkable but the hotel will provide free shuttle, we rode down but walked back.

4. Page, Went to a place at top of hill which again had live music and good food, was good but canr remember what it was called, its past the steak house and turn left as i can remember (tour manager pointed it out), walkable but best in taxi.

Mick

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kezzer,

Many thanks for your kind words and I'm delighted that you have booked this fantastic holiday! Just to add to what Mick said, we also went to Macaroni's in Salt Lake, excellent food. In Jackson we went to the Million Dollar Steakhouse, again excellent but expensive.

You will take so many incredible photos on this tour - if you don't have a good camera I suggest you smash the piggy bank completely and splash out if you can! I've had a lot of fun showing family and friends my photos (I printed out the best 100 or so) and I am sure you will have a brilliant holiday. There is such an amazing contrast between the different parks, you will be awestruck!

If you can do a couple of flights, I'd recommend them in this order: 1) Grand Canyon helicopter 2) Monument Valley flight 3) Bryce Canyon flight and 4) Rainbow Bridge. If you're doing the Bryce flight, I don't think there's much point in doing the Rainbow Bridge one as well.

Any questions, ask away!

Cheers,

Bob