A.White
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I wasn't sure who to contact about this, but hope that the moderators of the forum will be able to copy it to the right people.

I just want to say how impressed I am with the service I have had over the past few days. I was booked to go on the Kenya tour on the 8th of May. Unfortunately, that tour had to be cancelled (through no fault of Just You - just sheer bad luck!) A representative was on the phone to me, very apologetic (and I unfortunately didn't get her name, but she was wonderful) and offered me three choices - move the holiday, choose any other holiday or full refund. Unfortunately, my dates off are set once they are booked in at work, so I couldn't change those, and there were no other holidays that I particularly wanted to go on that left during those dates. So, on Thursday I rang back and requested a refund. I got back from seeing my grandma this weekend to find a very nicely-worded letter waiting for me, along with the cheque for the full amount.

There is no-one to blame for the cancellation, and nothing that could be done - and I will certainly be using this company again, hopefully in the near future.

As for this year, it's not a total loss - by sheer luck, I was told about the cancellation this week, which just so happens to be my week off. So I spent Thursday hunting for a new holiday..... and I'm heading off to Rome (solo, not as a tour) for 5 days instead!

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

Thanks very much for getting in touch. I am sorry that you had to cancel your tour and hope that you find a suitable alternative soon. We do appreciate your kind comments and glad that you are happy with the resolution, I will forward your comments onto our contact centre team leaders, if you would like to send me your booking reference to btaylor@justyou.co.uk I will be able find out who spoke with you and ensure they receive your comments.

Kindest and all the best,

Ben

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I must say a few years ago when JY cancelled the Australia tour I was going on with 6 weeks to go I could not move my dates at all. There was no problem a cheque was sent to me promptley and I re booked another way.

Cindy

A.White
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks, Ben, I've emailed that to you now.

'Ben' wrote:

Good morning,

Thanks very much for getting in touch. I am sorry that you had to cancel your tour and hope that you find a suitable alternative soon. We do appreciate your kind comments and glad that you are happy with the resolution, I will forward your comments onto our contact centre team leaders, if you would like to send me your booking reference to btaylor@justyou.co.uk I will be able find out who spoke with you and ensure they receive your comments.

Kindest and all the best,

Ben