(Member) (Topic Starter)
Are thee any 60 something ladies who would recommend travelling with a group
sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'patread' wrote:

Hi,

I do not qualify as 60 something, I am more than that and am about to go on my 2nd JY holiday. From the moment you get to check in and meet up with other group members you are not alone, unless you want to be.

It is a very safe way to travel. The JY Tour Manager will always be on hand to help and advise, and you are sure to meet others who will be happy to chat.

Read through the forum posts to get an idea of what others think.

Find somewhere you would like to go and just book it.

A word of caution, when you have been on one you will be looking for another. JY is addictive!!

Regards

Sylvia

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
They'll be plenty in that age range on any holiday you choose, the vast majority of travellers i would say are in their 50's & 60's.
anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi there,

I'm early 60's but still very young at heart and I would thoroughly recommend JY for travelling with. I'm about to go on my 3rd holiday next month to New England and Canada. 2 years ago I did Canada and Alaska, and Greece with them, and both holidays were fantastic, so just go for it and I can guarantee you won't regret it

Best wishes

Anne

brownowl
(Member)
'patread' wrote:

I agree with Sylvia. I have been on quite a few of these holidays, and am off to India in October, and would highly recommend them. It is a very safe way to travel solo, and you can be with the group if you wish, or not if you want your own company. The choice is yours. As Sylvia says, the only drawback is that these hlodays are addictive. As soon as I have returned from one, I book another. I am always trawling through the brochures. Go on, chooose a holiday you fancy, and book it, you will not regret it and wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Have fun. X:D

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi and welcome

I am not in the 60's I am in the 50's andI have been on 9 JY tours all have been great. At 60's you will find many travellers in that bracket, so don't worry. Just find a holiday you would like to go in and he. BOOK IT...these are very safe holidays, and as Sylvia has said they are addictive.....

If I can help,with anything just ask.

Happy travelling

Cindy

Auntie D
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Hi and welcome

I am not in the 60's I am in the 50's andI have been on 9 JY tours all have been great. At 60's you will find many travellers in that bracket, so don't worry. Just find a holiday you would like to go in and he. BOOK IT...these are very safe holidays, and as Sylvia has said they are addictive.....

If I can help,with anything just ask.

Happy travelling

Cindy

Hi Patread,

Welcome to JY. I thoroughly agree with all the other replies on this posting.

The only problem with a JY holiday is deciding WHICH ONE to choose!!

No matter which one you do choose, you will be well looked after from the time you fly to your arrival airport until you land at your home airport.

You'll have a great time, meet lots of new friends and see some new sights.

Yes ~~ it is very addictive. You'll see.

Good luck, happy travelling.

Denise.

;);):thumbup:

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello,

I am 56 and just about to go on my 3rd and 4th holidays next month. Switzerland and Austria plus Scotland 2 weeks later. I had a great time on my last 2 trips. Age does not matter, as long as you keep up :)

Jan

valerie lund
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello,

I am 56 and just about to go on my 3rd and 4th holidays next month. Switzerland and Austria plus Scotland 2 weeks later. I had a great time on my last 2 trips. Age does not matter, as long as you keep up :)

Jan

I fall into this age category and have been on 2 JY holidays, S.Africa last Xmas and Italy in June. Now looking forward to Xmas in Marrakesh. The age range on both holidays was majority 50 and 60s. On the Italian trip quite a few in 70s and one gentleman of 85! As everyone else has says its a great way to holiday. Good luck !

patread
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you to everyone who replied, i was widowed last November and have many friends, but thought i would try and do something different myself and also make new friends , i might look a short break first.