Marjac
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going to SA with the Zambia add on on the 2nd Sept I am a little confused with currency in Zambia can anyone advise me if US dollars are accepted for optional excursions and spending money or do I have to change them into Kwacha at the airport Thanks
sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Don't worry about currency in Zambia - the hotel has a bank on site which is open every day and can change dollars and Rand. This was one of the best trips I have ever done, particularly the Zambia part. Have a great trip.

Sally

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Marjac' wrote:

I am going to SA with the Zambia add on on the 2nd Sept I am a little confused with currency in Zambia can anyone advise me if US dollars are accepted for optional excursions and spending money or do I have to change them into Kwacha at the airport Thanks

Hi,

I did this trip 2 years ago, and can thoroughly recommend all the excursions, especially the day trip to Botswana - teaming with wildlife! Have a fantastic time.

Hils

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I agree with Hils, I did this tour two years ago (not the same time as her) and although S Africa was brilliant, the Zambia add-on was the icing on the cake, just wonderful from start to finish. Be sure to do the longer helicopter flight over the Falls (or the microlite if you're feeling very brave) and the Botswana day trip to Chobe was fantastic. The five course gourmet meal on the Royal Livingstone Express steam train was also a great experience as was the Zambezi sunset cruise - the Zambia add-on was the best few days of my life!!

Cheers,

Bob