janib
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have just booked a second holiday to follow Heart of Alpine Europe. Return 24th September then off again on 6th October. I think I must be mad, but this was the only date for this trip. Due to my bucket list, Scotland, Eilean Donan, Kyle of Lochalsh and Loch Ness- so many firsts crossed off my list. Can't wait. Any one else going and where from? Looking at an overnight coach from Fareham in Hampshire to Inverness, 15 hours. It is a shame that I will not see most of Scotland due to the darkness. :thumbup:

Jan.

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Have just booked a second holiday to follow Heart of Alpine Europe. Return 24th September then off again on 6th October. I think I must be mad, but this was the only date for this trip. Due to my bucket list, Scotland, Eilean Donan, Kyle of Lochalsh and Loch Ness- so many firsts crossed off my list. Can't wait. Any one else going and where from? Looking at an overnight coach from Fareham in Hampshire to Inverness, 15 hours. It is a shame that I will not see most of Scotland due to the darkness. :thumbup:

Jan.

Hi Jan,

Unless your overnight journey goes through Glasgow and Fort William to get to Inverness you will not miss too much of Scotland. Going up the east side is OK via Edinburgh to Inverness is OK, especially if you haven't been before, but definitely West is Best - I know, I live here.

However, I have just looked at the itinerary for this, and it is just fantastic. If the weather is good you will have a most spectacular journey.

Fingers crossed for you.

Regards

Sylvia

janib
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for your great information. The coach goes via Lockerbie, Glasgow, Stirling, Perth, Pitlochry and Aviemore. We get into Lockerbie at 05.55 so hoping it will be getting light by then :)

My return trip is 21.00 so I have all day to roam around Inverness without the added problem of having to be at an airport 3 hours early !

One of the reasons why I am doing this trip- the itinerary is just too great to miss. Most of Scotland on my list. I will just have to do Edinburgh another day :P

Jan.