Brenda W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm new to this computing lark, so please bear with me!!!. I am curious to know how many people will be doing the add-on to the tour arranged for 9th October 2013, and if possible how many have decided to upgrade to executive deck. Looking forward to holiday, it can't come fast enough for me.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Brenda W,

At the moment there are 23 booked on the add-on part of the China tour for this date with just one place remaining.

Nineteen of those booked have opted to upgrade their cabin.

I'm sure the time will fly between now and when you depart - I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Kaate
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Brenda, I am going on this tour. It will be first time for me with JY. Really looking forward to it and to meeting new people. I have upgraded to executive deck mainly because it offered free tea, coffee, soft drinks through out the day. I have since read a report that it was also much calmer in the upgrade restaurant at main meal times. I look forward to meeting you. Kate
Brenda W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Julia and Kaate for your quick response to my queries. Your info is really appreciated. Extra tea during the day is always welcome. I travelled with JY to Thailand in 2011 and had a wonderful holiday, everyone was so friendly, so if this trip is as good I shall be very pleased. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Brenda
Mike21
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Brenda:

I shall be there, too, on 9 October and like Kate [#3], this’ll be my first time with JustYou, jumping in at the deep-end with such an adventurous and energetic choice of holiday with them.

I am one of the 24 to have added on the Yangste cruise as I gather from posts elsewhere, that at my age, I shall need the relaxing break just to get over the main holiday before the long 12-hours flight home!

I have also booked the upgrade to the Executive Deck. Goodness me; as have 82% of those booked. And there was me, thinking I’d be looking down on the rest of you! 🙂

I look forward to meeting up with you and Kate and the others. Still seems such a long way off but it’lll come round soon enough, the ay time flies nowadays.

Best regards,

Mike

karensymonds
(Member)
First time for me too, booked yangtze add on & upgraded cabin. Look forward to meeting you all. Karen
sue ann
(Member)
'Brenda wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this computing lark, so please bear with me!!!. I am curious to know how many people will be doing the add-on to the tour arranged for 9th October 2013, and if possible how many have decided to upgrade to executive deck. Looking forward to holiday, it can't come fast enough for me.

Hi there, I just booked the same trip!!!! I got the add on trip up the yangtse and booked the upgrade too, it seems that people who have been before recommend it. besides this is such a big trip it seems to beg for the very best. Look forward to seeing you. I'm just Sue by the way but that name was already taken.

sue ann
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Brenda W,

At the moment there are 23 booked on the add-on part of the China tour for this date with just one place remaining.

Nineteen of those booked have opted to upgrade their cabin.

I'm sure the time will fly between now and when you depart - I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Ha ha looks like I got the last place then !!!! So looking forward to meeting you all.

sue ann
(Member)
Hi there I'm Sue and a newbie to Just You too. Also jumping in with both feet, it sounds such a massive holiday, 7 flights in all for heavens sake!! Also doing the Yangtze with (hopefully) an upgrade, its still to be confirmed. I'm so excited I want to pack already!!
sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sue wrote:

Hi there I'm Sue and a newbie to Just You too. Also jumping in with both feet, it sounds such a massive holiday, 7 flights in all for heavens sake!! Also doing the Yangtze with (hopefully) an upgrade, its still to be confirmed. I'm so excited I want to pack already!!

99 days my phone countdown says, the way this year is going, it won't be long before we do have to park.

Just to let you know, I am the train driver, I believe you are the signaller and one other who is going was connected to the railway. So we will be having a busmans holiday on the high speed train.

sue ann
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

'sue wrote:

99 days my phone countdown says, the way this year is going, it won't be long before we do have to park.

Just to let you know, I am the train driver, I believe you are the signaller and one other who is going was connected to the railway. So we will be having a busmans holiday on the high speed train.

Oh great, sorry didn't read things correctly, I see where I went wrong...lol it will be nice to have someone with something in common hey? I wonder if the high speed train will be the bullet train, I saw one in NRM at York, it would be so exciting.

sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sue wrote:

'sim1' wrote:

'sue wrote:

Oh great, sorry didn't read things correctly, I see where I went wrong...lol it will be nice to have someone with something in common hey? I wonder if the high speed train will be the bullet train, I saw one in NRM at York, it would be so exciting.

And I never checked my spelling, park instead of pack.

They will have to seperate us you know what signallers and drivers are like, always blaming the other:)

sue ann
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

'sue wrote:

'sim1' wrote:

'sue wrote:

And I never checked my spelling, park instead of pack.

They will have to seperate us you know what signallers and drivers are like, always blaming the other:)

[/qu

Oh no probs here we all get along. We all have a living to earn hey? But it will be lovely to meet other rail people what ever they do. And on the same trip too!! I got the countdown app now and I'm becoming a right bore talking about the trip. It seems a neighbour of mine just came back from China last month and a friend from the transport museum where I volunteer is going to be in Beijing and Shanghai about the same time as us. Such a coincidence I wonder if we will run into each other?

sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Oh no probs here we all get along. We all have a living to earn hey? But it will be lovely to meet other rail people what ever they do. And on the same trip too!! I got the countdown app now and I'm becoming a right bore talking about the trip. It seems a neighbour of mine just came back from China last month and a friend from the transport museum where I volunteer is going to be in Beijing and Shanghai about the same time as us. Such a coincidence I wonder if we will run into each other?

Which network to you signal, I am down south on

southwestern trains, as we are now.

92 days, blimey this year is whizzing past or is it because we have something to aim for.

See you soon.

sue ann
(Member)
Is anyone on this thread on facebook too? Its a good way to get to know each other a bit before we go.
sue ann
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

Which network to you signal, I am down south on

southwestern trains, as we are now.

92 days, blimey this year is whizzing past or is it because we have something to aim for.

See you soon.

Yes it is lovely to have something to aim for. Diet started and been shopping already - love it. And I'm at oulton broad swing bridge, on the edge of Lowestoft, the bridge carries the Lowestoft to Ipswich line over lake lothing, its lovely here in the summer, busy though.

sue ann
(Member)
I have just finalised travel arrangements for Gatwick and I wondered if anyone else is staying overnight at the Gatwick Airport Central on the 8th? getting close now hey - had my jabs this week.:D
sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sue wrote:

I have just finalised travel arrangements for Gatwick and I wondered if anyone else is staying overnight at the Gatwick Airport Central on the 8th? getting close now hey - had my jabs this week.:D

Days are shooting by, won't be long before I will have to pack, unpack, weigh the bag, unload the kitchen sink and pack again:)

I am 45 minutes from Gatwick so just deciding whether to risk a train

or park the car for 17 days, decisions decisions, see you soon.

sue ann
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

'sue wrote:

Days are shooting by, won't be long before I will have to pack, unpack, weigh the bag, unload the kitchen sink and pack again:)

I am 45 minutes from Gatwick so just deciding whether to risk a train

or park the car for 17 days, decisions decisions, see you soon.

I decided that it just wasn't worth the risk so travelling down the night before and staying at Gatwick central travel lodge for £35 B&B. coming by train though.

karensymonds
(Member)
I too am travelling down the day before as flying from Newquay in Cornwall but I've booked the Premier Inn at Gatwick.

Hopefully, visas etc will be here in time!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Karen