janib
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have just booked this tour for 18th September. Had thought of Route 66 or Classic Italy and then saw this. 3 countries that I have yet to visit and another new airport to add to my growing list. Anyone been on this tour of Alpine Europe and good or bad recommendations or warnings?

Thank you, Jan. 🙂

RogertheRed
(Member)
Good tour with plenty to see. Very relaxed with no early starts. Hotel food a bit plain. I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday.
michael1
(Member)
Hello Jan

This was my first JY holiday a couple of years ago and I agree with Roger. All five days feature a day long tour but no early starts! The hotel also put on entertainment every night - everyone has different tastes of course but in my view some nights were better than others! If however it's not to your taste Feldkirk town centre is approx a 15 min taxi journey away. I ventured out with some of the others a couple of nights, the atmosphere in the town bars was relaxed and pleasant. I'd suggest the optional extra of a cable car ride up the mountain is well worthwhile (about €16 I think) - our group had a snowball fight at the very top!

Hope you have a great time.

Michael.

janib
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Roger and Mike. I have just looked at the hotel on Trip Advisor- so many mixed reviews. Shall find out when I get there. Jan.
whitty
  • (Member)
(Member)
did this trip in may this year had a great time,cannot fault the hotel found the staff to be very friendly and did their jobs well,very scenic so take your camera,the hotel entertaiment was interesting but you can always go to the bar and try the cocktalis instead,the only thing our group could not do was the cable car ride has the weather was not nice.

it is a very enjoyable and relaxing trip.

andy

janib
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Andy,

I know about weather, missed the ending of the Deep South with Thomas Cook when Hurricane Ike went into the Gulf instead of up the Eastern seaboard. I also missed seeing Russia and the Northern Lights when we went to Lapland and there was a snowstorm. Only saw the Lights because the pilot flew around to find some for us. 😛

Ashleybrown
(Newbie)
 If you've just booked a tour for Alpine Europe on September 18th and you're wondering about other people's experiences, here's what you can do. Ask around for recommendations or warnings from anyone who's been on this tour before. They might have helpful tips about what to expect or things to watch out for. Since you mentioned adding a new airport to your list, you might want to check how the airport transfer  works at each stop on your tour to make things smoother. Enjoy your trip!

Â