0413ever
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi - is there anyone out there booked for China on 18/09/2013?

If so please say Hello...

Look forward to meeting you and hearing from you :)

Jools x

Cheryl1
(Member)
Hi Jools

Hope you have a great time and please leave a report and guidence after your holiday as I am doing this trip in April. Are you doing the cruise as well?

Cheryl

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jools

I'm booked on the the 18th Sept China trip with the cruise add on. I have also booked the 2 pre-bookable excursions.

Have just received the visa stuff and will be sending it off in the next few days.

Peter

Jilly Windy Miller
(Member)
'0413ever' wrote:

Jools x

Hello, I am booked on this trip also, look forward to meeting you. Jill:

0413ever
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Cheryl1' wrote:

Hi Jools

Hope you have a great time and please leave a report and guidence after your holiday as I am doing this trip in April. Are you doing the cruise as well?

Cheryl

Yes I have upgraded for this...will post a review afterwards!

Cheers

J

0413ever
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PeterG' wrote:

Hi Jools

I'm booked on the the 18th Sept China trip with the cruise add on. I have also booked the 2 pre-bookable excursions.

Have just received the visa stuff and will be sending it off in the next few days.

Peter

Thanks Peter - what 2 excursions are they? I did not book direct with Just You and have not been told about any of the excursions.

Cheers J

0413ever
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jilly wrote:

'0413ever' wrote:

Jools x

Hi Jill - are you doing the cruise add on as well?

Have you booked any excursions like Peters reply? If so what?

Have you or are you having any jabs?

Cheers

Julie

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jools

The two excursions I have booked are Shanghai by Night and the Tang Dynasty Show.

There's also Xian by Night but that's not pre bookable.

Peter

Jilly Windy Miller
(Member)
'0413ever' wrote:

'Jilly wrote:

'0413ever' wrote:

Jools x

Hi Jill - are you doing the cruise add on as well?

Have you booked any excursions like Peters reply? If so what?

Have you or are you having any jabs?

Cheers

Julie

Hi Julie,

No, I'm not doing the cruise add on, funds couldn't quite stretch that far. I've booked one excursion, the Shanghai by night one. Going to just have Hep A jabs next week as they seem to be the only ones necessary for where we are going but even they are only advisory according to the very comprehensive sheet the nurse at our practice printed off for me. Hope we'll have good time, from the reviews it sounds fantastic. Jill

vickyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
'0413ever' wrote:

Jools x

Hi All,

Yes, I'm booked on the same trip and can't wait. It's been booked since last October so I've had a long time to get excited about it! :D

I've also booked the two pre-bookable trips and the Yangzte cruise, which I'm now wondering about the upgrade as everyone who has done that highly recommends it....

Vicky

PaulineD
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

I did the trip in May (without the cruise). If you any questions please don't be afraid to ask and I will try to answer them as best as I can!!

PaulineD

Jilly Windy Miller
(Member)
'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I did the trip in May (without the cruise). If you any questions please don't be afraid to ask and I will try to answer them as best as I can!!

PaulineD

Hello there, thanks for letting us ask questions about the trip to China which I'm booked on for 18th September and really looking forward to but could you please let me know how Air China fare compared to British carriers? I'm a bit concerned about the internal flights as well as the main flights to and from China. For example, do the crew speak English, is there any form of entertainment on the long haul part and what is the food like? Many thanks for your help. Jill

PaulineD
(Member)
'Jilly wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Everyone,

PaulineD

Hello there, thanks for letting us ask questions about the trip to China which I'm booked on for 18th September and really looking forward to but could you please let me know how Air China fare compared to British carriers? I'm a bit concerned about the internal flights as well as the main flights to and from China. For example, do the crew speak English, is there any form of entertainment on the long haul part and what is the food like? Many thanks for your help. Jill

Hi Jill,

I'm not a hardened 'flyer' and China was my first long haul flight!! so I will try to answer as best I can!! The crews do speak english although I think maybe some spoke it better than others but you could get them to understand if there was anything you needed. There is an inflight entertainment system on the flight out and back but as I had never flown long haul before it took me quite a while and a bit of pestering of Julie another 'Just Youer' sitting next to me to get it working but found it easier on the way back!! There is a selection of films and various other things to keep you amused. The internal flights are only, on average a couple of hours long and by the time they had served some food it soon passed. With regards to the food I am diabetic and had something a little bit different to the others but, although it wasn't the Ritz, it was sufficient. Apparently there were snacks on offer for free at the back of the plane but I was only told this when I got off the plane in China. They did come round with water every now and then and other drinks less frequently.

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate if you have any other questions!!

PaulineD

Jilly Windy Miller
(Member)
'PaulineD' wrote:

'Jilly wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Everyone,

PaulineD

Hi Jill,

I'm not a hardened 'flyer' and China was my first long haul flight!! so I will try to answer as best I can!! The crews do speak english although I think maybe some spoke it better than others but you could get them to understand if there was anything you needed. There is an inflight entertainment system on the flight out and back but as I had never flown long haul before it took me quite a while and a bit of pestering of Julie another 'Just Youer' sitting next to me to get it working but found it easier on the way back!! There is a selection of films and various other things to keep you amused. The internal flights are only, on average a couple of hours long and by the time they had served some food it soon passed. With regards to the food I am diabetic and had something a little bit different to the others but, although it wasn't the Ritz, it was sufficient. Apparently there were snacks on offer for free at the back of the plane but I was only told this when I got off the plane in China. They did come round with water every now and then and other drinks less frequently.

PaulineD

Hello, Thank you so much for the info, it helps a great deal. Did you enjoy your trip to China?

PaulineD
(Member)
'Jilly wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

'Jilly wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Everyone,

PaulineD

Hi Jill,

PaulineD

Hello, Thank you so much for the info, it helps a great deal. Did you enjoy your trip to China?

Hi Jill,

I had a fantastic time!! I wanted to do something different and memorable to celebrate my 60th birthday and I thought what better way than to land in Beijing on birthday!! It was a very 'busy' holiday with some early starts which you appreciated when you were coming back from sightseeing when the crowds were just starting to arrive. I think the highlight for me was the Panda Sanctuary. i would recommend the 2 optional trips of Shang Hai by night and the Tang Dynasty show. Don't hesitate to ask me anything at all!!

I'm sure you will love it.

PaulineD