Chris southampton
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can anyone suggest a short holiday in Europe for a 63 year old who has never travelled alone and is very nervous about taking that first step.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Chris

Welcome to you, when you travel with JY you are in very safe hands, people really do get on with each other very quickly with all the age range, you really do not have anything to worry about.

I have been on many holidays with JY the short haul ones have been.

Austrian Lakes, this is really a very nice holiday to do, a nice hotel and trips out well worth thinking about. I did post a review in the review section.

Tuscany Highlights, again a nice hotel the rooms do vary in size, good trips out and the hotel is near a nice village to walk to and sit and drink or indulge in the ice cream, a really nice tour. I did post a review.

Poland and Tatra Mountains, I don't think this is on offer now, but it was a really nice scenic tour.

Have a look in the brochures or on line and see what you like the look of, I am sure there is something for you out there. have fun, if I can help with anything just ask.

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chris

How about Andalucia or Costa de la Luz? I have been to both destinations and they both are wonderful.

Jaya

Angela Bingham
(Member)
'Chris wrote:

Can anyone suggest a short holiday in Europe for a 63 year old who has never travelled alone and is very nervous about taking that first step.

Hi Chris welcome to JY. I went on my first JY holiday last June to Apulia, it was brilliant, lovely hotel with great food and a huge swimming pool. trips were good and my travelling companions very friendly. I have met up with some of them since our hols as we got on so well. You will have a great time wherever you choose to go.

Kind regards

Ange

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
My first trip was Jordan, Sinai and Cairo- 2 weeks of great fun. We are looked after so well that you forget that you are on your own. There is always someone who wants to visit the local town- I took 4 others to the Hard Rock cafe in Cairo where we had a great lunch then walked across the Nile back to our hotel- 3 months later came the Arab Spring and Tahrir Square vandalised where we had stood that morning visiting the Egyptian Museum .

I would certainly not go on the Istanbul trip at the moment with the unrest that is going on. I was looking at the Classic Italy, and now found the The Heart of Alpine Europe. Had thought of Route 66 but do not have the right amount of holidays.

Have fun deciding where you want to go, Jan.