orphelia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I am going to South Africa in September and was wondering what sort of clothes to take. Has anyone got some advice regarding this? This is my first time travelling alone and I don't want to take lots of inappropriate clothes that stay in the case. What is best to take? Any advice from people who have already been around this time would be great:D
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Orphilia

I have not been in this tour, but I have been in 8 JY tour ith my 9th leaving next week, and YES I have travelled all around the world.

Unless you are visiting some where posh on the tour then I would say smart casual is the way to go, and comfy shoes along the way as well. Clothes that you can layer on and off work for me.

Check with hotel websites to see whats on offer re, hair dryers and irons, tea/coffee facility's to save packing everything. Most hotels nowadays have toiletries as well which saves on the weight allowance.

Have fun on the tour

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Orphelia,

I did this tour in Sept 11 - the weather ranged from high teens/low 20s in Cape Town to low 30s elsewhere. If you're doing the Zambia add-on it was mid to high 30s there. Nowhere formal on the tour - if you're doing the Livingstone Express train dinner in Zambia, people did dress up a bit but not too much. As Cindy says casual and maybe smart casual for the evenings. During the day, t-shirts and shorts are the order of the day. For safari, wear beige/brown if you don't want to stand out but the animals are fairly human tolerant in any case. Bring DEET for Kruger (and Zambia if you're doing it) and malaria tablets - start the day before Kruger. Any other info, don't be afraid to ask. My best holiday ever, make sure you have a decent camera!

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Orphelia

Do post a review of the holiday on your return as I am very interested in doing this within the next couple of years. I intend to do the Zambia add on as well.

Have a wonderful time.

Jaya