Clairevt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Is anybody going on the Canadian Rockies trip on 10th Sept? I've booked and would love to chat before we go. This is my first JY holiday and I'm really excited, I've always wanted to go to Canada,

I've read all of the positive comments on here about the holidays but I still can't help feeling a bit nervous! :exclamation:

Claire

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Claire

I am not on this holiday, but this is on my list of destinations to visit in the future. There is no need to be nervous when travelling with Just You. You will be looked after from start to finish. I have been on 4 Just You holidays and each one has been wonderful. I am sure you are going to have a wondeful time and you have also picked a great destination.

Jaya

SylviaJ
(Member)
'Clairevt' wrote:

Hi

Is anybody going on the Canadian Rockies trip on 10th Sept? I've booked and would love to chat before we go. This is my first JY holiday and I'm really excited, I've always wanted to go to Canada,

I've read all of the positive comments on here about the holidays but I still can't help feeling a bit nervous! :exclamation:

Claire

Hi Claire

I've booked this trip and have been on many JY and other holidays. We all feel nervous on our first trip alone but you'll soon settle in and wonder why. You'll also become addicted to travelling!!

Regards

Sylvia

Janetm
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Clairevt' wrote:

Hi

Claire

Hi Claire

I have just booked this holiday, having had a super time with JY in Tuscany last month.

Look forward to meeting you

Janet

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

'Clairevt' wrote:

Hi

Claire

Hi Claire

I've booked this trip and have been on many JY and other holidays. We all feel nervous on our first trip alone but you'll soon settle in and wonder why. You'll also become addicted to travelling!!

Regards

Sylvia

Hello Sylvia and Claire

Also on this trip and looking forward to the holiday and meeting everyone. Have been on one Jut You holiday before, but it was to Luxembourg, so this is a bit different because of the distance.

See you in September.

Kind regards

Ann

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all and thank you for your responses. I keep telling myself everything will be fine and I'll enjoy it. I've always wanted to go to Canada and I'm going there now!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all. It's probably a really stupid question, but how do you know where to meet at the airport and how do you recognise other JY travellers without accosting total strangers ... 🙂

Claire

PaulineD
(Member)
'Clairevt' wrote:

Hello all and thank you for your responses. I keep telling myself everything will be fine and I'll enjoy it. I've always wanted to go to Canada and I'm going there now!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all. It's probably a really stupid question, but how do you know where to meet at the airport and how do you recognise other JY travellers without accosting total strangers ... :-)

Claire

Hi Claire,

You will have no trouble recognising people at the airport 'cos they will all have the Blue and White Just You labels on their bags.

You will also get to know people on this forum as the time gets nearer to your holiday. I think you will find other people on the same trip as you will start postings like meeting up at the airport and how thery are getting there etc.

I am sure you will be fine and thougroughly enjoy yourself.

PaulineD

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
When you get to the airport (making sure you are at the right terminal), Claire, there should be a board telling you which area (A, B, C etc) the desks of your airline are in. If not, just ask one of the airport staff who will be around. When you get to the right area (or sometimes even before) you should find someone holding a "Just You" board - this may be a rep of Just You or Page & Moy, or your Tour Manager if he/she is going out on the same flight. They will tick you off their list and point you in the right direction.

As to how do you recognise other JY travellers - just look out for the luggage labels on their bags - bright turquoise background with white "Just You"! You will find others peering closely at one another's bags too, so don't feel awkward about it. Once you have spotted the right label, go up to its owner, smile and say "are you going to ...?". By the time you get on the plane you will have made contact with at least some of the rest of your group.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Ann

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Claire,

I started to reply but it disappeared so if this comes through twice, I apologise.

Looking forward to meeting you and our fellow travellers. I'm sure the time is going to fly by and we will soon be on our way. I'm planning to get to the airport about 2pm so hope to meet up with you then. Think I'm right in saying that there will be a company rep at the airport to help us out and make sure we are ok. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

If you want to chat about anything then that would be great, I'll look out for messages from you.

Look forward to seeing you on 10th September!

Kind regards

Ann

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Janetm' wrote:

'Clairevt' wrote:

Hi

Claire

Hi Claire

I have just booked this holiday, having had a super time with JY in Tuscany last month.

Look forward to meeting you

Janet

Hello Janet,

Pleased to hear you've booked. Looking forward to meeeting you in September. Pleased to hear that you had a lovely holiday in Tuscany.

Kind regards

Ann

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi To all who replied to my question regarding how to recognise you all at the airport.

Thank you everyone, I really look forward to meeting you all and will be looking out for the turquoise luggage labels !!

:-)

Claire

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Claire and all,

Three months to go and I think it's going to go very quickly. I too am looking forward to meeting you all and will be looking out for the turquoise luggage labels.

See you in September.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello all,

Just wondering what optional tours our fellow travellers are booking. I have booked Lake Louise and the Jasper nature walk and will book the Athabasca Glacier and possibly the Banff Gondola and Vancouver North Shore.

It would be good to hear from you.

Kind regards

Ann

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

I will probably try to do as many, or all, of the excursions, but will turn to this after my trip to Italy tomorrow!

Regards

Sylvia

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi All

I will probably try to do as many, or all, of the excursions, but will turn to this after my trip to Italy tomorrow!

Regards

Sylvia

Lucky you Syliva!

Have a lovely time in Italy.

Kind regards

Ann

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi all you folks that are going to Canada in September! I did this tour 2 years ago and it was absolutely brilliant - one excursion you should really thing about is the helicopter ride over the Rockies as it was so beautiful to see the mountains from a different angle.

Hope you don't mind me posting this! The white water rafter was really good fun too!

Anne

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI All

I've booked on the Lake Louise trip and I really like the sound of the helicopter ride though I'm scared of heights...!! Should be fun :-)

Anybody else going to book this?

Claire

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Anne,

Certainly don't mind at all, it's good to get feedback! I will try to pluck up the courage to do the flight over the Rockies as it will probably be my only chance to do it. I've booked the nature walk and wasn't sure if it would clash with the white water rafter but if it doesn't I think I'll book it. Looks like I'll book the lot then!

Thanks again Anne.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Clairevt' wrote:

HI All

I've booked on the Lake Louise trip and I really like the sound of the helicopter ride though I'm scared of heights...!! Should be fun :-)

Anybody else going to book this?

Claire

Hello Claire, perhaps we should go for it and we can give each other moral support!

Kind regards

Ann

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've just got back from Canada this morning and am reading through the posts that came in while I was away.

The helicopter flight was beautiful and not at all scary - each one takes 5 passengers and the views over the Rockies were marvellous. I was very firm before I went that I would NOT do the rafting but Brian, our Tour Manager (who, by the way, you will almost certainly be having in September), described it as "rafting for softies", not "white water", and on the basis that I'd never done anything dangerous in my life so far I signed up for it. It was great fun, if a little damp around the nether regions at times, and apart from a sore arm where I clung onto the side rope for dear life while my fellow passengers seemed to sit nonchalently) I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the rest of us. It didn't clash with the nature walk because we went rafting in the afternoon and walked in the evening. The only excursion I didn't do was to the Columbia Ice Field - I walked on a glacier some years ago and hated the feeling - but the ones who did go seemed to have had a good time.

One tip - take good walking shoes. One of our party only had a pair of flipflops and a pair of flat leather-soled shoes, neither of which gave a good grip, which you do need on the various walks along canyons, to lakes, etc.

Have a lovely time.

Ann