Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ann, sounds like you had a lovely holiday and thanks very much for the information about the trips, very helpful. Might just have to take the flight and quite possibly the rafting as well (like you, my thoughts are that I will NOT do the rafting) as it sounds good fun). Thanks also for the advise regarding shoes.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Ann

Clairevt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ann wrote:

'Clairevt' wrote:

HI All

I've booked on the Lake Louise trip and I really like the sound of the helicopter ride though I'm scared of heights...!! Should be fun :-)

Anybody else going to book this?

Claire

Hello Claire, perhaps we should go for it and we can give each other moral support!

Kind regards

Ann

Definitely! Looking forward to it Ann

Claire :thumbup:

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AnnF' wrote:

I've just got back from Canada this morning and am reading through the posts that came in while I was away.

The helicopter flight was beautiful and not at all scary - each one takes 5 passengers and the views over the Rockies were marvellous. I was very firm before I went that I would NOT do the rafting but Brian, our Tour Manager (who, by the way, you will almost certainly be having in September), described it as "rafting for softies", not "white water", and on the basis that I'd never done anything dangerous in my life so far I signed up for it. It was great fun, if a little damp around the nether regions at times, and apart from a sore arm where I clung onto the side rope for dear life while my fellow passengers seemed to sit nonchalently) I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the rest of us. It didn't clash with the nature walk because we went rafting in the afternoon and walked in the evening. The only excursion I didn't do was to the Columbia Ice Field - I walked on a glacier some years ago and hated the feeling - but the ones who did go seemed to have had a good time.

One tip - take good walking shoes. One of our party only had a pair of flipflops and a pair of flat leather-soled shoes, neither of which gave a good grip, which you do need on the various walks along canyons, to lakes, etc.

Have a lovely time.

Ann

Thanks for the advise Ann. Much appreciated!

Claire

Sue Southampton
(Member)
'Clairevt' wrote:

Hi

Is anybody going on the Canadian Rockies trip on 10th Sept? I've booked and would love to chat before we go. This is my first JY holiday and I'm really excited, I've always wanted to go to Canada,

I've read all of the positive comments on here about the holidays but I still can't help feeling a bit nervous! :exclamation:

Claire

Hi

You will have a great time. I did the June trip and the scenery is fantastic. We were so lucky with the weather which helped and did the helicopter trip which is a must. It is a very fast moving holiday

sandrabradley
(Member)
Hi, I am also a new member doing the Canadian Rockies on 10 Sept. Is anyone else connecting from Manchester? Would also like some feedback on what to take clothes wise?? am really looking forward to it though a little nervous, can't believe it's only 3 weeks till we go. Look forward to meeting you all.

Sandra

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Sandra (and other fellow travellers to the Rockies)

I live local to Heathrow, so direct from there for me.

As regards clothing, I've been following the weather for Vancouver and Calgary and currently the forecast predicts a high of 24 and low of 11 for Vancouver and Calgary has 26 and 9, so this suggests layers with a warm/waterproof jacket and of course sensible footwear.

One of my fellow commuters is from Vancouver and says the weather should be warm but could be a bit nippy first thing and at night.

Hope this helps. See you soon.

Sylvia

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi there,

I did this trip 2 years ago and we were really lucky with the weather - beautiful sunny weather during the day, but could get chilly towards evening. Most of the time we were very casually dressed for comfort and just some smart casual for night time - there didn't seem to be any need to get really dressed up for evening meals as they were mostly of casual nature anyway. So, I would say dress in layers and you should be fine. Vancouver is the most expensive part of the holiday as the tax laws are greater there, but it's a lovely city and the trip to Vancouver Island is great!

Have a great trip - it's a really brilliant holiday

Anne

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sandrabradley' wrote:

Hi, I am also a new member doing the Canadian Rockies on 10 Sept. Is anyone else connecting from Manchester? Would also like some feedback on what to take clothes wise?? am really looking forward to it though a little nervous, can't believe it's only 3 weeks till we go. Look forward to meeting you all.

Sandra

hello Sandra,

Not travelling from Manchester but I'm also on this tour and wanted to say hello. Like you, I can't believe it is only 3 weeks till we go - I booked back in March and thought it would never arrive then .. This is my first long haul trip with Just You, but went on a trip to Luxembourg with them in 2010.

Regarding clothing, I'm going to take layers for the top, mixture of jeans and linen trousers and as I'm doing the nature walk I've got a good (I hope) pair of walking shoes.

Looking forward to meeting you and our fellow travellers - looks like we've almost got a full compliment. See you when we get there!

Kind regards

Ann

sandrabradley
(Member)
'Ann wrote:

'sandrabradley' wrote:

Sandra

hello Sandra,

Not travelling from Manchester but I'm also on this tour and wanted to say hello. Like you, I can't believe it is only 3 weeks till we go - I booked back in March and thought it would never arrive then .. This is my first long haul trip with Just You, but went on a trip to Luxembourg with them in 2010.

Regarding clothing, I'm going to take layers for the top, mixture of jeans and linen trousers and as I'm doing the nature walk I've got a good (I hope) pair of walking shoes.

Looking forward to meeting you and our fellow travellers - looks like we've almost got a full compliment. See you when we get there!

Kind regards

Ann

Hi all,

thanks for your replies, confirmed what I was thinking, layers. Looking forward to meeting you all and having a great time.

Sandra

Lisa Marie
(Member)
Hello everyone. I've just joined the forum. I'm booked to go on the Vancouver and Rockies trip this Sept. Its my first solo holiday, although I have travelled alone to Australia (have friends out there I stayed with). I've never been to Canada before and I'm very excited. Looking forward to travelling with you! :blush:
Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lisa wrote:

Hello everyone. I've just joined the forum. I'm booked to go on the Vancouver and Rockies trip this Sept. Its my first solo holiday, although I have travelled alone to Australia (have friends out there I stayed with). I've never been to Canada before and I'm very excited. Looking forward to travelling with you! :blush:

Hello Lisa Marie,

Pleased to hear from another fellow traveller. It's not long to go now so look forward to meeting you and our fellow travellers then, I think that it will be fantastic trip.

Kind regards

Ann

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sandra, Ann and everyone who's going on this holiday.

I can't believe it - we're going in a few days!!! How exciting :)

Can't wait to meet you all and I'm sure we're going to have a fabulous time.

See you all soon :thumbup:

Claire

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dear Claire and all,

One week to go! I went shopping for last minute bits yesterday and did quite well. Never sure if I have enough/too much or the right mix, so fingers crossed!

Not sure if it is the done thing to change for the evening, but I don't think I'm going to have enough to do this every day and wondered what you thought of this.

You're right Claire, it is very exciting and we'll have a wonderful holiday.

See you next week. Planning to get to the airport around 2-2.30.

Kind regards

Ann

Lesley33
(Member)
'Ann wrote:

'Lisa wrote:

Hello Lisa Marie,

Pleased to hear from another fellow traveller. It's not long to go now so look forward to meeting you and our fellow travellers then, I think that it will be fantastic trip.

Kind regards

Ann

Hi Lisa Marie,

I'm also on the Sep 10th trip, so look forward to meeting you and everyone else. This is my first JY long haul holiday, but I have done a couple of European ones which have been fantastic. Judging by others who have done this trip, we are going to have a great time in Canada, and it sounds like we have a good Tour Manager.

See you soon

Lesley

Lisa Marie
(Member)
Thanks for the welcomes. Can't believe we will be at the airport this time next week! Ann, I'm taking a couple of dressier bits for evenings, but not something for every eve. Are most people planning on doing most of the optional excursions? I'm hoping to do all but a couple. Weather is looking pretty good over there at the moment. See you next week!!

Lisa x

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lisa wrote:

Thanks for the welcomes. Can't believe we will be at the airport this time next week! Ann, I'm taking a couple of dressier bits for evenings, but not something for every eve. Are most people planning on doing most of the optional excursions? I'm hoping to do all but a couple. Weather is looking pretty good over there at the moment. See you next week!!

Lisa x

Thanks Lisa, that a great help. Think I'll take a dress for the welcome dinner and I've got some linen trousers as well. I think I will be doing most of the trips, already booked Lake Louise and the Nature Walk. Have read that the Helicoptor ride is a must and the rafting is fun. Also doing the glacier ride. Let's hope the weather stays good. I haven't planned for rain ...

See you on Tuesday!

Ann x