David G
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi this will be my first holiday with Just For You. I was thinking of going on the classic cities of Italy in September.Is Sept. a good month to go?Anyone else going in September .
SheilaO
(Member)
'David wrote:

Hi this will be my first holiday with Just For You. I was thinking of going on the classic cities of Italy in September.Is Sept. a good month to go?Anyone else going in September .

Hello David

I have booked this holiday for September, it's my first holiday with Just You as well,looking forward to it. I'm sure September is a good a time as any. All the reviews and comments I have looked at seem very positive.

Sheila

gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
'David wrote:

Hi, I asked this question too but mine is not on the community board yet.

Have you booked? I wondered if May might be better.

This will be my first holiday with JustYou too. I will you be flying from Gatwick? It is a early flight and I may have to come a day earlier and stay at a hotel. Has anyone done this?

lsally67
(Member)
'gblady' wrote:

'David wrote:

Hi, I asked this question too but mine is not on the community board yet.

Have you booked? I wondered if May might be better.

This will be my first holiday with JustYou too. I will you be flying from Gatwick? It is a early flight and I may have to come a day earlier and stay at a hotel. Has anyone done this?

Hi David I am going in 3 weeks time getting excited now, as I am travelling from Cornwall I have booked into the travel lodge at gatwick airport for £22 a night and also doing the same on my return for just £17 a night I understand that there is a bus that will take you to the airport every half hour seemed to good an offer to miss and can arrive relaxed

Hope this helps

Sally

lsally67
(Member)
'David wrote:

Hi David

Just got back from Italy it was amazing a lot of walking so be prepared sensible shoes advisable don't opt for the sandwich which is on offer after you have been to Pisa it is a total rip off go down town to a cafe

Other than that enjoy I'm sure you will I have already booked for my next trip

Sally

loopilil
(Member)
Hi,

I did the Classic Italian Cities tour in September a couple of years ago & had an amazing time. This was my first JY holiday but people were friendly and the tour guide really helpful. I am not one for extreme heat & thought September would be safe enough but it was 35 degrees most days and the heat and crowds in the cities was awful. I went through a full can of water spray you buy in a can but for people who dont mind heat it is fine. Just be prepared that it can be hot even at that timeof year. It is constant on the go and early starts but worth every second. I would do it again tomorrow (but am planning somewhere different this time). I will return.

;)

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'David wrote:

Hi David, Congratulations on your first rip. I did the Italy trip September last year. Loved it if I remember we were a group of under 30. With a wide range of young 30's to young 80's. Lots to see and with lots of walking good footwear is a must. Only probs we had was the hotel food no the best. Try as many types of ice cream, pasta, pizza as you can WE DID. Enjoy from Shelly 1

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi David,

I'm booked on this trip in September as my first JY Holiday and when I checked earlier this week there were around 24 people already booked on this holiday. Some of the optional excursions look great too. The only thing I'm worried about is how much money to bring!!

I'm booked into the Premier Inn at the North Terminal which includes my parking for the week which was very reasonably priced. And the North terminal is opposite the hotel so you cant get better than that.

Kezzer

Kezzer