madwife
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Would like to hear from anyone going on this trip. Thinking of leaving from Manchester but as it means two overnight stays as I have to fly to the mainland from the Isle of Man I may just go via Heathrow. Look forward to hearing from fellow travellers.
richardian
(Member)
'madwife' wrote:

Would like to hear from anyone going on this trip. Thinking of leaving from Manchester but as it means two overnight stays as I have to fly to the mainland from the Isle of Man I may just go via Heathrow. Look forward to hearing from fellow travellers.

Good morning madwife.

If you fly from Manchester, you'll have two nights in Lima, whereas if you fly from London, you'll only have one night!!

The flight from Manchester via Amsterdam, commences @ 5:55 am; I'm considering hireing a taxi to take me there & set off after midnight.

I'll offset this cost to some extent by saving on overnigh stay in an hotel & travelling there, either by public transport or by driving & parking.

I'm only the 2nd person so far, to book this tour on May 28th.

Regards,

Richard.

madwife
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'richardian' wrote:

'madwife' wrote:

Good morning madwife.

If you fly from Manchester, you'll have two nights in Lima, whereas if you fly from London, you'll only have one night!!

The flight from Manchester via Amsterdam, commences @ 5:55 am; I'm considering hireing a taxi to take me there & set off after midnight.

I'll offset this cost to some extent by saving on overnigh stay in an hotel & travelling there, either by public transport or by driving & parking.

I'm only the 2nd person so far, to book this tour on May 28th.

Regards,

Richard.

[/quot

madwife
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Richard. I'm not sure if this trip will go ahead as there is only 3 of us so far. I think they will let us know before the final payment so I think I will have a reserve holiday just in case.
Yve
  • (Member)
(Member)
'madwife' wrote:

Hi

I did this trip last October and flew from Bristol via Amsterdam. It's a very long day travelling there and having 2 nights to recover before flying up to Cusco and dealing with the altitude, I found to be of benefit. In fact there were only 2 of us on the whole trip who took the local option.

Yve

richardian
(Member)
Hello madwife.

The landlady of my local, said that people maybe waiting to book from Feb onwards, because of Xmas/Jan expenditure. But like you I may have to reorganise my tours. JY will let me no before the March payment deadline.

Regards,

Richard.

richardian
(Member)
Hello madwife.

JY'll let me know before the March payment deadline. Post Xmas, bookings may pick up.

Regards,

Richard.

richardian
(Member)
Good morning madwife.

Now that we've cleared the Xmas period & January, maybe more people will decide to book this particular Peru tour.

Otherwise like you I'll have to change my dates. I had planned to book later, the Inspirational China tour sometime in August or September; maybe I'll have to swop them around.

Regards,

Richard.

richardian
(Member)
Good evening madwife.

Unfortunately the Peru tour has been cancelled due to too few bookings.

So I've opted for Inspiational China on a similar date; a tour that I'd planned later in the year.

Furthermore I've booked a tour to Peru @ the end of August through Travelsphere; there are three other singles on this tour.

Regards,

Richard.