Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

I am thinking of booking a trip to Apulia.

Has anyone done this trip?

Do you have any info regarding best time to go and what the hotel is like etc

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone happy travelling in 2013:thumbup:

Regards Julie

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this trip in 2011 and absolutely loved it - I'm going back this year, probably the one at the end of July.

The hotel was really good, with an awesome barman who made amazing G&Ts and Singapore Slings!! My room was cleaned every day, food was perfectly acceptable, but not amazing.

The pool was great, and the little village round the hotel was good to explore. It's not a chocolate box village, but it has a nice, safe feel. There's a great general shop which serves amazing espressos at a Euro a shot, and a quirky church. Some nights a few of us visited local bars, so different from the drinking culture in the UK! Loads of young families around quite late in the day.

The excursions are as good as the brochure claims. Lecce's mad take on Baroque has to be seen to be believed!

Please ask if you want me to ramble on about it any more!

JR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Hello

Regards Julie

Hi, I did this trip 2 years ago,it was lovely.The hotel was great,my room even had a garden!Nowhere to go out to in the evening but that didn't matter as there's a great terrace overlooking the pool & grounds.Very relaxing to sit there with a drink & chat to new companions.

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you so much for all your comments I will definately book it. Sounds wonderful.
Angela Bingham
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Thank you so much for all your comments I will definately book it. Sounds wonderful.

Hi Julia.

I went to Apulia last year, my first single holiday and first with JY. I had a great time! It was very hot so the lovely big pool at the hotel was very welcome. The hotel will rent out swimming towels so no need to take one. Hotel is great, and for me as a vegetarian, the food was eceptionally good and plentiful. I met some lovely people and out guide Martes was just lovely! I know you will have a wonderful holiday. Ange.

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Ange

I am definately booking this trip just need to decide when. All the feedback sounds good:thumbup:

madwife
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Hello

Regards Julie

Hi Julia. This holiday looks lovely and I was thinking of going myself. When are you going? Anne

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

I have booked Apulia, at last. I am going the 13th May

Really looking forward to going it sounds a great holiday.

Warm regards Julie