shyanne
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I was told this week that there have been significant changes to the flights for the holiday I booked to Calabria, Italy next July. Monarch have pulled out of the route to a local airport and now the holiday flies to Naples, a 4 1/2 hour transfer to the hotel - a bit much for a weeks holiday! JY are offering a reduction in the overall price to reflect this inconvenience which is a nice thought but unfortunately I cannot make the changed flight times anyway. The flight now leaves at 8.30am meaning I would have to leave Manchester the night before but as I am at work on that day, I would not be able to catch a plane to Heathrow and then a coach to Gatwick (as the direct Manchester/Gatwick flight has also been withdrawn) so I have no way of getting to Gatwick to catch the flight.

Seems as if all the changes that have been made by BA and Monarch have thwarted my chance of a JY holiday this year and I think I will have to contact them tomorrow to ask for my deposit back and try to find another singles holiday - the pains of being a teacher and restricted to August dates!!!!

I guess it will be a few years until I can go on another JY holiday, I will have to wait until I retire I think.

A very upset Anne

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anne

So sorry to hear about your holiday. This is not really good especially if you were looking forward to the holiday. I do hope you find an alternative.

Merry Christmas.

Jaya

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
As a fellow teacher, I feel your pain! I fancied this holiday, but knowing of Monarch's reputation, I decided against it!

Have you considered Apulia? I had a triffic time there in 2011 and am very likely to return this Summer. It's a lovely, largely undiscovered area of Italy, with great trips. I fell in love with Apulia!

I would also recommend the Austrian Lakes holiday which has an August date. Very restful and breathtaking scenery!

Having decided against a JY holiday this Summer (because of the limited choice and 2 family weddings), I really felt the loss of it all this term! So mya advice is to try and grab a holiday - and I'm not on commission!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry to hear about your holiday, I to have been on the Austrian Lakes tour and agree its a very nice tour.

I hope you can sort something out.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Sorry to hear about your holiday, I to have been on the Austrian Lakes tour and agree its a very nice tour.

I hope you can sort something out.

Cindy

Sorry to hear about this. I was considering this one but would defintely not do it now. 4 and a half hours from Naples is I think a VERY conservative estimate!

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'shyanne' wrote:

I was told this week that there have been significant changes to the flights for the holiday I booked to Calabria, Italy next July. Monarch have pulled out of the route to a local airport and now the holiday flies to Naples, a 4 1/2 hour transfer to the hotel - a bit much for a weeks holiday! JY are offering a reduction in the overall price to reflect this inconvenience which is a nice thought but unfortunately I cannot make the changed flight times anyway. The flight now leaves at 8.30am meaning I would have to leave Manchester the night before but as I am at work on that day, I would not be able to catch a plane to Heathrow and then a coach to Gatwick (as the direct Manchester/Gatwick flight has also been withdrawn) so I have no way of getting to Gatwick to catch the flight.

Seems as if all the changes that have been made by BA and Monarch have thwarted my chance of a JY holiday this year and I think I will have to contact them tomorrow to ask for my deposit back and try to find another singles holiday - the pains of being a teacher and restricted to August dates!!!!

I guess it will be a few years until I can go on another JY holiday, I will have to wait until I retire I think.

A very upset Anne

Hello there Anne

I am sorry that you have lost out on your holiday. I know from previous posts that you were looking forward to it. I was thinking of this holiday but will be thinking again due to the transfer time. I hope that you find something to suit. Best wishes Mel

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi anne,

I understand completely.

I am training to be a Radiographer and spend all the summer holidays in the hospital so i have only about six weeks when i can go on holiday, meaning that a lot of holidays are off limits unless i go with Travelsphere.

Mark