richardian
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've booked this tour to Peru & am flying from Manchester airport.

This'll be my first trip to South America, but my 7th tour with justyou.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who'll be travelling on this tour, especially someone who'll also be flying from Manchester.

Regards,

Richard.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Richard

I am not going on this tour, but it is on my list of destinations to visit. I was thinking of going next year, but have put it on hold for the time being. It would be great if you could post a review on your return. I am sure you will have a great time as I have heard it is a wonderful place to visit.

Regards

Jaya

richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Richard

I am not going on this tour, but it is on my list of destinations to visit. I was thinking of going next year, but have put it on hold for the time being. It would be great if you could post a review on your return. I am sure you will have a great time as I have heard it is a wonderful place to visit.

Regards

Jaya

Good morning Jaya.

I do hope that I'll be able to provide you with a good review.

I'm flying with KLM from Manchester (5.55am take-off, Tues.), via Amsterdam to Lima, this means that I'll have two nights in Lima instead of one, had I flown from the London area.

Regards,

Richard.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
You are lucky to spend two nights in Lima and will be well rested before those flying out from London join you. My only option is to fly from London and I do not really fancy arriving late and leaving in the morning, but I guess this is what I will have to do when I go to Peru unless options change or I can always pay extra to fly out one day before. Enjoy your holiday and I look forward to reading the review on your return.

Jaya

richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Jaya.

Flying from Manchester also appeals to me more than flying from the London airports because I live in Derbyshire about 45 miles from Manchester airport, whereas the London airports are probably more than 140 miles away.

I do hope that it neither rains heavily nor have heavy mists @ macchu Picchu & not be able to see the view!

I do intend to apprise you of my & other fellow travellers experiences of the Peru holiday in May/June next year.

Regards,

Richard.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Richard

Stay positive and you will have no mists - you will definitely have a clear view. I know you are going to have a wonderful time. Have heard so many good things about this trip.

Jaya

richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Richard

Stay positive and you will have no mists - you will definitely have a clear view. I know you are going to have a wonderful time. Have heard so many good things about this trip.

Jaya

I'm certainly looking forward to the trip to Peru, but would have liked the cruise on Lake Titicaca to have crossed into Bolivia.

I travel with justyou to Bugges for Xmas & in April I visit the Scilly Isles for the first time with my cousin & his wife.

Aug/Sept I hope to visit China with justyou, but I'm neglecting work that I need doing to my house, e.g. a new kitchen!

Regards,

Richard.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Richard

I am sure a new kitchen can wait while you are travelling to all these lovely places. China is on my list of destinations and hopefully I will be able to go one day soon.

Enjoy all your holidays.

Jaya

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi Richard - I am on this trip in February. Originally booked for March but it was cancelled. I am looking forward to it and will let you know. Anna
richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Anna, I'd definately be pleased to receive any feedback about this tour.

Happy new year.

Richard.

richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi Richard - I am on this trip in February. Originally booked for March but it was cancelled. I am looking forward to it and will let you know. Anna

Hello Anna.

My May tourwith JY to Peru has been cancelled, but fortunately, I've been able to book a tour to Peru in August/September with Travelsphere. There were three other sole travellers already booked on this tour.

I'm still interested to hear about your tour.

Regards,

Richard.

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi Richard - well as promised - feedback on the Peru trip. It was quite magical, but EXHAUSTING - due to the altitude - well for me at least. I wasn't the only one and there were those who suffered more than I did. Lima was OK - but we only spent one day there and were pretty tired from the flight. Again Machu Picchu ok but by then everyone was itching to get to MP. We set off early (oh get used to the early morning), boarded the train and then got stuck on the train due to a landslide - which they cleared. 3 km further up another more serious landslide and we ended up getting turned around after 8 hours (I think) stuck on the train! I think most of us were pretty gutted. BUT Claire and Arturo - our guides - somehow waved magic wands and got us on a different train/route for the following day. Up at 3 a.m. (!) but made it. In early, beautiful sunshine and MP was MAGIC. Absolutely magic. Then the following day THAT route was flooded - so I guess our fairy godmother was looking after us. Then the floating islands - again MAGIC, and apparently we were lucky to have sunshine there again. I didn't do the amazon add on but understand it was brilliant. So a great holiday, lovely people BUT, in my case at least, the altitude sickness was a bit rough. It didn't affect everyone but it did affect some worse than me. Oh, and don't eat the guinea pig - yuck!!!!! But definitely worth it. Anna
greyperu
(Member)
hello richard youll love it in peru i was there almost 10 years ago machu pichu is a wonderful place walk up to see it from a height fantastic and if you are in cusco thats a great place also lima is also lovely but keep your wallet safe i also went to lake titicaca that was great a short ride on a reed boat have a great time there and good wishes graham

im off in 2 weeks to see australia

richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'greyperu' wrote:

hello richard youll love it in peru i was there almost 10 years ago machu pichu is a wonderful place walk up to see it from a height fantastic and if you are in cusco thats a great place also lima is also lovely but keep your wallet safe i also went to lake titicaca that was great a short ride on a reed boat have a great time there and good wishes graham

im off in 2 weeks to see australia

Thanks for letting me know & I hope that you enjoy Australia.

Regards,

Richard.

richardian
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi Richard - well as promised - feedback on the Peru trip. It was quite magical, but EXHAUSTING - due to the altitude - well for me at least. I wasn't the only one and there were those who suffered more than I did. Lima was OK - but we only spent one day there and were pretty tired from the flight. Again Machu Picchu ok but by then everyone was itching to get to MP. We set off early (oh get used to the early morning), boarded the train and then got stuck on the train due to a landslide - which they cleared. 3 km further up another more serious landslide and we ended up getting turned around after 8 hours (I think) stuck on the train! I think most of us were pretty gutted. BUT Claire and Arturo - our guides - somehow waved magic wands and got us on a different train/route for the following day. Up at 3 a.m. (!) but made it. In early, beautiful sunshine and MP was MAGIC. Absolutely magic. Then the following day THAT route was flooded - so I guess our fairy godmother was looking after us. Then the floating islands - again MAGIC, and apparently we were lucky to have sunshine there again. I didn't do the amazon add on but understand it was brilliant. So a great holiday, lovely people BUT, in my case at least, the altitude sickness was a bit rough. It didn't affect everyone but it did affect some worse than me. Oh, and don't eat the guinea pig - yuck!!!!! But definitely worth it. Anna

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now going to Peru in Aug/Sept with Travelsphereon a more leisurly tour, due to to JY tour being cancelled; I've replaced that one with JY - China.

Regards,

Richard.