chesca
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
:)

Hello to everyone I am new here and a little nervous.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, Everyone is nervous before their first trip, nerves soon disapear when you meet other travellers.
JillLiz
(Member)
I'm new here too, hello. These solo holidays are such an exciting possibility - glad I came across them.

I'm wondering about the Classic Cities of Italy tour next year, and need to know how much walking is involved, as walking and standing are a bit of a problem for me. Can anyone help ... ?

Thanks.

Jill

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Chesca welcome to you there Are loads of us on here with a vast amount of knowledge regarding these holidays if we can help you with anything just ask. I have my 9th tour booked for 2013... Good luck...

Jill....as far as I know none of the holidays have excessive amounts of walking or standing around...these are not walking holidays they are Touring holidays, most have a fair amount of walking as in seeing the sights, I have been on guided tours at times and just ventured off for a drink or just to sit and watch the world go by, just make sure where a meeting point is for at the end. I am sure you will be fine... If I can help with anything else just ask away. I have not done the tour tour thinking off, but I have been on the Tuscany tour.

Cindy

JillLiz
(Member)
Thanks, that's good to know, and thank you for taking the time to reply. I think I'll book ... ooh, scary.

'nixon' wrote:

Chesca welcome to you there Are loads of us on here with a vast amount of knowledge regarding these holidays if we can help you with anything just ask. I have my 9th tour booked for 2013... Good luck...

Jill....as far as I know none of the holidays have excessive amounts of walking or standing around...these are not walking holidays they are Touring holidays, most have a fair amount of walking as in seeing the sights, I have been on guided tours at times and just ventured off for a drink or just to sit and watch the world go by, just make sure where a meeting point is for at the end. I am sure you will be fine... If I can help with anything else just ask away. I have not done the tour tour thinking off, but I have been on the Tuscany tour.

Cindy

SheilaO
(Member)
'JillLiz' wrote:

I'm new here too, hello. These solo holidays are such an exciting possibility - glad I came across them.

I'm wondering about the Classic Cities of Italy tour next year, and need to know how much walking is involved, as walking and standing are a bit of a problem for me. Can anyone help ... ?

Thanks.

Jill

Hello

I am new too, I have booked the Classic cities of Italy for September. Nervous but looking forward to it. As far as the walking goes I think it's really up to you how much you do.

Sheila

halek88
(Member)
Hello everyone,

I am new and have just booked my first holiday with JY in May to the Treasures of Andalucia. Im nervouse when I think about it, but it sounds like it is great fun. Just on the look out for people going on the same hol now. Kim

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kim

You will love Andalucia. It is a lovely destination.

Jaya

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, I'm new as well, just joined today! Thinking of a holiday in 2014 and need time to pluck up the courage! The Canadian Rockies and Vancouver appeals to me and need to find out the best time of year to go to get the best out of it - don't wan't to miss the ice ride. One thing that concerns me is meal times - how does this work? Do people eat together if meals aren't included or do they just do their own thing. I'm not very good at asking if I can joint people and wouldn't want to have to go and find somewhere to eat on my own. Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks!

Ann

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

I am sure you will not be eating out on your own. Even if the whole group does not eat together where meals are not included, you will always find yourself with a few others without having to ask. One of the beauty of going on Just You holidays is everyone is in the same boat and as long as you get on with people of all ages and different backgrounds etc, you will be fine. Believe me, you will never be left on your own.

Jaya

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi

I am new to this as well, I have booked my first trip with Just you for the 24th April to china

I am excited but very nervous to.

Davina

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Ann

I am sure you will not be eating out on your own. Even if the whole group does not eat together where meals are not included, you will always find yourself with a few others without having to ask. One of the beauty of going on Just You holidays is everyone is in the same boat and as long as you get on with people of all ages and different backgrounds etc, you will be fine. Believe me, you will never be left on your own.

Jaya

Many that Jaya:rolleyes:this is very helpful and reasuring.

All the best,

Ann

Davina1979
(Member)
'Ann wrote:

'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Ann

Jaya

All the best,

Ann

I am so pleased to read this as this has been a concern of mine that when we have time without a guide I may be just alone which worries me a little as would be nice to be able to walk with the others without having to ask and feel a burden

Davina

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Ann wrote:

'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Ann

Jaya

All the best,

Ann

Hello Jaya, just wanted to apologies, don't know how I managed to add :rolleyes:, certainly didn't intend to. I'm sure I'll get used to this. I'm also not sure if I am typing my reply in the right place!

Ann

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

You are doing okay - no worries at all!

Jaya

madwife
(Member)
'JillLiz' wrote:

Thanks.

Jill

Hi Jill, I did that trip a while ago now and it was fabulous. There is not a lot of walking but you do get to see the cities with a tour guide but I'm sure you could always find a seat! You won't be disappointed. Anne

1234julie4321
(Member)
hi, i'm the same.. went on a solos holiday but found as it was age related it was more of a dating scene. having said that I went on the first week which I actually booked then decided to stay for another week..... The first week everyone mucked in together but on second week I expected the same but the girls just wanted to meet guys.. depends who you end up with I suppose but a none age related hol feels better to me this time so think I will be booking a relaxing sun lazy hol with justyou this time... hope you have a great holiday, whichever you choose. looking forward to mine, just choosing my lazy week at the mo.. julie[/font]

Hello, I'm new as well, just joined today! Thinking of a holiday in 2014 and need time to pluck up the courage! The Canadian Rockies and Vancouver appeals to me and need to find out the best time of year to go to get the best out of it - don't wan't to miss the ice ride. One thing that concerns me is meal times - how does this work? Do people eat together if meals aren't included or do they just do their own thing. I'm not very good at asking if I can joint people and wouldn't want to have to go and find somewhere to eat on my own. Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks!

Ann

CatCariad
(Member)
Hello There

Just joined and have booked my first Just You holiday. Looking forward to it, now just have to work hard to pay for it :rolleyes:

PaulineD
(Member)
'CatCariad' wrote:

Hello There

Just joined and have booked my first Just You holiday. Looking forward to it, now just have to work hard to pay for it :rolleyes:

Hi CatCariad,

Which holiday have you booked?

CatCariad
(Member)
Hello Pauline

I have booked the trip to Cuba, I'm going in November - getting very excited 🙂