Angie S
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I done my first solo holiday recently and I did it with Just You. I now have a real appetite and confidence for travelling to some of the more unusual places as a solo.

I've been looking at where I can go next and have even looked at Travelsphere. The place that's currently stuck in my head is NEPAL !

Unfortunately Travelsphere has just sold out it's three Feb/Mar 2013 tours with currently no more offers for later on in 2013. They say Feb/Mar and Oct/Nov are the best times to travel. I am crossing my fingers dates for Oct/Nov 2013 or even early 2014 become available when the new brochure comes out in January.

The single person supplement is affordable and all meals are included so I'm not so concerned about eating alone. One night you stay in a high mountain resort and the next morning you can watch the sun rise over the Himalayas including Mount Everest. You can also take an optional early morning flight which flies you alongside Everest. Wow! I'm putting out my head the recent plane crash thinking that's in the past not the future! Kathmandu also sounds intriguing. I'm sold. I just hope tours become available again, after all the first part of 2013 has sold out and the tours get a 100% rating.

Is there any Just You folk out their interested? Some threads have said we should tell others about Travelsphere tours they were considering. WOULD "JUST YOU" EVEN CONSIDER OFFERING?

Just interested.......

Angie

Jenny789
(Member)
Angie,

I have just returned from this holiday travelling as a solo with travelsphere. I would highly recommend it. All the sights were fantastic, with the hustle, bustle and historical stupas and temples of Katmandu to the peaceful mountain scenery and then Pokhara with it's calm lake. The nepalese people were all so friendly. Hotels were of a high standard and food good. Meals were at set times in restaurant or hotel so you would not be eating alone. In our group of 30 there were 8 solo travellers, 2 sets of friends who happened to have been solo travellers on previous holidays and then booked to travel together on this tour. The rest were couples. everyone got on well. I did not feel at anytime awkward being a solo traveller. I did not do the Chitwan add on as it was not good value when you added on the single supplement for an additional couple of nights, the majority of those not doing the add on were solos for that reason. I was pleased i did not chose it when i discovered it was a 6 hour drive to the resort. I didn't do the mountain flight because of being a nervous flyer but those that did go enjoyed it. however the view from the flight to Pokhara is fantastic if you get a seat on the right going or the left coming back. October is one of the best times to go for clear views however it was cloudy on couple of the days of early morning sunrise but it did clear on the last day and had a great sunrise.

Overall I would recommend this tour and would say if you don't find anyone else to share then going alone would be fine.

Any questions just ask.

Jenny

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi sounds wonderful! Unfortunately I've all my holidays sorted for 2013 and a few ideas already for 2014! I'm hoping that JY will introduce Costa Rica and Nicaragua on their programme for spring 2014 and if I can afford it, I'll do Inspirational China with JY in the autumn of 2014. Talk about planning ahead! However, there are two Travelsphere hols I have my eye on and I'm hoping to do them in a couple of years time (2015) - also I'm hoping against hope that JY might include them as well, but if not I'll do them with Travelsphere. They are Nepal and Indonesia, both sound spectacular!! So I'll have to wait and see what exciting directions JY go in over the next couple of years, fingers crossed!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good Report Jenny....

Bob you are more organized than I am thinking of 2015 allready.....

Cindy

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks to Jenny, Bob and Cindy for getting back so far. I was a bit unsure about talking about a Travelsphere tour on the Just You website but Travelsphere have no forum and it's nice to hear what others are thinking.

Bob, I'm also eyeing up Indonesia or the Jewels of Indochina as I've still to do Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos but that may be 2 or 3 years away for me. Who knows what JY will come up with in the future.

Jenny, thank you very much. You have confirmed everything I was trying to convince myself of. As Cindy says - your report is excellent. If dates for this trip come up in the next brochure, I'm going to go for it! Your comments were very helpful. I'm not too fussed re the Chiwan add-on as I'm not an "animal" person.

The only thing that worries me slightly as a novice solo traveller is the flight via Delhi. Did you change planes or was it a re-fuel? I struggled to get from T5 to T4 at Heathrow on my own a couple of months back!!

Thanks again folks,

Angie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I too would love to do the Nepal trip one of these days. It is on my list of destinations. I have heard it is a lovely place to visit and Jenny's report has convinced me.

Jaya

greyperu
(Member)
'Angie wrote:

I done my first solo holiday recently and I did it with Just You. I now have a real appetite and confidence for travelling to some of the more unusual places as a solo.

I've been looking at where I can go next and have even looked at Travelsphere. The place that's currently stuck in my head is NEPAL !

Unfortunately Travelsphere has just sold out it's three Feb/Mar 2013 tours with currently no more offers for later on in 2013. They say Feb/Mar and Oct/Nov are the best times to travel. I am crossing my fingers dates for Oct/Nov 2013 or even early 2014 become available when the new brochure comes out in January.

The single person supplement is affordable and all meals are included so I'm not so concerned about eating alone. One night you stay in a high mountain resort and the next morning you can watch the sun rise over the Himalayas including Mount Everest. You can also take an optional early morning flight which flies you alongside Everest. Wow! I'm putting out my head the recent plane crash thinking that's in the past not the future! Kathmandu also sounds intriguing. I'm sold. I just hope tours become available again, after all the first part of 2013 has sold out and the tours get a 100% rating.

Is there any Just You folk out their interested? Some threads have said we should tell others about Travelsphere tours they were considering. WOULD "JUST YOU" EVEN CONSIDER OFFERING?

Just interested.......

Angie

greyperu
(Member)
go to nepal when you get the chance i was there earlier this year and i loved it there stayed at katmandu nagarkot dhulikel which you refered to which is 7000ft great hotel also stayed pokhara id go again but off to aussie in march 2003 dont worry about the height im 73 and it wasnt a problem im sure youll love it there hope you get there and have a great time
Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I wasn't sure if I should be talking about a Travelsphere trip on the JY site but it's nice to get the feedback from like minded solos. I will use JY again (possibly Jordan next, I did Uzbekistan in Sept) but sometimes you need other options i.e. Travelsphere.

Bob I too have my eye on Indonesia but also the Jewels of Indochina as I've still to do Cambodia & Vietnam and would like to include Laos.

Jenny, many thanks for your great report. I was absolutely delighted to hear from you. You have confirmed all the things I was trying to convince myself of. It's just a pity the dates in Feb/Mar sold out only 10 days after this tour caught my eye. If dates become available again whether 2013 or 2014, I'm going to go for it, no hesitation. You have totally reassured me.

One thing that worries me a little travelling alone (but would not deter me) is the flight via Delhi. Jenny, did you change planes or was it just a re-fuel? I struggled to find my way from T5 to T4 at Heathrow a couple of months back!!

Angie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Reading about all these new destinations and adding them to my wish list is just making the list longer and longer! It would be heaven if I could just take a whole year off and travel to all the wonderful destinations, but unfortunately bills have to be paid!! I have heard so many nice things about Nepal. 'GreyPeru' I envy you your trip to Aussie as this too is on my list and you have also been to Peru, one other destination I was hoping to visit next year, but has to put on hold till 2014! Have a great time in Australia - I am sure you are going to enjoy this trip. Safe travels.

Jaya

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Oops....I posted twice.....for some reason I didn't think my first post worked !

Angie

:blush:

Jenny789
(Member)
'Angie wrote:

I wasn't sure if I should be talking about a Travelsphere trip on the JY site but it's nice to get the feedback from like minded solos. I will use JY again (possibly Jordan next, I did Uzbekistan in Sept) but sometimes you need other options i.e. Travelsphere.

Bob I too have my eye on Indonesia but also the Jewels of Indochina as I've still to do Cambodia & Vietnam and would like to include Laos.

Jenny, many thanks for your great report. I was absolutely delighted to hear from you. You have confirmed all the things I was trying to convince myself of. It's just a pity the dates in Feb/Mar sold out only 10 days after this tour caught my eye. If dates become available again whether 2013 or 2014, I'm going to go for it, no hesitation. You have totally reassured me.

One thing that worries me a little travelling alone (but would not deter me) is the flight via Delhi. Jenny, did you change planes or was it just a re-fuel? I struggled to find my way from T5 to T4 at Heathrow a couple of months back!!

Angie

Angie,

We did change plane in Delhi. on the way out you had the tour manager showing the way And also there were written notes in your info. Delhi was quite straight forward however the security is slow and can be chaotic but easy to navigate, you just need to be patient waiting in line. on the return journey it was again straight forward but very very slow through security. In Katmandu they frisked everyone at 5 different points before boarding the plane and then again at Delhi. It's the most i've been touched for a long time! Another great thing about this holiday was all meals included so needed very little extra money. One of the optional extras was a tandem paraglide from high up the hills of Pokhara to the bottom. Most be wonderful if you are brave which i was not.

Jenny x