Morgan85
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hey all.

I'm after something exciting, once in a lifetime sort of experience. I'm 26 and quite nervous that no one my age would go on these sorts of trips. Any advice or suggestions welcomed. Looking to depart in early December for a good few weeks.

Morgan

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
At 26 you would be one of the youngest, I have been on trips where the age ranged from 20 up to 80, even at 45 I am often one of the youngest on the trip, but have never found age to be a problem, as long as you go along with a positive attitude and join in. I have been on 8 so far and have 2 more booked (Costa Rica next month and Vietnam for Christmas) this year and have always found everyone to be welcoming and friendly regardless of age and always had a great time, remember age is only a number.

Just pick a trip that you like the look of and go for it, I regret not giving these trips a go sooner.

Hayles
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi there,

i say go ahead and book a trip, im 25 (26 tomorrow) and im due to go on my 3rd jy tour next month. there fantastic. all ages go, my first trip i was 24 so youll probably be one of the youngest but everyone gets along with everyone so u wont get left out.

hope thats give u some inspiration

cheers

hayley :)

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Morgan

I hope this link works

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-51972.html 

Might help you with the AGE question, I do know there is a young lady on here who has been on a JY tour who is 20.

At 26 you would be in the younger range but if there is a holiday you like the look of then please do NOT let the age stop you going away and having fun.

I started useing JY in 2006, I have been on 8 tours I an now 53. I have spent many a happy hour chatting to people much older than me and younger, it's just a number some people are old but act young some are young and act old. Some oldies are very fit and agile and some younger ones (me) are not.

Good luck

Cindy

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Morgan85,

I am 26 (just) and starting using JustYou when i was 22. I would imagine you would be one of the youngest however i really have to stress it isn't a barrier. The fact that you and your fellow JY travellers are all going to a place that you are excited about transcends age and the holiday is what unites everyone. Everyone is there to enjoy the sites and i can honestly say i have never thought age was a barrier.

My friends all go back-packing however i am a bit more snobby and like my creature comfirts so i go with JY/Travelsphere for the security and comfort.

I hope that helps. If you want to ask anythign privately you can email me on skysthelimit25@googlemail.com.

Thanks

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome Morgan

Age is just a number so please do not let this put you off from going on a holiday with Just You. I have been on 3 and am going on my 4th one in October. On all trips we have had a varied age range and everyone got on well. When I went to Jordan, my first Just You trip, we had a couple of people in their early 20s and in May when I went to Costa de la Luz the oldest was in his 80s! Everyone on a Just You holiday is there for the same reason so age is never a problem. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience, then the best thing is to pick a destination you always wanted to visit and book it. You will have no regrets. Hope you do find something and decide to book it. Life is too short so go on, book something and have fun.

Jaya