SoloCaz
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone going away at Xmas from Newcastle upon Tyne?

I have never been on holiday alone before so I am new to all of this and a bit nervous so looking for some advice on where to go at Xmas as I just can't cope with yet another Xmas on my own. I am 39 yrs old so looking for somewhere for younger people and want to fly from Newcastle upon Tyne as not familiar with any other airports.

Can anyone help or offer some advice please?

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome to you,

I have been on 8 JY holidays but NONE off the Christmas breaks have family here that need feeding! not sure they want me to go missing at Christmas. There are many threads on the boards about new people to JY so have a look around at then there are a couiple of video links from Cindy and the Lovely Lesley so that might help you as well.

I do know from talking to people when I have been away that the Christmas and New Years breaks can get booked fast, so bare that in mind.

At the 39 you would be in the younger aged bracket but if you have your eye on a tour you can ring the office up and ask the age range, they will give you an idea or post on the editor boad on here and BEN wil give you an answer.

I am under the impression that the new main brochure is due out middle September so I would think the Christmas brochures will be out then as well They will be live online then as well.

I hope you can find something that appeals to you.

Happy travelling

CIndy

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

You will be fine.

You only have to skim the forum to see the many posts about first time travellers with Just You and i have never seen anyone say that they were disappointed.

Essentially, everyone there is out to have a good time, and will probably have similar reasons for visiting the destination as you, so you all have something in common. Age ranges vary dramatically, but i have never found these to be a barrier.

Have a good time.

Mark

sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I recently went on my first just you holiday, I had a great time meet lots of new people, of various ages, and everyone got on well. Don't worry about travelling alone, the just you reps are at the airport, on your holiday and there for you if you need them, but if you don't they make excellent travelling companions. Admittedly I have been on only one holiday but the rep Aideen Higgins was great.

I have booked another holiday to Iceland for the new year.

Take a look at the trips select your favourite and book, you will not be sorry.

All the best and happy holiday

Dido123
(Member)
Hi Caz, I'm new to all this too but plucked up my courage and booked the Golden West over Christmas for the same reasons you give.(Look at the thread - its about 2 pages behind this one and a few other people have also contributed.)

I haven't done a singles or JY holiday before and so don't know what to expect - however, like you by the sounds of it, I DO know what to expect of Christmas home alone so, balancing the two, I reckoned it was worth a punt! Hope so anyway!

Hope you can take the plunge. Good luck.

I don't know whether it's allowed but if you book, I hope others on the same trip could maybe contact each other outside of this to help each other along in some way.

All the best

Dido x

Hedgehog
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Hi,

You will be fine.

You only have to skim the forum to see the many posts about first time travellers with Just You and i have never seen anyone say that they were disappointed.

Essentially, everyone there is out to have a good time, and will probably have similar reasons for visiting the destination as you, so you all have something in common. Age ranges vary dramatically, but i have never found these to be a barrier.

Have a good time.

Mark

Hi there.

I have booked on the Christmas Golden west tour. I'm 41(hopefully that is classed as young!) my first tour and I am very excited!

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'SoloCaz' wrote:

I have never been on holiday alone before so I am new to all of this and a bit nervous so looking for some advice on where to go at Xmas as I just can't cope with yet another Xmas on my own. I am 39 yrs old so looking for somewhere for younger people and want to fly from Newcastle upon Tyne as not familiar with any other airports.

Thanks

Hello from another Newcastle girl who is also 39 (this is all strange). I felt the same as you last year. first time away and nervous. But I am about to go on my third trip. Best thing I ever did. Found going from Newcastle with longer trips sometimes involves two or three flights. Also with stop overs at london as connecting flights dont always match. But pick a place that sounds fun and go for it. And the age thing well lets say that the people who partyed longer on my USA trip were the oldest members of the group . HAvE FUN Shelly 1

SoloCaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SHELLY wrote:

'SoloCaz' wrote:

Thanks

Hello from another Newcastle girl who is also 39 (this is all strange). I felt the same as you last year. first time away and nervous. But I am about to go on my third trip. Best thing I ever did. Found going from Newcastle with longer trips sometimes involves two or three flights. Also with stop overs at london as connecting flights dont always match. But pick a place that sounds fun and go for it. And the age thing well lets say that the people who partyed longer on my USA trip were the oldest members of the group . HAvE FUN Shelly 1

Shelly,

Thanks for the reply, been great getting everyones replies has made me feel less alone already! Two 39 yr old solo lasses from Newcastle, what are the chances of that happening! Are you thinking of a Christmas break? What you say about the flights and conections etc is what I feared which is one reason why I was looking for someone else who might be going from Newcastle. Be good to keep in touch with you, where is your next trip away?

SoloCaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for everyones responses, I feel less alone already!

Not only am I new to solo travel I am new to chat rooms too so no idea if I am responding to messages correctly but I am just giving it a go.

Price is something I need to keep in mind so the Golden West Trip is just not possible as its well outside my price range unfortunately.

Caz

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'SoloCaz' wrote:

Thanks for everyones responses, I feel less alone already!

Not only am I new to solo travel I am new to chat rooms too so no idea if I am responding to messages correctly but I am just giving it a go.

Price is something I need to keep in mind so the Golden West Trip is just not possible as its well outside my price range unfortunately.

Caz

Hi Caz, Nice to hear from you. I am away to Italy on thursday and cant wait. I did the golden west trip last year. It was great but as you said these trips do cost. You could aways try closer to home for christmas. europe is closer with shorter flights or what about Morpeth or cramlington much closer but not as warm. Keep in touch and let me no now you get on. Shelly 1