meldavis
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi, I am thinking of taking a trip soon, probably to America but as i have never been on a holiday alone am a little nervous!

would appreciate any advice or feedback about single travel.

Thanks, Meldavis

Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Mel

I'm going on my first trip this October to America. I can understand you being nervous as many are but from reading all the posts in this forum it helps calm the nerves because everyone is so helpful and everyone has a great time away.

I'm going on route 66 in October and I can't wait. Hope you find a suitable holiday.

Paul

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Mel

If you decide to go America and you have never been before, please be aware that American Border staff are empowered to open passengers cases without any damage compensation being paid. You can purchase TAS padlocks or suitcases with these locks built in so that they can be opened without being broken. I thought that you might like to know this, before you get a broken case on your hands.

Peter

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mel

I have answered your other post, regarding cases I never lock mine when I travel to usa and I have never had a problem...

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mel

I use plastic ties on my luggage, not so much for security but just to make sure it doesn't come open.

I carry my valuables in my hand luggage.

Mick