Lindajo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm completely new to Just You & singles holidays.

I'm considering booking the Amazing Australia tour with the Singapore pre tour add on in November 12. I was wondering if anyone else is going on this tour.

Thanks

Linda

the_baron1
(Member)
'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi

I'm considering booking the Amazing Australia tour with the Singapore pre tour add on in November 12. I was wondering if anyone else is going on this tour.

Thanks

Linda

Hello Linda,

This will be my first JY holiday but I am on the October holiday instead with Singapore and New Zealand add on's.

I have been to Singapore a numerous times ( when in the Navy) so I know what Singapore is like.

You will enjoy Singapore, plenty of shopping at Duty free prices ,don't forget to barter for what ever you buy. Plenty to see like the botanic gardens, National Orchid gardens,Tiger balm gardens, China town, Raffles Hotel and have a Singapore Sling ( Drink) while there. Eating out is great also, plenty of open air stalls for cheap eating. Try the Chilli Crab. A good local restaurant to do this is at 8 Raffles place near the waterfront or you can eat at numerous stalls in China Town.

Enjoy when you go and hope this has been of some help.

Best regards

Eric

Lindajo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'the_baron1' wrote:

'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Linda

Hello Linda,

This will be my first JY holiday but I am on the October holiday instead with Singapore and New Zealand add on's.

I have been to Singapore a numerous times ( when in the Navy) so I know what Singapore is like.

You will enjoy Singapore, plenty of shopping at Duty free prices ,don't forget to barter for what ever you buy. Plenty to see like the botanic gardens, National Orchid gardens,Tiger balm gardens, China town, Raffles Hotel and have a Singapore Sling ( Drink) while there. Eating out is great also, plenty of open air stalls for cheap eating. Try the Chilli Crab. A good local restaurant to do this is at 8 Raffles place near the waterfront or you can eat at numerous stalls in China Town.

Enjoy when you go and hope this has been of some help.

Best regards

Eric

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your reply.

The New Zealand add on sounds amazing as well.

Thank you for the information regarding Singapore, I didn't realise there was so much to do there! It has certainly helped me in deciding that I would like to add it on. I'm not sure I'm confident enough to barter though, maybe after a Singapore sling!

Enjoy your trip in October

Kind regards

Linda

evelynj
(Member)
'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Linda

davidj
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Linda,

I am booked on the November trip to Australia. I am not doing any of the add-ons as I have been to Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand before (not on singles holidays).

It will be my 6th singles holiday and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I am sure you will have a fantastic time if you book. Most people are nervous before their first trip but there is no need to be. Everyone I have met on these trips has been very friendly and you will soon make plenty of new friends.

If you do go to Singapore I am sure you will enjoy it as there is so much to do. I don’t know if you have read the other previous posting where someone was asking about the tour manager for this trip and the editor (Ben) replied that there was no tour manager for the Singapore part of the trip. I don’t think that would put me off the Singapore extension if I had not been before.

David

evelynj
(Member)
Hi Linda

I am trying to book this at the moment (6 November) but I am not doing any of the add on's as I have been to Hong Kong and Singapore in the past.

I am just waiting confirmation that they can get me a flight as there flight allocations have been utilised. If you want to book I would suggest sooner rather than later to ensure you get a place. I think there were about 24 booked when I asked including all the people doing the different ad on's. November is a good time to go from my research.I have been on a number of Just You long haul holidays in the past and they are well organised.

Please let me know if you book and we can chat more.

Regards

Eve

'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Linda

evelynj
(Member)
'evelynj' wrote:

'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda

In process of booking this. Just waiting to see if they can get me a flight as their seat allocation has been utilised. I am not doing any add on's

Regards

Eve

Lindajo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'davidj' wrote:

Hello Linda,

I am booked on the November trip to Australia. I am not doing any of the add-ons as I have been to Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand before (not on singles holidays).

It will be my 6th singles holiday and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I am sure you will have a fantastic time if you book. Most people are nervous before their first trip but there is no need to be. Everyone I have met on these trips has been very friendly and you will soon make plenty of new friends.

If you do go to Singapore I am sure you will enjoy it as there is so much to do. I don’t know if you have read the other previous posting where someone was asking about the tour manager for this trip and the editor (Ben) replied that there was no tour manager for the Singapore part of the trip. I don’t think that would put me off the Singapore extension if I had not been before.

David

Hello David,

Thank you for your reassuring words.

I have been reading the posts on this site for weeks & the view always seems to be that once you've been on one of the holidays there will be no stopping you!

I have booked a discovery weekend in Peterborough in August as I thought that would give me a taster & help me to decide but on the basis that the allocated seats on the flight have all gone I have decided to just go for it & book the November trip with the Singapore pre tour add on, hopefully I will be able to meet up with some people on that part of the trip. I am just waiting to hear whether there are flights available.

Linda

Lindajo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'evelynj' wrote:

'evelynj' wrote:

'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda

In process of booking this. Just waiting to see if they can get me a flight as their seat allocation has been utilised. I am not doing any add on's

Regards

Eve

Hi Eve,

I have gone for it & am in the process of booking this with the Singapore pre tour add on. I'm in the same situation as you, waiting to see if they can get me a flight, so fingers crossed!

Kind regards

Linda

evelynj
(Member)
'Lindajo' wrote:

'evelynj' wrote:

'evelynj' wrote:

'Lindajo' wrote:

Hi Linda

Hi

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda

Regards

Eve

Hi Eve,

I have gone for it & am in the process of booking this with the Singapore pre tour add on. I'm in the same situation as you, waiting to see if they can get me a flight, so fingers crossed!

Kind regards

Linda

evelynj
(Member)
Hi Linda

Just received confirmation of flight from Just You so hopefully you should be OK.

Regards

Eve

Lindajo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'evelynj' wrote:

Hi Linda

Just received confirmation of flight from Just You so hopefully you should be OK.

Regards

Eve

Hi Eve

I'm still waiting for my flights to be confirmed, apparently Quantas are being really slow but hopefully it will be ok. I will let you know when I hear.

Regards

Linda

Susan D
(Member)
Hi Linda

I'm also in the process of booking this. Just waiting to see if they can get me a flight as their seat allocation has been utilised. I wonder if anyone did actually get an allocated seat????? :s

Regards, Sue

Lindajo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

My flights have now been confirmed at last which is such a relief, I was starting to think it just wasn't going to happen after plucking up the courage to book! I am really excited to be going albeit slightly nervous. I do hope your flights are confirmed quickly Sue, the waiting is so nerve wracking!

Linda

evelynj
(Member)
Hi

Linda -That's really good news.

Sue- Have you managed to get your flights confirmed yet and are you doing the Singapore part of the trip?

David- What other trips have you done with Just You as I have done a number of trips and our paths may have crossed in the past ?

Eric has posted on the New Zealand thread to say he is doing this trip as well so hopefully he will join in on this thread.

Regards

Eve

davidj
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Eve,

I have been to Cuba, Kerala and Vietnam with JY and I have been to India (golden triangle) and Tanzania with another singles company.

I can remember an Eve on the Kerala trip in March 2011.

I think there has been another change to our itinerary although I have not been told about this by JY. When I checked my flights with Qantas the flight from Perth is now to Alice Springs (11/11) and the next flight is from Ayres Rock to Alice Springs (14/11) and then Alice Springs to Melbourne (14/11). I think this is because there are no longer any Qantas flights from Perth to Ayres Rock in November.

I am looking forward to meeting you all in November.

David

evelynj
(Member)
Hi David

I have never been to India but I want to do the triangle next year. I thought you may have been the David I met on a Just You holiday to China holiday a couple of years ago.

The itinerary has changed. In the brochure it said it would change in November although no mention was made of this on the website.

Holiday order is now Perth, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, and then finishing in Cairns. I am awaiting an amended daily schedule.

Regards

Eve

the_baron1
(Member)
'evelynj' wrote:

Hi

Linda -That's really good news.

Sue- Have you managed to get your flights confirmed yet and are you doing the Singapore part of the trip?

David- What other trips have you done with Just You as I have done a number of trips and our paths may have crossed in the past ?

Eric has posted on the New Zealand thread to say he is doing this trip as well so hopefully he will join in on this thread.

Regards

Eve

Hello Eve,

Just seen your posting on this thread.

Unfortunately I got my dates wrong on the New Zealand thread that I posted. The tour that I am on arrives in New Zealand on the 29th October and departs 13th November.

Our intinery is different from yours, after Perth we fly to Ayres Rock. Fly Alice Springs to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney. Coach to Canberra/ Melbourne, Fly Melbourne to Auckland.

So I will not be seeing your group, unfortunately.

Regards

Eric.