grandma6
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm going to Kusadasi in September this year, is anyone else booked. I've been on several just you holidays before but this is the first time to an all inclusive. With the other holidays I enjoyed meeting fellow travellers at meal times when we are seated together does this happen at an all inclusive hotel.
Swissie3
(Member)
Hi - I¨ve just booked Kusadasi also. My first JY holiday actually. I just wanted to go "somewhere", punched in the dates and this is what I came up with. Looking forward to meeting all those fellow travel birds. See you soon then. Anna
Swissie3
(Member)
Well I don't quite know what happened to my last post but I'll try again. I just booked Kusadasi myself - my first JY holiday and I am looking forward to it. Looking forward to meet other like-minded travel birds. See you soon then. Anna

Swissie3
(Member)
Well I'm not having much luck posting here so I will try this.
Swissie3
(Member)
Hi - well this is my 3rd attempt at replying so I will see if this works.

Swissie3
(Member)
Hallo - Anna here - I tried to reply 3 times last night but no luck. I guess this thread doesn't like me. Yes I have booked on this holiday. My first time with Just You actually, and looking forward to meeting everyone. A
Swissie3
(Member)
Hi, it's Anna here. Well I have now tried 5 times to post a reply (obviously doing something wrong I would guess!!) but I have booked this holiday also so look forward to meeting up with you then (it's my first time with JY too so hope it's fun). Anna
Peter Jersey
(Member)
Swissie 3

You are not doing anything wrong with your posting. All postings have to be checked by a Just You moderator to make sure that that there is nothing offensive written. It is not like an e-mail which gets posted instantly. It may take 24 hours before you see it.

Peter

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi Peter - Ms Technophobe here!!! I finally figured out what was going wrong but only after attempting around 5 messages. Does the expression "old dogs, new tricks" spring to mind? Thanks for putting me right though. Anna

grandma6
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi - I¨ve just booked Kusadasi also. My first JY holiday actually. I just wanted to go "somewhere", punched in the dates and this is what I came up with. Looking forward to meeting all those fellow travel birds. See you soon then. Anna

Hi Anna, I believe there ia quite a large group going on this tour which will be good. Are you going to go on any of the tours. I've been on several JY holidays and have always had a great time. Look forward to seeing you at the airport.

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi - as for the excursions, I haven't received my confirmation paperwork yet but definitely intend to take quite a few trips. I quite like the idea of booking them before I go too. Good for budgeting and also for getting me up and running with no dilly-dallying.

Although this is my first trip with JY I am not at all nervous. My husband left 2 1/2 years ago and although I am with someone (I don't like saying "my boyfriend" - he is almost 67!) for the past couple of years every time I asked him about going somewhere it was always "maybe", "perhaps", so I just gave up and booked something on my own. That way we are both happy.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and am definitely delighted to see such positive comments on here.

A bientôt (as they say over here). Anna

Liverbird2012
(Member)
Hello, my name is June. I am a new member of the JY Community.

I have not booked a JY holiday, as yet. I have always travelled with my ex husband and more recently with married friends, but now wish to meet like minded people and hopefully make some new friends.....

I would like to book Kusadasi in September, but just think I need a little gentle 'push'..... Everyone seems very friendly from all the posts and replies......Liverbird2012

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi June - so this is your "gentle push". Go ahead and book it. I only recently booked and last I saw there were only 4 places left for September.

This is my first time too but I am not nervous. Delighted actually. I have finally gotten my (relative) independence - finally divorced and I have a 20 year old (no trouble) still at home, but I REALLY REALLY want to travel so this group sounds great.

I will talk to anyone so you can sit next to me if you want ....

Anna

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi June - so this is your "gentle push". Go ahead and book it. I only recently booked and last I saw there were only 4 places left for September.

This is my first time too but I am not nervous. Delighted actually. I have finally gotten my (relative) independence - finally divorced and I have a 20 year old (no trouble) still at home, but I REALLY REALLY want to travel so this group sounds great.

Anna

Hi June

I concur with Anna. Just go ahead and book it. I too am going to Kusadasi in September. Will see you there hopefully. Mel

grandma6
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Liverbird2012' wrote:

Hello, my name is June. I am a new member of the JY Community.

I have not booked a JY holiday, as yet. I have always travelled with my ex husband and more recently with married friends, but now wish to meet like minded people and hopefully make some new friends.....

I would like to book Kusadasi in September, but just think I need a little gentle 'push'..... Everyone seems very friendly from all the posts and replies......Liverbird2012

Hi June, I'm Carol and I'm also giving you a push. I think the reason I enjoy just you holidays is because everyone is in the same situation either divorced, widowed or just cannot travel with partner for some reason so everyone is friendly. I've never been on an all inclusive so this will be different.

Liverbird2012
(Member)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Anna

Liverbird2012
(Member)
Hi, Just like to say a big Thank You all very much for your replies to my post,.After all that wonderful encouragement and support, especially to Anna for the offer of the seat next her her how could I refuse to travel with such nice people!!!!!!!!

Guess what?....... Yes, I have provisionally book to go to Kusadasi on the 11th September....I think I have just realised I have my independence back after so many years of marriage....I am waiting for JY to confirm the airline have the seat available, as it's showing the flight as being full. They will be confirming the availability in a few days, Fingers Crossed .......So hope to talk with you all soon -June

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi June, so now I am keeping my fingers crossed for the flights for you. Let us know. Now wasn't that easy!! I guess making the booking was the hard part but you know the saying "eat the frog first, that way the rest seems easy"!, well I think you have just eaten the frog. Cheers. Anna

Liverbird2012
(Member)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi June, so now I am keeping my fingers crossed for the flights for you. Let us know. Now wasn't that easy!! I guess making the booking was the hard part but you know the saying "eat the frog first, that way the rest seems easy"!, well I think you have just eaten the frog. Cheers. Anna

Liverbird2012
(Member)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi Anna,

Have phoned JustYou again today, they said it will be wednesday before they get back to me to confirm....so will let you know .... fingers crossed!