Swissie3
(Member)
Fingers and toes crossed then!
sylvieJ
(Member)
[Hi there - yes im on that holiday too ( as you may have seen from my 0riginal post) 1st time AI and with JY so looking forward to meeting you and everyone - souds like a good group so hopefully we can have a good time

sylvieJ
(Member)
HI June, Carol, Anna and Mel who all appear to be going to Kusadasi in September - its been so reassuring reading all your messages to each other and im more than happy for anyone to sit next to me on the plane too !!

Im a widow of 7 years and now wanting to live my life a little more, meeting new people and places. Its all a bit daunting but exciting too and whatever happens at least we can hope for some guaranteed sunshine !!

Just upgraded my suitcase to a more lightweight version as dont want to hospitalise any fellow travellers as i drag it off the conveyer belt !

regards Sylvie J (Norfolk)

grandma6
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sylvieJ' wrote:

HI June, Carol, Anna and Mel who all appear to be going to Kusadasi in September - its been so reassuring reading all your messages to each other and im more than happy for anyone to sit next to me on the plane too !!

Im a widow of 7 years and now wanting to live my life a little more, meeting new people and places. Its all a bit daunting but exciting too and whatever happens at least we can hope for some guaranteed sunshine !!

Just upgraded my suitcase to a more lightweight version as dont want to hospitalise any fellow travellers as i drag it off the conveyer belt !

Hi everyone, I did the same with my suitcase I always take too much but always seem to wear most of it! Are you ladies taking euros instead of Turkish lire ?

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sylvieJ' wrote:

Hello Sylvie

Most people that I have met on these trips tend to be in the same boat. I also find that we all seem to gell well. I am fed up with this rain and am looking very much forward to our trip. 97 degrees have been the temperatures at the moment which will be the same climate in September hopefully. I like to take my whole wardrobe with me on holiday but, like you have invested in a light case and will try to keep to the limit! By the way don't forget to keep a £10 note with you as I think that you will need it for the VISA at immigration. I'll check on that with Ben. Looking forward to seeing you all. Mel

Swissie3
(Member)
Hallo all - looking forward to meeting you all soon. June did you get on the flight? Last I knew you were still waiting.

I am going to take Turkish lira - I will order a few weeks beforehand. I'm not sure about changing pounds into euros and then into lira. It strikes me you will lose on the exchange rate. After that I think I will just take cash out of the wall, assuming I can find a wall:dodgy:

Anyway, I am really looking forward to it, all that lovely food, and culture. Can't wait. Anna

CAHO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello ladies !

May I suggest you just take Euros to Kusadasi. I went in May armed with T L and found nearly everything marked in Euros. They take any money, but we felt it would have made things much easier to just have Euros. Also if you offer TL they seem to add a bit on to the exchange from Euros.

Hope this helps, enjoy.

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hallo all - looking forward to meeting you all soon. June did you get on the flight? Last I knew you were still waiting.

I am going to take Turkish lira - I will order a few weeks beforehand. I'm not sure about changing pounds into euros and then into lira. It strikes me you will lose on the exchange rate. After that I think I will just take cash out of the wall, assuming I can find a wall:dodgy:

Anyway, I am really looking forward to it, all that lovely food, and culture. Can't wait. Anna

Hello Anna

I was just about to say see Caho's previous post and she beat me to it. I think I will take Euros because I will be going to France next year and reuse any Euros (unlikely I may add) there. Ben said that you should exchange sterling for TL over in Turkey. Better exchange rate. 104 degrees today. Not here but there.Turkey in September is becoming very attractive. See you then. Mel

Swissie3
(Member)
Thanks for letting me know. I will just take euros and a few Turkish lira then. I live in France anyway so the euro won't go to waste (like you, assuming there is any left - if anyone sees any flying pigs let me know). Am really looking forward to it now. I just got my list of the excursions today and will probably do most of them. Not sure I see myself at Acquapark but who knows ...... Tsunami warning folks. Anna
Liverbird2012
(Member)
HI Everyone, YES I'm now booked!!!!! and very excited.In fact I cannot wait reading all the posts, it appears that we are going to 'gel' well together from reading all the posts & replies.

I think I will also take euros by the replies from previous travellers.

I am going to drive down on Monday and stay over in a Hotel as I would be stressed to death about missing the flight.......and knowing my luck I would.......

Is anyone else going to be going to be doing the same?:thumbup:

June

Swissie3
(Member)
Hi June - I am so glad you managed to get on a flight. I guess we will meet up eventually then. I am flying into Gatwick on 7th August to see my dear old mom for a few days and then driving down to Stansted on 11th. On the way back however, I can't get out of Stansted on 18th so I am going to spend the night at a hotel near Gatwick and fly back to Geneva on 19th. Complicated stuff but I'm sure it will be worth it. See you soon then. Anna

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Liverbird2012' wrote:

HI Everyone, YES I'm now booked!!!!! and very excited.In fact I cannot wait reading all the posts, it appears that we are going to 'gel' well together from reading all the posts & replies.

I am going to drive down on Monday and stay over in a Hotel as I would be stressed to death about missing the flight.......and knowing my luck I would.......

June

Hello June

Glad you are on board. I am staying over on Monday night at Holiday Inn Express Stansted. More than welcome to join me. I am travelling Monday because then you dont have the stress of same day travel and flight. Looking forward to seeing you all and sharing the delights of Turkey. Mel

grandma6
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi fellow turkey people. So good to hear everyone's travel plans. I live in Scotland so am travelling down to Luton on the Sunday and stay with a friend before before both travelling to stansted on the Tuesday. Can't wait to see the faces that go with the emails so will be looking for the just you labels on the cases !
grandma6
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mel wrote:

'Liverbird2012' wrote:

June

Hello June

Glad you are on board. I am staying over on Monday night at Holiday Inn Express Stansted. More than welcome to join me. I am travelling Monday because then you dont have the stress of same day travel and flight. Looking forward to seeing you all and sharing the delights of Turkey. Mel

grandma6
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mel, saw your message about you staying at the holiday inn express think that good idea, good start to holiday. My friend Celia and I ( we met on previous Just you holiday) will probably stay there as well, will let you know if we booked. Are you driving to the hotel and parking at the airport? Carol.
Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'grandma6' wrote:

Hi Mel, saw your message about you staying at the holiday inn express think that good idea, good start to holiday. My friend Celia and I ( we met on previous Just you holiday) will probably stay there as well, will let you know if we booked. Are you driving to the hotel and parking at the airport? Carol.

Hello Carol

I am going early Monday morning on National Express coach (just you have favourable rates £36 return). Checking on that at the mo. I am then changing at Heathrow and then on to Stansted. Then there is a shuttle to the hotel. Hotel costs £50 a night with breakfast included. There, now that tells everyone my travel itinerary!. It would be good to meet you both before the trip proper. Mel

Janiy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Peter wrote:

Swissie 3

You are not doing anything wrong with your posting. All postings have to be checked by a Just You moderator to make sure that that there is nothing offensive written. It is not like an e-mail which gets posted instantly. It may take 24 hours before you see it.

Peter

Liverbird2012
(Member)
'Swissie3' wrote:

Hi June - I am so glad you managed to get on a flight. I guess we will meet up eventually then. I am flying into Gatwick on 7th August to see my dear old mom for a few days and then driving down to Stansted on 11th. On the way back however, I can't get out of Stansted on 18th so I am going to spend the night at a hotel near Gatwick and fly back to Geneva on 19th. Complicated stuff but I'm sure it will be worth it. See you soon then. Anna

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else at the airport!!!!

June

Liverbird2012
(Member)
'Mel wrote:

'Liverbird2012' wrote:

June

Hello June

Hi Mel, Have just booked into the Holiday Inn Express Stansted-Monday -Dont know what time I'll arrive, depends on how well i get on will following the Sat Nav, probably end up in Lands End knowing me, Ha Ha. Really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else ....Regards June

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Liverbird2012' wrote:

'Mel wrote:

'Liverbird2012' wrote:

June

Hello June

Hi Mel, Have just booked into the Holiday Inn Express Stansted-Monday -Dont know what time I'll arrive, depends on how well i get on will following the Sat Nav, probably end up in Lands End knowing me, Ha Ha. Really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else ....Regards June

June

Glad you have booked in. Carol and her friend might be joining us too. I should be there from 3 ish onwards. I am sure you will be able to find the hotel by Sat Nav if not there is a good hotel at Lands End by the way!

See you soon

Mel