juniper7
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi There, anyone going walking in the Ahr Valley on July 6th? would love to hear from you.

Juniper 7

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Juniper

You have picked a good little trip in a very nice little location. It is an ideal trip for first time Single Travellers or anyone not been away on there own for a while.

I shall certainly return sometime in the future.

Have a great trip

Andy

Perfume Princess
(Guest)
Hi Juniper 7

I'm thinking of going, but in August. Would love to know if anyone else has been on this trip in the past and could give us any info from the single traveller perspective. So Just You travellers, has anyone been to the Ahr Valley in July or August?

Perfume Princess

juniper7
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Juniper

You have picked a good little trip in a very nice little location. It is an ideal trip for first time Single Travellers or anyone not been away on there own for a while.

I shall certainly return sometime in the future.

Have a great trip

Andy

Thankyou Andy, this is my first holiday on my own so its nice to hear from a `fellow traveller` I am nervous, but i`m sure I will be ok.

Juniper.

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Juniper,

Welcome to us on the Community site.

I have done the Ahr Valley trip twice myself although Andy is the 'expert' as I think he has done this trip 6 times to date. Yes, I agree with him, it is a good choice for you first JY trip and I am sure you will have a good time. I am not an experienced walker but this is Level 1 and even I coped easily. If you need any advice, Andy is your man!

It is a lovely part of the World and you will make a lot a new friends. This one attracts people of all ages and I too intend to return there at some point in the future.

Have a great holiday!

Be happy,

Lesley :angel:

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Juniper

I have only been on this trip 6 times. However its been a couple of years now since my last stint. I think the Town of Altenahr is a fabulous little town. The scenery when you are out walking is fantastic, Especially on a nice day. There is a lovely little castle opposite the hotel which looks lovely when lite up at night. And take only about 15 minutes to walk to. However it is all upwards. But the views are magnificient.

There are plenty of eating places only a few yards from your base. And if you like a little cake with your coffee or some ice cream. There is a nice little premises right across the road, Which I highly recommend.

You will enjoy it. I am sure your only complaint perhpas is that the trip was not long enough.

Have a great time and enjoy

Andy

mgj
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Juniper, just booked for the Ahr valley on July 6th so see you soon if it is anything like the discovery weekrnd I have just been on it we will have a good time. Mary
juniper7
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'mgj' wrote:

Hi Juniper, just booked for the Ahr valley on July 6th so see you soon if it is anything like the discovery weekrnd I have just been on it we will have a good time. Mary

Thank you Mary,I am really looking forward to it now , although to start with I was very nervous. Andy has been very helpful too.

Juniper.

juniper7
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LovelyLesley1' wrote:

Hi Juniper,

Welcome to us on the Community site.

I have done the Ahr Valley trip twice myself although Andy is the 'expert' as I think he has done this trip 6 times to date. Yes, I agree with him, it is a good choice for you first JY trip and I am sure you will have a good time. I am not an experienced walker but this is Level 1 and even I coped easily. If you need any advice, Andy is your man!

It is a lovely part of the World and you will make a lot a new friends. This one attracts people of all ages and I too intend to return there at some point in the future.

Have a great holiday!

Be happy,

Lesley :angel:

Thank you Lesley.

juniper

mgj
  • (Member)
(Member)
'juniper7' wrote:

'mgj' wrote:

Thank you Mary,I am really looking forward to it now , although to start with I was very nervous. Andy has been very helpful too.

Juniper.

Hi Juniper, I am looking forward to it, this is my first time away on my own, and yes nervous as well. Mary

amy2003
(Member)
Re Ahr Valley

Hi Juniper I am going on the 6th July trip to Ahr Valley it is my first Jy trip I am very nervous its a worry that you may not fit in I am a good mixer and I hope it just flows as I want to go on lots more hols look forward to seeing you on this one Joan

juniper7
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'amy2003' wrote:

Re Ahr Valley

Hi Juniper I am going on the 6th July trip to Ahr Valley it is my first Jy trip I am very nervous its a worry that you may not fit in I am a good mixer and I hope it just flows as I want to go on lots more hols look forward to seeing you on this one Joan

Hello Amy , know just what you mean, I too think I am a good mixer( my son says I can talk to anyone!) would love to go to Costa Rica next year if I get enough courage . See you in July.

Juniper.

Izziewizzie
(Member)

Hello there

Anybody else booked Walking in the Ahr Valley, leaving on 1st June? :)

breeze123
(Member)
whilst I agree this is a good holiday to start off with, the coach journey is horrendous....20 plus hours with an early hours start time....this meant no sleep night before so spoilt holiday cos of being so tired.

The hotel is very basic and the food is more like school meals.

Wish I's known about the horrendous travelling prior to booking :(

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Breeze

I'm sorry you were unhappy with the travelling time for this holiday.

Next year we will stop using coaches for travel to Europe and this holiday will either be by air or rail.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor