annetteb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm going on this trip on sunday travelling from Swansea by National Express and wondered if there was anyone else going from South Wales ?

Annette

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Annette,

I'm flying in from Belfast so hopefully will meet you somewhere before the gate! Looking forward to meeting you and hope we have a great trip!

Best wishes,

Bob

DPM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi both

I'll be flying in from sunny Manchester.

Look out for the Just You luggage labels!!

Not long to go now!

Dave

annetteb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Annette,

I'm flying in from Belfast so hopefully will meet you somewhere before the gate! Looking forward to meeting you and hope we have a great trip!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm sure we'll have a great holiday. Really looking forward to it. It's coming around really fast now. See you Sunday.

Annette

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'annetteb' wrote:

Hi, I'm going on this trip on sunday travelling from Swansea by National Express and wondered if there was anyone else going from South Wales ?

Annette

Hi. I have just come back from this fantastic trip - you will have a wonderful time. Some top tips though - anti-bacterial gel, Imodium and re-hydration salts are a must! Only drink bottled water - don't even open your mouth in the shower or clean your teeth with the tap water, and if possible I'd suggest going vegetarian - but don't eat the salad! This was my 7th JY trip and is now my No.1! Enjoy!

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the tips Hils! Hope I won't need the immodium or salts! Glad you had such a fantastic tour, take care,

Bob

annetteb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

'annetteb' wrote:

Annette

Hi. I have just come back from this fantastic trip - you will have a wonderful time. Some top tips though - anti-bacterial gel, Imodium and re-hydration salts are a must! Only drink bottled water - don't even open your mouth in the shower or clean your teeth with the tap water, and if possible I'd suggest going vegetarian - but don't eat the salad! This was my 7th JY trip and is now my No.1! Enjoy!

Hi, thanks for the tips, really appreciated. Already have the Imodium and rehydration salts just hope I wont need to use them. Have been told its a fabulous trip and i'm really looking forward to it. Won't be long now.

annetteb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DPM' wrote:

Hi both

I'll be flying in from sunny Manchester.

Look out for the Just You luggage labels!!

Not long to go now!

Dave

Hello Dave and Bob, just a few days to go now. Will look out for you both at the airport.

Annette

pat534
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I was also on the February trip. absolutely fantastic.I am sure you will all enjoy.

I used the gel very often especially after handling the money.The coach sells water and you get complimentary bottles in the hotels.

just a couple more tips.

I took some biscuits,cupasoups,small juice cartons and some sachets of hot chocolate drinks.(I don't like the coffee with powdered milk in the hotel rooms)We were travelling for long distances at times and lunch was often late.Good to have something with you especially on the train trips.

All the hotels sockets accept the European electricity adaptor.

There are no hairdriers in Ranthambore. Don't think anyone found this a problem.

We were fortunate to see a tiger on each game drive in the cantor I was in.There is a shop outside the gate of the hotel which can make up clothes for you in a few hours.

We did not change often for dinner.

It took ages to get through security at Delhi airport so not much time to spend Rupees airside on way home. The duty free will not accept Rupees but all the other shops do.Best not to have too many Rupees left by the time you get there.

Take loads of memory cards and spare batteries.