SmilerYorkshire
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone!. Have just joined as really want to take a holiday this year but feeling nervous as will be first time travelling solo. The beautiful Cliento Coast in Italy has caught my eye. Is anyone else going on 1st July? I'm 46 & just wondered what is the typical age range? Its about time I just dived in & explored further this wonderful planet we live on. As they say you only live once & I certainly love travel& meeting new people. Any tips greatly appreciated. Jane
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jane,

I'm also from yorkshire (aged 53) and think these holidays are great done 5 with my 6th booked for october and thinking of doing another before then.

My advice is if you fancy someting go for it, I doubt you'll regret it and would say you are likely to make some new friends alongthe way.

Age range from what I've seen is Ladies vary from late 20's to 80ish while men 40's to 80. The majority will be in their 50's or 60's with ladies outnumbering us men. Never seenage a issue on these trips, had a good laugh with people much older and much younger.

go for it

anything else just ask

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jane

I have just come bck from my 8th JY tour, age range 40's-late70's I am 53. YOU will be fine if you love to travel and meet new people just go for it you will have fun I am sure. Anything lse you need to know just ask away.

Good Luck

Cindy

MarkManchester
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Jane,

I'm also from yorkshire (aged 53) and think these holidays are great done 5 with my 6th booked for october and thinking of doing another before then.

My advice is if you fancy someting go for it, I doubt you'll regret it and would say you are likely to make some new friends alongthe way.

Age range from what I've seen is Ladies vary from late 20's to 80ish while men 40's to 80. The majority will be in their 50's or 60's with ladies outnumbering us men. Never seenage a issue on these trips, had a good laugh with people much older and much younger.

go for it

anything else just ask

Mick

Hi Mick. This is my first too. Not sure exactly where I fancy going just yet although Cyprus and Spain look tempting. I'm a bit apprehensive about it all and still haven't made up my mind whether to take the plunge or not. When you start the holiday, i.e. at the airport and right throughout it, is it obvious to all that you're on a singles holiday? It just worries me a bit.

MarkManchester
(Member)
'SmilerYorkshire' wrote:

Hello everyone!. Have just joined as really want to take a holiday this year but feeling nervous as will be first time travelling solo. The beautiful Cliento Coast in Italy has caught my eye. Is anyone else going on 1st July? I'm 46 & just wondered what is the typical age range? Its about time I just dived in & explored further this wonderful planet we live on. As they say you only live once & I certainly love travel& meeting new people. Any tips greatly appreciated. Jane

Hi Jane. I've only just registered and like you I'm apprehensive about booking onto a singles holiday. There are so many places I'd like to go to but the whole singles holiday thing isn't sitting that comfortably with me yet. I suppose it's the sort of stigma that can be attached to single people all getting together but mainly I'd think it could be difficult meeting and spending time with complete strangers in a foreign country. Is that how you feel, and indeed anyone else on here who's new?

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'MarkManchester' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Jane,

go for it

anything else just ask

Mick

Hi Mick. This is my first too. Not sure exactly where I fancy going just yet although Cyprus and Spain look tempting. I'm a bit apprehensive about it all and still haven't made up my mind whether to take the plunge or not. When you start the holiday, i.e. at the airport and right throughout it, is it obvious to all that you're on a singles holiday? It just worries me a bit.

Mark,

Suppose at the airport you will be seenas on your own but can't see a issue with that as the place is half full of people travelling on their own (buisness travellers, etc). On your journey and once in the resort you will make friends very quickly and will look like you've known each other years.

Just go for it, doubt you'll be dissapointed.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Please stop worrying about being new and single on a JY tour, honest it really is not that bad or else I would not of done 8 tours..yes in the VERY begining you dont know people but very soon you get chatting and it all works out, these strangers are friends you have not met yet. It really is not that hard to chat and get to know people. So if there is a holiday you fancy book it and give it a go.

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I totally agree with Cindy. There is no need to be nervous at all. Why waste time worrying about something, which is trivial? Of course, taking the first step is always a bit nerve racking, but once you have taken it you will look back and find that there was o need to be nervous at all.

Jaya

Solotraveller
(Member)
Don't be nervous! I've been on two trips (Jordan and South Africa) and there were people of all ages and both sexes in both groups. And we all got on well together, irrespective of age.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, wherever you go.