David1026
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I've never been on a singles holiday before but I'm thinking about going on the USA National Parks and Canyons. I would really appreciate any feedback regarding this holiday.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Did this holiday last summer, you'll see some amazing sites really enjoyed it.
JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the National Parks, Canyons and Little Big Horn trip last september. I had a great time with a great bunch of people. I notice that this year the trip is the reverse to what we did. We started in Rapid City and ended in Las Vegas.

The scenery on this trip is fantastic. I especially liked Bryce canyon and Mesa Verde. Yellowstone was marvellous, the only disappointment was not seeing a bear but we saw deer, elk, moose and lots of bison.

The trip itself is quite hectic with a few early starts and a couple of long days but overall it was a memorable holiday.

Regds

Jim

mikethesaint
(Member)
'JimS' wrote:

I did the National Parks, Canyons and Little Big Horn trip last september. I had a great time with a great bunch of people. I notice that this year the trip is the reverse to what we did. We started in Rapid City and ended in Las Vegas.

The scenery on this trip is fantastic. I especially liked Bryce canyon and Mesa Verde. Yellowstone was marvellous, the only disappointment was not seeing a bear but we saw deer, elk, moose and lots of bison.

The trip itself is quite hectic with a few early starts and a couple of long days but overall it was a memorable holiday.

Regds

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm seriously considering doing this trip in September this year. What was the weather like travelling at that time of year.

Mike

JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
'mikethesaint' wrote:

Hi Jim,

I'm seriously considering doing this trip in September this year. What was the weather like travelling at that time of year.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I mentioned that we did the trip in reverse to what JY do now. We started in Rapid City and worked our way southwards to Las Vegas. As I recall, we didn't have any, or hardly any, rain at all and the temperature from the start was in the 70s and it increased as time went by. When we reached Las Vegas it was very hot around the mid to high 90s.

You won't need any heavy clothing but as you head northwards you will find it getting a little cooler in the evenings so you might need a sweater or light jacket.

Regds

Jim