June47
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone,

I have just joined as I love to travel but have been on my own now for over a year and I'm slightly nervous about going ahead and booking my first trip. I'm in gloucester and in my early 60s and I was wondering roughly how many people over the age of 50 use these trips? I'd love to meet up with more people close to my own age and see more of the UK and the rest of the world.

It would be lovely to hear from people.

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done 10 JY holidays and age ranges have been 20's to late 70's and have been mostly over 50's.

(I'm 43) Don't let age range put you off - people mix well regardless of age.

Women tend to outnumber the men. Group size smallest I've been on was 13 and largest 40.

Pick a holiday that appeals to you and you'll have a fab time

Anna

DawnP
  • (Member)
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have just joined as I love to travel but have been on my own now for over a year and I'm slightly nervous about going ahead and booking my first trip. I'm in gloucester and in my early 60s and I was wondering roughly how many people over the age of 50 use these trips? I'd love to meet up with more people close to my own age and see more of the UK and the rest of the world.

Hi June

I believe most people are over 50 so you will be fine.

I went on my first trip in November to Andalucia, I'm 52, there were 45 in the group and only about 3 younger than me.

Dawn

jeff56
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi June? I have found that, although there is quite a range of ages, the majority of us are in our 50's and 60's

I have been on a few trips now and have always found everyone friendly, no one seems to ever be left on their own, unless of course they want to be.

Whether you start with a discovery weekend, or plump for a holiday I am confident you will enjoy yourself whatever you choose.

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

[/quote

Most people on JY trips are in the 45 to 80 age band ! So you will be fine. I have done 7 trips now and usually everyone merges into the group regardless of age.

brownowl
(Member)
Hello,

I have been on about five holidays with Just you, and there are always a wide range of ages, but mainly 40 years and over.

However, age does not come into it the groups have always got on very well, young or old. Don't hesitate, you will love it, and wish you had done it sooner.

Best wishes, Sheila x

gordon2711
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June I have just joined because i have been trying to book for about 5 years and finally plucked up the courage .I booked Prague for 12 June 3 nights 4 days ,Ithought a short trip first .I have been a widow for 8 years and never been on holiday on my own .But I must admit I know I will so nervous but I have to go now .And what I have read on the site has settled me a lot so you would be wise to just go ahead and book .Hope you enjoy Dot .

annabella
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June

I have not been abroad with JY but I did the New Year with them and I was very impressed, I will be going to Peterborough in August for the weekend then will start to look further afield good luck for what ever holiday you choose I am sure you will be fine. Annabella

newdoreen
(Member)
'annabella' wrote:

'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June

I have not been abroad with JY but I did the New Year with them and I was very impressed, I will be going to Peterborough in August for the weekend then will start to look further afield good luck for what ever holiday you choose I am sure you will be fine. Annabella

I did a weekend in Bournemouth last February which was excellent and great fun, Now I am off to China on Wednesday 25th April

I will go on travelling while health and money allow..I am celebrating my 78th birthday with this trip.So lets enjoy life while we still can, you never know what is round the corner

Doreen

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome June

Please stop feeling nervous and just go ahead and book. Choose a destination you always wanted to visit and book it. Age is just a number. I have been on 2 Just You holidays and enjoyed them both. My 3rd trip is next month. There will be plenty of people your age on any trip to choose and you will never feel alone. One good thing about Just You holidays is you are very well looked after and there is nothing to worry about. You will find that once you have been on one holiday with Just You, you will want to travel with them again.

Jaya

gordon2711
(Member)
'newdoreen' wrote:

'annabella' wrote:

'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June

I did a weekend in Bournemouth last February which was excellent and great fun, Now I am off to China on Wednesday 25th April

I will go on travelling while health and money allow..I am celebrating my 78th birthday with this trip.So lets enjoy life while we still can, you never know what is round the corner

Doreen

Hi you put me to shame ,here am I nervous of going on my first on my own and I am 66 and you are 78 .

Well done I hope I will still go when I am 78 ,as you say If health and money allow .Dot .

Wilmot
  • (Member)
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June

My friend and I have been on one JY holiday, Tuscany last year and one weekend break, last New Year's Eve at Peterborough. Mix of ages and as previously commented more ladies than gents but we have had a whale of a time on both. We are off Prague, Vienna and Budapest on 7 June and looking forward to it.We suggest pick the holiay that appeals and go for it.

Wilmot from Gloucestershire!

Hilary M.
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June,

I am 69 and I've just joined JY. I've been on my own now for 20 months and decided it was time to take the plunge. I've booked my first holiday to Prague on 18 September. I thought that a short trip to begin with would be good. I am a little less nervous about it after reading how everyone has such a good time.

Dormouse
(Member)
:thumbup:
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

hi I am 50 and have book Highlights of Tuscany for my first JY trip, I am so looking forward to the trip and meeting people, hope you choose a JY trip!

modula1
(Member)
Hi June I am from Hereford, not far from you, and I too am in my 60s. I am plucking up courage to go on the Heart of Alpine Europe trip in September. Are you going to pluck up courage too? If so maybe we will bump into each other.
modula1
(Member)
Hi June. I am from Hereford, not too far from you. I too am in my 60s and trying to pluck up courage to to book, preferably to the Heart of Alpine Europe. Did you have a destination in mind?
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
The majority of travellers will be in their 50's & 60's although will be some younger some older.

Ladies will outnumber men and tend to spread a bigger age range (late 20's to 80), Men seem to start when over 40, can't recall many (if any younger).

Early 60's you'll be great, right in the middle with as many older as there is younger.

Mick

phxjanet
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

I too have just joined and in my 60's. I was very scared but got lovely replies and am now looking forward to my first trip, hopefully early in 2013. I am near Bournemouth.

patricebry
(Member)
'June47' wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi June,

I've been on 7 JY holidays going on my 8th in September. I can give you 10 years and I have never yet been the eldest!! even on the long haul ones. On the Texas holiday (in Sept) I've been told (by Olly) that the age range is early thirties to mid eighties!!

Don't worry!!!

Regards, Pat

richardian
(Member)
Hello June.

I'm in my early 60's & have found age to be no problem.

I have been on four tours & I'd estimate the majority of justYou travellers to be in their 50s & 60s; but the ages range from the mid-20s to the early/mid-80s.

My next tour is in Oct 12 to Prague, Vienna & Budapest.

Richard.