DENNYB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I now find myself single again and although I love to travel I am apprehensive about doing so on my own. I am based in the North East and would love to take some advice about taking the plunge (preferable in the med)

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I first went with JY in 2010 about a year after my partner passed away after a short illness, always loved travel but wanted to go with others, couldn't face travelling alone.

Best thing I ever did, just booked my 6th holiday.

I'm not too far from you living in Yorkshire.

I suggest you go for it, just pick the trip you fancy.

Mick

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I've done about 10 Just you holidays (including Travelsphere part of the company) and you have nothing to worry about. Choose the holiday that appeals to you.

Women do tend to outnumber the men. Age ranges for 20's to late 70's (mainly late 40's upwards) Group sizes smallest has been 13 largest 40.

People are from all over the country. Don't let any of this put you off.

People mix well, and if you want time to yourself, that's not an issue either.

Anna

Yve
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

You will not be on your own on a Just You holiday, as the tour managers make sure that everyone has the opportunity to mix with the group. Even if you decide to take advantage of a flight from your local airport you will be met on arrival at your destination. This year I am taking my 3rd holiday with JY and wouldn't think of booking with anyone else as I have had such wonderful holidays. Last year I went on the Highlights of Tuscany holiday in September and had a wonderful time, I'm sure you will have a good time which ever holiday you choose to take.

Yve

christine2
(Member)
'DENNYB' wrote:

Hi

I now find myself single again and although I love to travel I am apprehensive about doing so on my own. I am based in the North East and would love to take some advice about taking the plunge (preferable in the med)

I too am from the north east and went on my first single holiday last year to Mallorca. I enjoyed it that much i have booked my 2nd holiday to The Italian Riviera for this year. Everyone was very friendly on my first trip away and I am pleased I took the plunge. Go for it.

Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have been thinking about it for a few months now and have just booked this week to go on my 1st solo trip to Kenya in March, was going to go later in year but thought I would chicken out so have just gone for it! So nervous but so excited to go where have always wanted to! Will see how this goes but have others in mind already :)

Good luck!

DENNYB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'christine2' wrote:

'DENNYB' wrote:

Can I enquire if you can fly from Newcastle and how does that work with joining the group at your destination?

debbieandnorris
(Member)
[I went to the Magic of Kenya in 2010 was amazing; I'm off to Costa Rica this Nov.

christine2
(Member)
'DENNYB' wrote:

'christine2' wrote:

'DENNYB' wrote:

Can I enquire if you can fly from Newcastle and how does that work with joining the group at your destination?

There are a few trips flying direct from Newcastle to your destination and there are reps at the other end to meet you and take you all to your hotel. Hope this helps

Christine