jackiegear
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am old, sad, and ready to leave and start anew. ha ha. Well, I am really about, around, em getting on for, just about.. err 50-60 ish ish. and I have just left my husband. Sad but it had to happen. I now want to start a new life and am ready for adventure. I would like advice on who I am liable to meet and the best places to go. I can not afford long haul yet but thought of Europe somewhere. What are the best type of holidays to go on? I drink socially, like slobbing around in my jeans, love travelling, love hotels and wining and dining etc. Just a normal person who likes fun. x Ooops I am female too. Jackie
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie..

I have done 3 short haul trips Austrian Lakes, Poland and the Tatra Mountains and Tuscany, I can recommend any of these, all for different reasons...Pick a trip that appeals to you and book it. I wish you well on your new adventure lets hope 2012 is a good year for you. If I can help with anything just ask away. I am off soon on my 8th JY holiday..

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done two Spanish hols (Andaluca & Mallorca) both are good but if I had to choose I'd opt for Andalucia but not much in it (Also done a couple of long haul trips).

I'm considering one of the All inclusive resort hols this year (Bulgaria or Greece).

I'm in my 50's and you'll find most travellers are 50's & 60's so you'll fit in just great. You'll find many of the other are just like yourself (myself included) slobbing around in jeans, having a drink, etc.

You are very likely to make some good friends.

Mick.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Life is too short to be sad! I would recommend Andalucia. It really is a beautiful place to visit. You will be able to do all the things you love! Going on holiday with Just You is great. You are very well looked after and everyone is really friendly. I have been twice - to Jordan and Andalucia and my third trip is in May. I am also thinking of going to the Holy Land in September. I would say, just choose a destination you always wanted to visit and go for it.

Good luck.

Jaya

Frankath
(Member)
I, too, am sort of 60ish, and would love to book somewhere warm, everyone seems so friendly and positive , its just taking that step of actually booking something and then looking forward to it. I am thinking of June ,maybe Italy, any help would be great thanks
dennissloan57
(Member)
I have just had five glorious days in Spain with Just You and in was fantastic. I am 83 now and I wish I had discovered it ten years ago.

I am looking through the brochure to choose my next holiday. Any one got any ideas.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
'dennissloan57' wrote:

I have just had five glorious days in Spain with Just You and in was fantastic. I am 83 now and I wish I had discovered it ten years ago.

I am looking through the brochure to choose my next holiday. Any one got any ideas.

Hi Dennis

Just pick a destination you always wanted to go to and book it. There are so many places to choose from. Decide whether you want to do short haul or long haul and then pick one. I am going to Costa de la Luz in May and am thinking of Israel (Holy Land) for September / October this year. I also fancy a trip to China, New Zealand, Australia, Costa Rica, Cuba - in fact I would love to be able to visit as many places I can as I love travelling.

Jaya

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
'Frankath' wrote:

I, too, am sort of 60ish, and would love to book somewhere warm, everyone seems so friendly and positive , its just taking that step of actually booking something and then looking forward to it. I am thinking of June ,maybe Italy, any help would be great thanks

Hi & Welcome to us all at Just You,

Italy? Fantastic place - you will love it. I did the Sorrento trip in September and had a great time. There are so many things to see - Capri, Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius & of course the Amalfi Drive. What can I say? I know that other parts of Italy are great too, so why not choose what appeals to you most and then book it. You won't be sorry and then you can start counting the days to a great holiday.

You will meet some lovely new people, your tour manager will make sure you are included in everything (if you want to) and you will have a really good time.

You have already taken the first step, now it's time to take the second one and go for it!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel: