Patricia123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there everyone,

New to the site and travelling alone, would like to get chatting to find out a little more about travelling with a group!

ge doesn't bother me as i think i'd get on with people of any age.

Just not sure where to go Canada, USA, China,???

Can't wait to hear from you all 🙂

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Patricia,

I actually like the spread of ages on JY tours (late 20's to 80 from what I've seen with the majority in their 50's & 60's) and it really is true most get on really well, think its because we are all like minded, like travel and there to enjoy ourselves.

My first trip with a group was Americas Golden West and although I was a experienced solo traveller I enjoyed the group holiday much mor than I expected. Really though whatever holiday you choose you'll find a healthy mix of group holiday veterans and newbies.

Get booked I'm sure you will have a great time.

Mick

janeyalan
(Member)
'Patricia123' wrote:

Hi there everyone,

New to the site and travelling alone, would like to get chatting to find out a little more about travelling with a group!

ge doesn't bother me as i think i'd get on with people of any age.

Just not sure where to go Canada, USA, China,???

Can't wait to hear from you all :)

Been to china which was fantastic, and have booked on the route 66 trip in May, enjoy what ever you decide on

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
http://www.justyou.co.uk/cindy-interview/ 

Patricia

Welcome if you have a look at the link it is my thoughts on JY.

My 1st Tour was to USA, I have now done 7 with and 8th booked for 2012.

As you said the age does not worry you, and you say you get on with people of any age, then I am sure you will fit in fine with the group. Group size carry vary depends on the trip could be 15 or perhaps 40 always more ladies then men. Within a very short time the group does gel together, yes some people buddy up but others just float from one person to another it all works very well. IF you need time on your own you are allowed that as well. I have done 3 USA tours and they have all been excellant, can be exhausting but well worth the money for what you get to see. If there are any more questions just ask.

Cindy

patricebry
(Member)
'Patricia123' wrote:

Hi Patricia (from another Patricia)!You!

I started my holidays with JY in Sept 2006 after I became a widow. I'm going on my 8th next year so that is recommendation enough. Where to go? I've done America's Parks & Canyons twice (I enjoyed it so much the first time I couldn't wait to return! I've done the Golden West, a Mexican cruise (not available now), a Greek cruise and 3 to different parts of Italy. Next Sept I'm going to China. They have all been fabulous and I've seen places I never thought I'd ever visit.

There's some selection for you so book it! you certainly won't regret it.

Regards, Pat

janicek
(Member)
Hi Patricia,

My advice would be to book somewhere you have always wanted to go. On my first JY trip I opted for Rocky Mountaineer with Alaska add on. You will meet a great bunch of people then be itching to book the next trip on your "to do" list.

Janice

Katherine-Leicester
(Member)
Hi Patricia

I went on my first Just You holiday this year. I did America's Golden West in September and it was fantastic. Great people and places. I had the time of my life.

Go for it and have a wonderful time no matter which holiday you choose.

Katherine

ElaineC
(Member)
Hi,

Welcome to Just You. I did my first JY holiday back in August. I was a little apprehensive, but at the same time excited about the holiday. I arrived at the airport early and soon met up with some more people going on the same holiday, we started chatting and we soon relaxed. Everybody in the group got on really well and was really friendly. I still keep in touch with some of the people I met and have booked my next trip to the National Parks, Canyons and Little Bighorn next year with a lady I met on the holiday in August. Just You is a brilliant company to holiday with - they look after you really well.

It didn't matter what ages people were on the holiday, everybody got on with each other. I would say most people were in the 50's and 60's, but there were some younger and older people. As for where to go, I would say choose somewhere you have always wanted to visit. My first trip was the Heart of Alpine Europe, because I had always wanted to see the Alps, and for a first trip it wasn't too far away, or too long a holiday. I am really looking forward to my next trip, as I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, and by reading the testimonials it sounds like a fantastic trip. Happy holidaying. Elaine :thumbup: