JennyAJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I have finally pluck up courage to book on my first JY holiday after being widowed several years ago. Is anyone else going on this trip from Heathrow? Also any tips on what to take would be much appreciated bearing in mind the time of year. Jenny
Eileen L
(Member)
'JennyAJ' wrote:

Hi I have finally pluck up courage to book on my first JY holiday after being widowed several years ago. Is anyone else going on this trip from Heathrow? Also any tips on what to take would be much appreciated bearing in mind the time of year. Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I was widowed 4 years ago and am off on this holiday on Wednesday--my first holiday on my own. Several people who have just been on this holiday have been very helpful with suggestions which you will find on testimonials. On my return I will be in touch to tell you about my holiday and give you any useful information. Now that the time is almost here I am excited but still a little apprehensive.

Regards,

Eileen

battgr
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JennyAJ' wrote:

hi Jenny

I went on this trip same time last year- my first with JY

Although thouroughly enjoyed as I am sure you will, the weather was very bad as rained most days so suggest you take waterproofs -also got chilly in evenings. Everyone was very friendly and still had great time

Graham

ElaineC
(Member)
Hi Jenny

Welcome to JY. I went on this trip in August and have placed a few posts under the Testimonials section. You will have a great time. The scenery is stunning. We were really lucky with the weather, I am not sure what it will be like in October. The group was really friendly, a great bunch to holiday with. This was my first holiday with Just You and I am in the process of planning my next trip with them next year. Hope you enjoy your holiday. Elaine :thumbup:

JennyAJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eileen wrote:

'JennyAJ' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

I was widowed 4 years ago and am off on this holiday on Wednesday--my first holiday on my own. Several people who have just been on this holiday have been very helpful with suggestions which you will find on testimonials. On my return I will be in touch to tell you about my holiday and give you any useful information. Now that the time is almost here I am excited but still a little apprehensive.

Regards,

Eileen

JennyAJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Eileen

Have a great time, I look forward to hearing your experience. I was widowed 5 1/2 years ago and it has taken me a long time to pluck up courage to book.

Jenny

'Eileen wrote:

'JennyAJ' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

Regards,

Eileen

JennyAJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Graham, what was the daytime temperature like despite being wet? Have you any other tips about the holiday..it would be much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I am sure I will too. Have you been on any more JY holidays?

Jenny

'battgr' wrote:

'JennyAJ' wrote:

hi Jenny

Although thouroughly enjoyed as I am sure you will, the weather was very bad as rained most days so suggest you take waterproofs -also got chilly in evenings. Everyone was very friendly and still had great time

Graham

battgr
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JennyAJ' wrote:

Thanks Graham, what was the daytime temperature like despite being wet? Have you any other tips about the holiday..it would be much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I am sure I will too. Have you been on any more JY holidays?

Jenny

'battgr' wrote:

'JennyAJ' wrote:

hi Jenny

Graham

Hi Jenny

Weather during day was quite warm - just a pity aboubt the rain - a few of the excursions were cancelled due to weather but Leanne the rep was excellent in making sure we all enjoyed ourselves.I was very impressed with JY and have booked to go on americas parks and canyons in October. Have a great time Graham

Eileen L
(Member)
'JennyAJ' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

What a marvellous trip it was. You will love it. Everyone was very friendly and I quickly lost my anxiety.Scenery was spectacular and all the trips were great. We had two days of rain the rest dry and sunny.Evenings were cool but not cold.As you have probably read the testimonials you have probably gained all the tips you will need. Enjoy your holiday and let me know how you get on.Since my return I have booked to go to China next April.Hope you will be booking another holiday and who knows we may meet on a holiday.

Regards, Eileen

JennyAJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eileen wrote:

'JennyAJ' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

What a marvellous trip it was. You will love it. Everyone was very friendly and I quickly lost my anxiety.Scenery was spectacular and all the trips were great. We had two days of rain the rest dry and sunny.Evenings were cool but not cold.As you have probably read the testimonials you have probably gained all the tips you will need. Enjoy your holiday and let me know how you get on.Since my return I have booked to go to China next April.Hope you will be booking another holiday and who knows we may meet on a holiday.

Regards, Eileen

Hi Eileen

So glad you enjoyed it. I am really excited now, although apprehensive as well. I'll let you know how I got on.

Kind regards

Jenny

jemart
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JennyAJ' wrote:

Hi Jenny

Hope you had as good a time as I did on this lovely holiday. It was my first time too and I have to say that everyone was very kind and friendly. It was a full on holiday but very enjoiyable. The scenery was beautiful. The weather only let us down once, when we were unable to take the moutain pass and cable car ride. I will definately book another Just Joy holiday but cannot make up my mind which one! It was nice to meet you. Jean