marian B
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

Just joined here as am tired of not going alone to places I would like to see but holidays for me are lazy days just to sit and read , as well as experiencing some sightseeing , so am wondering is it a lot of very early mornings and long days , sorry don't mean to sound boring , appreciate your comments

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Marian..

Welcome.... it really would depend on what sort of tour you book, I am sure there are more relaxing ones with JY. I have done 7 tours with New Zealand booked for 2012, with the tours I pick I can say they have all been full on tours, lots to see and do, early mornings and long day's but thats what I want, to see as much as I can. So my suggestion to you would to be,to really read up on the tours and maybe post if there is one you fancy on here to see if anybody has been on it and can offer you more information. Good Luck.

Cindy

Cindy

DawnP
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marian

I'm going on my first solo holiday to Andalucia in November.

I agree with you, I use holidays to relax and recharge my batteries and also love to just sit and read.

Its nice to do some sight seeing but not every day. So I say do as much or as little as you want, its your holiday.

Dawn

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
The touring holidays (which is my preffered hol) are a lot of early mornings and long days but I'd suggest you go for one of the resort holidays (Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, etc)
JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Marian

I understand what you are saying, And I can suggest two holidays which would fit in with you. I can recomend The Austrian Lakes, Where you can have a mix of sight seeing and also Lazy days, And perhaps even both in one day. As the hotel has a nice relaxing garden right by the Lake side.for you to read if you so wish. There are a couple of included excursions, one being into the 4th biggest Austrian City of Salzburg, And if you have an interest in The Movie "The Sound Of Music" Then you would preobably love this part of the world. Some trips are optional therefore allowing you ample time to laze around the lake. My second tip is Bulgarian Black Sea Rivera where you have A beach, Indoor, Out door pools to laze around if you wish. Both very different trips but I think would fit in with your requirements. Both trips are not very regimented nor rushed. I hope this helps

Regards Andy

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Marian & Dawn,

Welcome to the Just You community.

You know Just You will have a holiday which will meet your needs.

If you want to relax & read, some of the all-inclusive holidays may fit the bill. I too have done the Austrian Lakes and Andy is right, you can a mix of excursions & relaxing. But all the excursions on any holiday are not compulsory so you could opt out if you did not want to go.

I love to tour & see as much as I can so like the more unusual trips, but what suits me does not necessarily appeal to others.

So might I suggest that you look online or at the brochure to see what appeals to you and go for it. I know you will not be disappointed. Also remember we have all experienced our first trip - for some this is quite scary - but you have nothing to lose & a lot to gain.

Any questions you may have can be answered on these forums, either by other travellers, Olly or the tour managers. Please feel free to ask.

Good luck (not that you will need it) and have a wonderful holiday.

Be happy,

Best wishes.

Lesley :angel: