Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone

I'm new here and looking to go on my first JY holiday next year. I'm not too sure though if I should go long or short haul. There are some many places to go and I'm finding it difficult choosing my first holiday. Anyone have any suggestions for my first JY holiday?

Thanks

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I've done about 10 JY holidays both long & short. All have been great. I would say go with whatever country that appeals to you regardless of distance from UK. Age ranges have been from 30's to late 70's. Women have always outnumbered men. Group sizes smallest 13 largest 40.

Anna

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pick the holiday you really fancy, does not matter if its LH or SH...my first trip was LH to USA. Good Luck

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I would say just pick whatever holiday appeals to you most, whether long or short haul. I've done the Treasures of Andalucia and America's Golden West and thoroughly enjoyed both hols. Everyone is very friendly and I've two more booked. My plan is to do as many long hauls as I can afford over the next few years and do short hauls when I'm older. Hope this helps!
lizziep
(Member)
Hi

I have just come back from America's Golden West, my first holiday with JY. It was fabulous!! Long haul was worth it for sure, though I would not rule out any holiday if it were as well organised as the one I have just had.

Liz

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'Littlepaul66' wrote:

Hi Everyone

I'm new here and looking to go on my first JY holiday next year. I'm not too sure though if I should go long or short haul. There are some many places to go and I'm finding it difficult choosing my first holiday. Anyone have any suggestions for my first JY holiday?

Thanks

Hi I had the same problem. Find a holiday that you like and go for it. I did golden west in usa. Had such a great time doing another USA trip in march. Everyone was so friendlyand we had such a great time. If you like to fly and dont mind the jetlag. Go long. Let me no how you get on Shelly 1

julian888
(Member)
Hi littlepaul,

My advice would be to try a short break or discovery weekend first. That way you can get a feel for things without spending too much cash.

I've not done a discovery weekend myself but I've heard from fellow JY travellers that they are really enjoyable and informative.

Julian

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for all your comments. Everyone seems to have a great time on their first holiday no matter how nervous they are. I'm thinking now of going on America's Golden West or The Wonders of China sometime next year. Might as well go long haul while I can afford it as you said BGray.

Once again thanks

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well my first JY holiday was Americas Golden West and loved it so you definately got a good one on your list.
KMcP
  • (Member)
(Member)
My first JY holiday was USA Parks and Canyons (fab), 2nd holiday Lake Garda (fab). Good luck.
mikethesaint
(Member)
I'm doing my first JY holiday next month and have booked South Africa Explorer with an add on to Victoria Falls.

Like a lot of people on this site, I am rather nervous about travelling on my own however I made the choice because I did not have a companion to go with. However I'm sure I will make a lot of new friends who are in a similar situation and have just as good a holiday as I would have done going with someone I already knew.

My advice is go somewhere you have always wanted to go to, whether long or short haul and just enjoy yourself.

Mike