bourkie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello to anyone who is going to China 27th September. I did this tour last year started on 28th September. Are you aware that there is a holiday starting 1st October National Holiday, for one week. Offices, factories and banks all close. Dont panic, you will find a lot of people come into main cities from the smaller towns and provinces, Beijing we found very busy with lots of people, they like to talk to you especially the young people, like to practise their english. They also like to have their pictures taken with you, these they take home and tell neighbours these are my English friends. It was quite fun although crowded at times. Dont worry about banks being closed as the hotels are happy to change 'nice clean stirling and dollar notes'. Do not take travellers cheques as they will not change them, some of our group had problems. The rate was much better in China than here. Dont forget your hand wipes. It will be a hectic tour worth it as you will make lots of Chinese friends as well as friends in your group. Enjoy. Lillie.
Shropshire Lad
(Member)
'bourkie' wrote:

Hello to anyone who is going to China 27th September. I did this tour last year started on 28th September. Are you aware that there is a holiday starting 1st October National Holiday, for one week. Offices, factories and banks all close. Dont panic, you will find a lot of people come into main cities from the smaller towns and provinces, Beijing we found very busy with lots of people, they like to talk to you especially the young people, like to practise their english. They also like to have their pictures taken with you, these they take home and tell neighbours these are my English friends. It was quite fun although crowded at times. Dont worry about banks being closed as the hotels are happy to change 'nice clean stirling and dollar notes'. Do not take travellers cheques as they will not change them, some of our group had problems. The rate was much better in China than here. Dont forget your hand wipes. It will be a hectic tour worth it as you will make lots of Chinese friends as well as friends in your group. Enjoy. Lillie.

Good to hear from someone on this holiday ! :thumbup: I thought I was on my own !!

bourkie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Shropshire wrote:

'bourkie' wrote:

Good to hear from someone on this holiday ! :thumbup: I thought I was on my own !!

bourkie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Shropshire lad you might well be on your own as I went last year. Dont worry last year I put posts on the board and did not hear from anyone. You will like me meet lots of lovely people at the airport, or perhaps be luckier than me hear from someone. How ever you will have a fantastic holiday and meet a lot more Chinese people because part of your tour wll be during their bank holiday. I have lots of new Chinese friends and Iand my group are on lots of their pictures. It will be hectic at times long days , lots of walking and stairs.

But just think of all those memoried you will come back with! Enjoy.

Lillie.

Shropshire Lad
(Member)
'bourkie' wrote:

Hello Shropshire lad you might well be on your own as I went last year. Dont worry last year I put posts on the board and did not hear from anyone. You will like me meet lots of lovely people at the airport, or perhaps be luckier than me hear from someone. How ever you will have a fantastic holiday and meet a lot more Chinese people because part of your tour wll be during their bank holiday. I have lots of new Chinese friends and Iand my group are on lots of their pictures. It will be hectic at times long days , lots of walking and stairs.

Lillie.

OOOPPPSS !! :@

Col

Shropshire Lad
(Member)
'Shropshire wrote:

'bourkie' wrote:

Lillie.

OOOPPPSS !! :@

Col

Sorry , dont know how the Mr Angry face got there !!:blush:

Col

raydenkav
(Member)
Hi, I am Ray and yes I am going to China on 27th September. My first singles holiday since my wife passed away and I am looking forward to it. Can anyone recomend a goodguide book? Look forward tomeeting you all.:thumbup:

'bourkie' wrote:

TheSaintlyMackem
(Member)
I'm on this tour as well.

I've got the Berlitz CHINA pocket guide book.

Sorting out my local currency this week.

raydenkav
(Member)
Thanks for that I'll check out Waterstones on Saturday.

'TheSaintlyMackem' wrote:

I'm on this tour as well.

I've got the Berlitz CHINA pocket guide book.

Sorting out my local currency this week.

JaneN
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm on this tour as well 🙂 This is my first trip on my own so I am excited but also apprehensive. Can't wait to meet everyone and make some new friends.
vegasmags
(Member)
I am also on this trip and really looking forward to it and to meeting everyone else. I have treated myself to a Kindle and put a couple of travel guides on it, so I am sure that between us we will rapidly become old hands - hm hm.
TheSaintlyMackem
(Member)
'vegasmags' wrote:

I am also on this trip and really looking forward to it and to meeting everyone else. I have treated myself to a Kindle and put a couple of travel guides on it, so I am sure that between us we will rapidly become old hands - hm hm.

It seems you have the same idea with getting a kindle..........I'm assuming this will be perfect for the flight? :)

vegasmags
(Member)
'TheSaintlyMackem' wrote:

'vegasmags' wrote:

It seems you have the same idea with getting a kindle..........I'm assuming this will be perfect for the flight? :)

Yes, that's the plan. I am not very good at travelling light, so I'm trying to turn over a new leaf for this trip instead of taking loads of books and stuff with me. I still have the feeling that you'll recognise me by my outsize luggage.

bourkie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello to everyone going on the Wonder of China tours, you will have an experience you have never had before when you take the train to Chengde. The 'Trolley Dollies' are unbelievable they are so friendly and funny in the nicest possible way, Boy do they like you to barter!!. So sit back and enjoy your journey of a lifetime. Another happy memory to bring home. Enjoy it all.

Lillie.

TheSaintlyMackem
(Member)
hopefully arriving at Heathrow for 5:30pm.

Are we arranging a cental meeting point?