marie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Everyone

Is anyone staying overnight at Heathrow on Wednesday 5 October 2011 who can recommend a good hotel at a reasonable price

Many thanks

Marie

Jenny789
(Member)
'marie' wrote:

Hello Everyone

Is anyone staying overnight at Heathrow on Wednesday 5 October 2011 who can recommend a good hotel at a reasonable price

Many thanks

Marie

Hi,

I stayed at comfort hotel last year and it is Ok but not special but cheap around £60 bed and breakfast. This year i have booked premier inn for £99 for room 3 course evening meal and breakfast. this hotel also has very good reviews. I have also stayed at Julys Inn a couple of years ago and this was a very nice hotel, that year I got a good deal but when i have looked at prices since they are now quite high and above my budget.

It is always worth getting a hotel that the hoppa buses go to otherwise you will need to factor in taxi to the airport.

Jenny

bondensbabe
(Member)
Hi Marie. Having used it I can recommend the Holiday Inn on Sipson Way/Bath Road. Not the Holiday Inn Ariel! I used it last year when I went to the U.S.A and intend to again this year. I think it is around £50 for room only.
Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

Where are you off too. I am planning on staying overnight on the 5th Oct going to Texas and New Orleans the next day. I normally stay at the comfort Inn, I find it OK normally cost around £35 for B&B but evening meals are quite dear there. Im quite happy to meet up if you are willing

Sam

marie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sammyjo' wrote:

Hi Marie

Where are you off too. I am planning on staying overnight on the 5th Oct going to Texas and New Orleans the next day. I normally stay at the comfort Inn, I find it OK normally cost around £35 for B&B but evening meals are quite dear there. Im quite happy to meet up if you are willing

Sam

Hi Sam

I have just booked for one night 5 October at the Comfort Hotel. The price quoted was £69 which was more than last year and did not include breakfast. I am also booked for the Texas and New Orleans trip and I think the flight leaves at 9.30am so I am not sure if I will have time for breakfast if we have to be at the airport 3 hours before, but will have to check with Just You.if we need to get there that early. I shall book an evening meal when I get to the hotel so if you are staying there it would be good to meet up.

Marie

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

I must get on and book my overnight stay at the comfort inn. Thats gone up quite a bit last time i booked last Sept it was only £35 and that was with breakfast! I will be coming up from Cornwall on the national express so probably wont arrive until about 7ish, but yes would be nice to meet up. Keep in touch and will arrange near the time. not long to go now!

Sam

marie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sammyjo' wrote:

Hi Marie

I must get on and book my overnight stay at the comfort inn. Thats gone up quite a bit last time i booked last Sept it was only £35 and that was with breakfast! I will be coming up from Cornwall on the national express so probably wont arrive until about 7ish, but yes would be nice to meet up. Keep in touch and will arrange near the time. not long to go now!

Sam

Hi Sam

I shall be travelling up on the National Express Coach from Dorset so expect to arrive either late afternoon or early evening depending on which coach I get, as I haven't booked it yet. We had quite a nice evening meal at the Comfort last year, so I shall book it when I get there.

See you soon

Marie

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi there, I always use the Travelodge. Book online the Heathrow Central one. This has a Hoppa bus which goes around a few of the hotels for £4 each way to othe terminals. Hotel is usualy around £19-£25 a night for a family sized room ensuite & perfectly clean.

Helenj

janeyalan
(Member)
Have just booked the ARORA at £54 for a night in Aug, it had good reviews, so fingers crossed
Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

Well getting close now only 4 weeks away, getting exciting now. Checked the weather out last week and it was between 28 and 30 so nice and warm.

Still up for meeting at the hotel? Depending on which bus i catch i will get at the airport either 14.30ish or 17.05

Be good to hear from you

Sam

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

Will be catching the earlier coach up so will get there 14.30 at Heathrow any way. Probably take about another hour to get to hotel.

Sam

marie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sammyjo' wrote:

Hi Marie

Will be catching the earlier coach up so will get there 14.30 at Heathrow any way. Probably take about another hour to get to hotel.

Sam

Hi Sam

The coach I am catching arrives at the Central Bus Station at 15.10 so I hope to catch a Hoppa bus about 15.30 so should be at the hotel about 16.00. I will leave a message with my room number at reception. We could meet up for a meal later.

Not long to go now. The weeks have gone by very quickly.

See you soon

Marie

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

We may cross paths on the way waiting for the hoppa bus. I will also leave my number at reception whoever gets there first. Rather than getting the hoppa bus from the hotel to the airport do you fancy seeing how much it would cost to get a taxi. The hoppa bus from the hotel is not straightforward you have to either catch it back to Terminal 1 and then get the underground, or it goes to Terminal 5 then you have to catch another bus to terminal 4. If you are interested i will find out? you will only have to pay for hoppa bus one way

Sam

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

We may cross paths on the way waiting for the hoppa bus. The hoppa coming back to the airport is a bit fiddly, you either catch it back to terminal 1, then get the underground or catch the hoppa to terminal 5 and then catch a different one to terminal 4. If you are interested i will see how much a taxi is to take us straight to terminal 4?

Sam

marie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sammyjo' wrote:

Hi Marie

We may cross paths on the way waiting for the hoppa bus. The hoppa coming back to the airport is a bit fiddly, you either catch it back to terminal 1, then get the underground or catch the hoppa to terminal 5 and then catch a different one to terminal 4. If you are interested i will see how much a taxi is to take us straight to terminal 4?

Sam

Hi Sam

I think it would be a good idea to enquire about a taxi. Early morning it is not easy going from Terminal 5 to Terminal 4 with luggage. I have done it before but would prefer getting a taxi if possible.

Marie

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

Taxi costs about 10 to 15 pounds are you happy to go with that?

If you want to meet at the bus station i dont mind hanging around for half and hour? if so what is your coach number so i can keep an eye out? if not see you at the hotel, my surname is Gill

Getting close now only three weeks to go

Sam

marie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sam

I am happy with the taxi cost, it will save carrying luggage so far.

I have booked my seat now and my coach 205 gets in to Central Bus Station at 15.30 so I think I shall just miss a Hoppa unless it gets in a bit early. It would be good to meet at the coach station but with the revised time you would have to wait over an hour for me, so it may be best to meet at the hotel. My surname is Webb.

See you soon

Marie

Sammyjo
(Member)
Ok thats great will just book hoppa one way and arrange a taxi when we get to the hotel.

OK will see you at the hotel, just keep your eye out for the blue luggage labels!!

Not long now

see you soon

Sam

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
'marie' wrote:

Hello Everyone

Many thanks

Marie

Hi Marie,

I can recommend the Holiday Inn (Sipson road) and the Windsor Marriot (Langley road). Both hotels are 4*, not far from Heathrow and both served by the Hoppa bus. I'm off on the Japan trip on 16th October and staying at the Marriot, it's about £96 for hotel plus 9 days parking.

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi Marie

Getting pretty close now. See you on Wednesday. Safe journey up

Sam