arrange1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone of my age group, early young 60 (preferably female) who is considering taking a holiday abroad on their own this year. My husband is not one for holidaying abroad and I'm not brave enough to go by myself. I'm a little shy but have a good sense of humour and enjoy gadding about or just lazing on the beach. I don't smoke, I like reading, playing cards, good food, conversation and seeing the sights.

I decided to retire this year (yesterday actually) was a teacher.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done 4 JY days and from what you say I think a JY holiday will suit you.

The majority of travellers are normally between mid fifties and seventy, with a few older and younger. On average the ladies outnumber the menaround 3 to 1.

Remember everyone is there for the same reasons, travelling solo, want a good holiday, etc. In my experience everyone gets on great and as a very good time thats why many of us book again with JY.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
There are many people of your age out there that use JY as a tour company, I am like you I to have a HUSBAND who does like to travel but NOT tours. I have done 7 JY tours with 8th booked. Been using JY for the last 5 years, Juts pick a holiday you fancy and book it, you will have fun. If there are any questions I can help with just ask.

Cindy

Sharon H
(Member)
Hi there,

I'm hoping to go to Luxembourg at the beginning of September. First time for me too! I'm in my early 50s. If you're interested, let me know!

Sharon H
(Member)
Hi there,

I'm hoping to go to Luxembourg at the beginning of September. First time for me too! I'm in my early 50s. If you're interested, let me know!

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done about 10 JY holidays and all have been fab. I'm 42. The age ranges have been anywhere between 30's to late 70's, women do tend outnumber men. Group sizes - smallest has been 13 largest been 40.

Have been a good mix of people regardless of age & sex.

You'll have a good time with whatever holiday you choose.

Anna :thumbup:

tinkerbell4mj
(Member)
'arrange1' wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone of my age group, early young 60 (preferably female) who is considering taking a holiday abroad on their own this year. My husband is not one for holidaying abroad and I'm not brave enough to go by myself. I'm a little shy but have a good sense of humour and enjoy gadding about or just lazing on the beach. I don't smoke, I like reading, playing cards, good food, conversation and seeing the sights.

Hi. Im in the same predicament as you-although I have traveled before alone. I would much rather travel with someone I've met and then join a group. If you're interested let me know and perhaps we can talk further?

JoanS
  • (Member)
(Member)
'arrange1' wrote:

hi

You will enjoy Just You holidays. I am about to go on my 4th one and on each holiday I have met wonderful people. I am a retired, widowed teacher and I can assure you that will be people on the holiday who will share your interests.

Essextown
(Member)
'arrange1' wrote:

Hi.Ditto. Taught for 26 years but decided enough was enough.Not quite old enough for retirement though.My husband still works and has a contract in China so Im at a loose end .

I've just booked the Egypt/Nile cruise leaving on 6 September.