CMW54
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello.

I am travelling from Gatwick on 8 September with Just You - classical cities of italy.

I need to stay overnight at Gatwick. Can anyone suggest a decent but not too expensive place to stay at the Airport? There seems to be so many to chose from and I have never been to Gatwick before.

Chris

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi Chris,

I used the Holiday Extra phone number that I got from Just You and got a room in a hotel near the Airport for £53 - but that didn't include breakfast. Room was lovely though!

Take care

Anne

SueP365
(Member)
Hi,

if you want to stay at the airport itself, I would recommend the Yotel. This is under the South Terminal. it is small, but very clean and comfortable, and not expensive (think I paid around £55 for the night). The only noise is from doors closing, which you can get in a hotel too. google "Yotel" and have a look. The hotels linked directly to the airport are very expensive. other hotels you would have to pay for a taxi or shuttle bus, so doesn't always work out cheaper.

Hope this helps

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chris

http://gatwickworth.hotels24seven.com 

Nowadays if I do not HAVE to stay overnight I use a car company called tudor Rose www.tudorrose.co.uk, who are excelent. You drive up to the airport and they meet you there and take yout car away from there when you land back you ring when you have your bag, and by the time your outside their there to meet you. works so well.

The Sofitel hotel at LGW is right by departures you can walk from the hotel. BUT it is quite expensive £100.00 includes breakfast approx... www.sofitel.com/Gatwick

Hope that helps you.

Cindy

CMW54
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks everybody for your suggestions! Much appreciated! 🙂

Chris

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Chris.

I can recommend the Sofitel Hotel. Which is very handy, Particularly if you are flying from The North Terminal. As you would not need to worry about taxis or buses. As you can walk from the Hotel via a bridge, Right into the terminal. Failing that if you happen to be flying from the South Terminal. You can still use this hotel, And catch the free mono rail service between the terminals. The mono rail only takes a few minutes. And are regular.

Enjoy your trip

Andy

bondensbabe
(Member)
Hi Chris. I always use Springwood Guest House. From £40 for a single room including breakfast (continental), and free transfer to and from the airport between 7am until 8pm. Sue and Lee, the owners, are very welcoming, and there is a great pub just up the road.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/springwoodguesthouse.en.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-110964-gb-SSIX74kAOb6_QoxSxvAXmgS3883030260;ws=&gclid=CPayj-CB8qkCFcNP4QoduWTEWw 

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have also used the Springwood Guest House on many occasions, its a small B & B and the owners are lovely. They even pick you up at the airport for no extra charge if its within the times they can make. Very central to the airport, only 5-10 mins away.

Sue